Star Wars Parahmuans

djinnerman

So I just watched Splice last night. For those of you who don't know, it is a sci-fi movie consisting of two protoganists who successfully created a human-animal hybrid. Now we all know that stem-cell research has taken this particular and indirect route but I wonder if the Star Wars saga took it.

Many many (and I mean many...did I say many?) races have multiple similarities that are of humans. This is usually so up to all but the heads. Skin pigmentation and the head are that much different.

What do you guys think. Is this really a big picture of parahuman production?

--evolution, in my opinion.

Since the there are so many humaniod-looking races, I always assumed that more-- excuse this word-- primitive life forms, such as those akin to our reptiles and mammals (certain races do resemble lizards or other reptiles, just as others may represent one of our own mammals) simply evolved into bipedal species through natural selection since having the use of two arms and opposable thumbs naturally gives one the competitive edge. There also must be more evolution to be done. I'm on a Darwin-binge at the moment, so pardon.

In any case, you do bring up a valid point.

In the crew skills there is somethin about bio chem so I say it is involved in the Star Wars universe :ph_agree:

Nowhere do I see anything about biochem that has anything to do with what we are discussing here. The biochemical science we see in the codexes explain the contents of the scientific injections that affect neurological stimulation and health regenerations.

--evolution, in my opinion.

Since the there are so many humaniod-looking races, I always assumed that more-- excuse this word-- primitive life forms, such as those akin to our reptiles and mammals (certain races do resemble lizards or other reptiles, just as others may represent one of our own mammals) simply evolved into bipedal species through natural selection since having the use of two arms and opposable thumbs naturally gives one the competitive edge. There also must be more evolution to be done. I'm on a Darwin-binge at the moment, so pardon.

In any case, you do bring up a valid point.

The bi-pedal state has left a wondering idea of our indication of humanlike species, but the probability of species living on Earth that are bi-pedal are not as common, let alone humans. Birds, primates, and kangaroos, are yet those of the animal kingdom that are left in the bi-pedal stage.

However, the formation of **** sapiens is left with a wondering question. I am not saying I believe or agree with Darwinism, but I am just conducting science fiction theories.

There are a lot of near-humans in Star Wars. Many of them are human, but adapted to a particular world or environment.

Miralans, for instance, are human. Miraluka might be, I haven't checked the lore on them.

Chiss are near-human, but are not actually human.

There's at least one race of plant creatures that appear to be human, but are decidedly inhuman.

I'm sure someone, somewhere, got the idea of making a chimerical race of humans, mixed with animal genes. This is Star Wars, the galaxy is big enough for that to have happened. However, it appears to be nearly nonexistant in the source material.

Nice point there.

I wonder if it had to do with resource wise back in the production of the Star Wars series. Essentially, the production of the Star Wars races were limited to certain aspects of production such as make-up, costumes, etc. I wonder that the limitation in this area caused a restricted point in making different races well, just that different!

Also, how can other races man ships? Do you ever remember the part in The New Hope where Luke was out to destroy the Death Star? Not once did I see a non-human fly a ship. The only time I remember aliens flying ships was when The Phantom Menace was out, but that was because of the technology they had at the time.

So perhaps that the technology advancement was a roadblock in the 4-6 episodes and maybe the outlook in alien races were slightly different.

Maybe this makes a new look on Star Wars races in general.

Btw, I wonder what Jawas and Ewoks came from lol.