Question about star wars books.

Wallner

So I just completed the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn. According to the Star Wars novels timeline at the back, if you skip the X-Wing book, it's the Jedi Academy trilogy next.

So I bought Jedi Search and started reading. But here I start reading about an imperial civil war, Luke being turned by a resurrected emperor and Han and Leia's three children.

Now, this is not where Last Command left me. So I reckon there has to be some books (or book) in between the trilogies (excluding the X-Wing book, because I checked, and that one was written after this trilogy.)

Anyone that can help?

Well, first off, don't skip the X-Wing series. They're awesome.

Secondly, the X-Wing series, at one point, ties directly into another book, called the Courthip of Princess Leia where my guess is that Han actually marries Stupidgirl, which if the X-wing series comes between the books you're reading, may be an important step in the process of getting from one book to another.

So I just completed the Heir to the Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn. According to the Star Wars novels timeline at the back, if you skip the X-Wing book, it's the Jedi Academy trilogy next.

So I bought Jedi Search and started reading. But here I start reading about an imperial civil war, Luke being turned by a resurrected emperor and Han and Leia's three children.

Now, this is not where Last Command left me. So I reckon there has to be some books (or book) in between the trilogies (excluding the X-Wing book, because I checked, and that one was written after this trilogy.)

Anyone that can help?

What you are looking for is the Dark Horse Comic Series "Dark Empire" (& "Crimson Empire" as an extension), which depicts the events after the Thrawn Crisis and involves the "Resurrection" of Palpatine and the last major Clash between the Galactic Empire and the New Republic, well the final one of great scale at least. You can read the summaries on http://starwars.wikia.com since the comics aren't that easy to get anymore.

What you are looking for is the Dark Horse Comic Series "Dark Empire" (& "Crimson Empire" as an extension), which depicts the events after the Thrawn Crisis and involves the "Resurrection" of Palpatine and the last major Clash between the Galactic Empire and the New Republic, well the final one of great scale at least. You can read the summaries on http://starwars.wikia.com since the comics aren't that easy to get anymore.

Cool! Thanks for the info! :) Will try to get a hold of them! A bit confusing when the comics aren't in the timeline.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting story about that. Dark Empire actually started at Marvel Comics while they still held the license, due to Veitch and Kennedy's critically-acclaimed "Light and Darkness Saga" published under Marvel's Epic. 1990 Marvel Age actually solicits Dark Empire as a three book, bookshelf-format mini-series. In-universe, the story was going to be set a couple of years after RotJ. Anakin Solo -- Leia's preganancy within that story -- is actually the first Solo child, despite being the youngest Solo child.

Around this time, Marvel Comics let their license lapse, and Dark Horse Comics swooped in. They got the Dark Empire project with it. About the same time, Bantam sought to publish Star Wars novels and got Tim Zahn involved. By the time Zahn's draft got in, he had also set HttE after RotJ; and Leia was also pregnant (with twins). And neither story connected to the other. It was easier to time-shift the Dark Empire storyline later, after the Heir to the Empire novel, than it was to "write in" everything that would have been needed.

So, that's how we ended up with that neat little order of stories.

Imagine this: had it all played out as intended, Anakin Solo would be the eldest. The Emperor Reborn would have been destroyed completely before Thrawn came on the scene; Thrawn would have been the final word of Imperial leaders. Luke would have had an entire New Jedi Order to combat Jorus C'baoth.

Interesting stuff!

• 3 months later...

Anyone that can help?

Actually most of the x-wing books take place before the first 3 thrawn books. The courtship of Princess Leia is also before it, then the thrawn trilogy takes place, then other books Including the dark empire comics, then the hand of thrawn books. Anakin solo is born sometime I between the 2 thrawn series, I'm to lazy to figure out exactly when :D