Question regarding Mandalorians(sp)

CKNORTH

I was pretty much raised on star wars, watching empire strikes back when I was just a small kid as well as return of the Jedi when it came out think I was six then Lol, watched all the prequel episodes, as for books I've only read Jedi academy serries and highly recommend it, I really wanted to read Shadows of the Empire, it's on the tado list, but I however seem to be missing the entire background of when Mandalorians were introduced.

Can anyone recommend the book or serries of books of when they were introduced to the story line please and thank you. Or at the very least shed some light on there background a little thanks again!

Wasn't Karen Travis's beef with the SW folks based on the fact that a lot of her in book portrayals of Mandalore and the Mandalorians was retconned out when they actually appeared on screen for quite a few Clone Wars episodes?

And for those wanting a different take on the subject than that offered by that currently out of favor writer, The Clone Wars animated series has at least 6 or 7 episodes that take place on, around or in some way involving Mandalore. And for the most part they are pretty good. (Heck Obi Wan even gets him some :eek::wea_03: )

Wasn't Karen Travis's beef with the SW folks based on the fact that a lot of her in book portrayals of Mandalore and the Mandalorians was retconned out when they actually appeared on screen for quite a few Clone Wars episodes?

And for those wanting a different take on the subject than that offered by that currently out of favor writer, The Clone Wars animated series has at least 6 or 7 episodes that take place on, around or in some way involving Mandalore. And for the most part they are pretty good. (Heck Obi Wan even gets him some :eek::wea_03: )

Pretty much, though it kinda was needed since she portrayed the mandalorians like gods where they were the best at everything and they couldn't be beaten.

trying reading the Republic commando series. It talks about the troopers history of being a mandolorian. very good books by Karen Travis.

I'd actually par that down even more into "read half of the Republic Commando series", because half way through that she completely lost the plot and it just got so bad it was funny.

Keep in mind that:

A) Mandalorians don't stay the peaceful type for long, and as Kenobi states in the Mandalore episodes, weren't always peaceful (Mandalorian Wars)

B) Karen Traviss is a Mandalorian who came to earth and spreads her stories to glorify her people, not be a neutral narrarator)

C) Wearing Mandalorian armor in real life gets you girls.