Do you stay level 49 cause your that bad?

xxCarnage

I twink all my characters in perfect augmented gear at 49. I have over 1800 cunning on my operative at level 49 at the moment and can hit 4.5k with hidden strike. I have around 16k HP.

I don't think I've lost a WZ since I hit 49.

I don't leave WZs at the end to avoid exp, though. I just want to make that last level of lowbie pvp hilariously fun.

That's a little different to hanging at 49 forever because you can't handle 50 however. The ones that hang there seem to be really bad at the game. That's no surprise though really.

Given that the OP has a sage video in his sig you could just check out the video. I haven't done that yet either so lets play your game.

Important A does not imply the OP is a hypocrite. At the least BM is the norm, not recruit, whereas 49 Twinks with almost all of their skills and vastly superior gear are the outlier in the lower bracket. You're comparing apples and level 50 PVP.

Important statement B is a fallacy. It is possible to have not the best gear in 50 and not get destroyed by war hero geared 50s. Augmented BM is perfectly competitive.

The implication of statement B is a non sequitur. This thread is not about 50 PVP. There are plenty of threads about the gear gap at level 50. Also only the idle rich can bother to fully twink out toons in full purple gear in the lowbie bracket. Full War Hero is available to anyone willing to grind, and at 50 that grinding isn't going to have you level straight through the gear you were working for.

Important statement C is another fallacy. Having good gear is not the same as twinking. He's only a hypocrit if he has a twinked character and leaves warzones early so his gear doesn't get comparatively worse through leveling.

Either way twinking is pretty lame.

Well said.

To all of you who are talking about gear being the problem with the gap... it is only a small part. The real problem is in the ability points and the gap that they create.

When your skills are buffed to level 49 the majority of damage comes from the skill its self. When you have the ability to spec into things like more force, high crit procs etc. that is what causes the gap.

and by the way stop trying to grind WH and just accessorize your BM. You will be very competitive.

SWTOR just make it so that you get exp after every medal earned with diminishing returns. Then create a lock out if you leave a warzone. Maybe 5min that way people wont just get medals and leave.

The fighting capability between 49 twink and lvl 10 is much worse than fully augmented WH player vs. recruit. The amount of talent points between the two is worse than a gear gap.

My 49 twink sin can solo 2-3 lowbies easily.

Yet there are all these videos out there of elite WH geared guys doing the same thing to other level 50's = gear gap. and those vids show most of them completely helpless.

I haven't seen any videos of 50s soloing 3 other 50s, but then again I don't watch too many videos.

You can't compare subjective performance (Such as winning or solo'ing more players), since this takes in RNG for dmg roles, and skill itself. I think it's been established that the amount of skill present in the 10-49 bracket is "abysmal" as another poster said it.

Since we are talking about the gear gap and twinking here then we shouldn't take into account anecdotal evidence such as being able to solo. I've solo'd two people before, too on my Lv 37 LolVengeance Jugg in around full blues. LET'S NERF ALL GEAR AMIRITE?

To he who replied to my logic post:

Important A does not imply the OP is a hypocrite. At the least BM is the norm, not recruit, whereas 49 Twinks with almost all of their skills and vastly superior gear are the outlier in the lower bracket. You're comparing apples and level 50 PVP.

OP is whining that other people with a statistical advantage due to their greater time invested to the game are destroying the game. I see no other reason how twinks could be detrimental to the game other then that. The inner mathematician of myself is wanting to tell you that if you're going to complain about people with better gear, you need to remove all gear in PvP. That's right. 1001 aim vs 1000 aim is unbalanced. Fact. Of course it's not as imbalanced as 1000 aim vs 1600 aim :p OP in that statement, if it were true, would mean that he is "destroying" the game for everyone else.

Important statement B is a fallacy. It is possible to have not the best gear in 50 and not get destroyed by war hero geared 50s. Augmented BM is perfectly competitive.

It is possible to have not the best gear in 10-49 and not get destroyed by twink 49s. Blues are perfectly competitive.

In fact, there are fewer twink 49s than war hero 50s, on my server at least. OP, once again, is whining about gear gap. Yet, there is a gear gap in 50 pvp. This, by his logic (Gear gap implies destroys the game), 50 pvp is destroying the game.

Important statement C is another fallacy. Having good gear is not the same as twinking. He's only a hypocrit if he has a twinked character and leaves warzones early so his gear doesn't get comparatively worse through leveling.

I see no real difference between leaving a game to not outdate your gear and BiS'ing war hero. Both are: Not exploiting the game, creating an advantage for you non-skillfully, and both are, according to the OP, destroying the game.

OP can whine about twinking, I think gear in general is lame. But if he whines about twinking given his logic, he must also whine about war hero gap. Of course once 1.6 comes out I will be extremely happy.

You can't compare subjective performance (Such as winning or solo'ing more players), since this takes in RNG for dmg roles, and skill itself. I think it's been established that the amount of skill present in the 10-49 bracket is "abysmal" as another poster said it.

Since we are talking about the gear gap and twinking here then we shouldn't take into account anecdotal evidence such as being able to solo. I've solo'd two people before, too on my Lv 37 LolVengeance Jugg in around full blues. LET'S NERF ALL GEAR AMIRITE?

Who's talking about nerfing gear?

Only cause it never gets old...

Fatman server presents, real pvpers of genius.

'real pvpers of geniuuuus'

Today we salute you, mister really really really low level noob pwner.

'mister really really really low level noob pwner!'

Fully organized, you sit at the top level of your bracket and crush people who are still trying to decide which AC to take.

'don't pick commando'

You brag about your kills like a bunch of frat buddies who just got a cheerleader to come to your party, a cheerleader named Darthselenagomez.

'I swear I thought she was level 19, officer!'

You ripped expertise mods from enough weapons to fill every piece of gear, because no advantage is too great when you're facing someone who bought the game yesterday.

'who's the tough guy now?'

But wait, after level 49 it is over- the level 50 nooblets proclaim. Not to worry. You've found a way to beat the system by ducking out of the match like some kind of Houdini at the last moment.

'stick it to the maaaaaan!'

So crack open an ice cold shockfrozen water mister noob slayer, because your dedication to maximizing yourself against players who can't tell a guardian from a sage is why you put the win, in twink.

'mister really really really low level noob pwner....'

Only cause it never gets old...

Fatman server presents, real pvpers of genius.

'real pvpers of geniuuuus'

Today we salute you, mister really really really low level noob pwner.

'mister really really really low level noob pwner!'

Fully organized, you sit at the top level of your bracket and crush people who are still trying to decide which AC to take.

'don't pick commando'

You brag about your kills like a bunch of frat buddies who just got a cheerleader to come to your party, a cheerleader named Darthselenagomez.

'I swear I thought she was level 19, officer!'

You ripped expertise mods from enough weapons to fill every piece of gear, because no advantage is too great when you're facing someone who bought the game yesterday.

'who's the tough guy now?'

But wait, after level 49 it is over- the level 50 nooblets proclaim. Not to worry. You've found a way to beat the system by ducking out of the match like some kind of Houdini at the last moment.

'stick it to the maaaaaan!'

So crack open an ice cold shockfrozen water mister noob slayer, because your dedication to maximizing yourself against players who can't tell a guardian from a sage is why you put the win, in twink.

'mister really really really low level noob pwner....'

so much win in a single post you sir deserve and award+oscar+nobel

Twinks in ANY game..ANY,are bad, usualy its about unskilled backpadeling clickers that fail hard at real pvp(top lvl) and to fulfill their egos in a "false" way they go "pwn(no rweeally lol)" in their twinks...when twinking requires basicaly zero skill, since you are completely overpowered comapred to the other players..making it way to easy to play to the poin that my cat could do it and still succceed...

twinks= real pvp fails

/thread

(sorry for my english)

Having a massive gear advantage at level 50- A-OK, part of the game, balanced, competitive, etc.....

Having a moderate gear advantage at level 49 which ironically is still less than the one aug WH have over recruits by a long shot- u r bad, l2p, broken, whine whine whine QQ

Newsflash- there's people who don't like gear grinds and don't have time to do them. I know, biggest shocker in the world. My level 25 sniper who is in greens just topped the damage of a WZ, getting 190k while the next had 130k- if I took someone in greens into level 50 pvp I'd die before I left the rez doors. I had a marauder match at level 38 just before, got 53 kills while the next person had 38- I did a third of my team's total damage.

Point is- gear is barely a factor in pre-50 pvp, and good players dominate bad players regardless of gear. Some people realize full well level 50 pvp is gear centric, has a considerably smaller TTK where you'll probably be CCed for most of it- and most importantly, almost every single thread about level 50 pvp on these forums that isn't by a marauder is talking about how much level 50 pvp sucks- not only that, SWTOR's endgame pvp is so bad it's considered the joke of the mmo community.

Sounds like you're just mad you're stuck at 50 hating pvp while other people are having fun pre-50.

You are completely wrong. A level 49 in full level 50 mods and augmented has around 16-17k morale where characters with moderate gear have 11-13k, and they can hit for upwards of 3-5k on a regular basis. Now in the under bracket, that's a quarter of someone's health. Gear plays a gigantic role in the sub 50 bracket, stop spreading false information.

I twinked myself on my assassin for a day or two for fun before getting owned again in the 50 bracket, I was hitting people for 3k and 2k chain shocks, mauls for 4500, and I even hit a sage for 5700 in a Civil War.

Edited by Devilk