Low fps, gpu or cpu related?

Heppuli

Also my PSU is only 300 w, would that make a difference in performance?

It would, but it also creates a situation where you are causing damage to the components inside your computer.

If you decide to upgrade your PSU, you need to check and see, starting with your motherboard and case, IF they will even support an upgraded PSU, otherwise you are going to be building a new rig.

Also my PSU is only 300 w, would that make a difference in performance?

I would say upgrade to at least a 550W, I'm gonna be using a 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD7850, and that recommends about 400-500w just for the card, so got a 650w to cover that and the what ever else runs in the system, looking at your specs

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processer 3.8 Ghz

8 GB RAM

Windows 8

MSI HD Radeon 7750 2 GB

I'd say having that low of a PSU would start to take its toll on the rest of your parts and effect them, always better to go over on power than under

Edited by dacentabaal

OP, your cpu will overclock past 4ghz and be more useful when using this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099 You will see more improvement by doing this.

Your video card is a bit dated but it should be fine as long as you turned off shadows, bloom, and aliasing, experiment with the other graphic settings.

Also, download and install this important direct x update that most people miss. It made a difference for me. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Your 8 gigs of ddr2 is fine.

Edited by Dropadeuce

I would say upgrade to at least a 550W, I'm gonna be using a 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD7850, and that recommends about 400-500w just for the card, so got a 650w to cover that and the what ever else runs in the system, looking at your specs

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processer 3.8 Ghz

8 GB RAM

Windows 8

MSI HD Radeon 7750 2 GB

I'd say having that low of a PSU would start to take its toll on the rest of your parts and effect them, always better to go over on power than under

My computer did come like this so wouldn't that mean it isn't getting damaged?

I will upgrade it if I can, but all these specs came as is.

Wow 3 pages of noob answers.

It is most likely a hardrive issue. The game is trying to load textures and your HDD can't get them out fast enough.

A $130 500 GB velociraptor or an ssd would fix this issue for you, or since you have 8. GB of ram you could also make a ramdrive.

But yes your system is showing its age a bit. Upgrading your GPU would be a decent idea, but don't waste your time on any of your main components besides the HDD, a new build would be a much better investment.

Wow 3 pages of noob answers.

It is most likely a hardrive issue. The game is trying to load textures and your HDD can't get them out fast enough.

A $130 500 GB velociraptor or an ssd would fix this issue for you, or since you have 8. GB of ram you could also make a ramdrive.

But yes your system is showing its age a bit. Upgrading your GPU would be a decent idea, but don't waste your time on any of your main components besides the HDD, a new build would be a much better investment.

You realize that a HDD has no effect on framerates; it only effects to load screen times. All the HDD does is store the information for the CPU to access. The CPU handles all of the changes on screen, with the GPU rendering images.

OP, there is a patch that is enabled on your CPU called a TLB Patch/fix. It was set in place in order to limit the CPU processing speed by about 40%. This effects Phenom I / II processors. You can disable it in the bios or download a program to do it for you.

You realize you have no idea what you are doing right? This game is a pig, why do you think the Ram drives work for fixing this game.

I happen to do some testing of hardware, so I tried this game on a AMD 955 at stock clocks and a 4890 st 925/1050, with shadows on low and a 7200 RPM Blue drive, I got lag, hotswapped in a SSD, lag is gone. The lag went from 45-60 fps down to the 20's and guess what, it was the game waiting to load textures.

Op there is your answer. Again like I said, 3 pages of noob answers.

Loved the Ram one, also loved the guy who assumed op's CPU would do 4.0, more likely the ceiling was 3.8

You realize that a HDD has no effect on framerates; it only effects to load screen times. All the HDD does is store the information for the CPU to access. The CPU handles all of the changes on screen, with the GPU rendering images.

OP, there is a patch that is enabled on your CPU called a TLB Patch/fix. It was set in place in order to limit the CPU processing speed by about 40%. This effects Phenom I / II processors. You can disable it in the bios or download a program to do it for you.

Use SWTOR Unleashed. It works wonders for fleet.

I found that the problem with stuttering is caused by loading in game FX on the fly when they should be in RAM for best performance. This can only be acheived with SWTOR:Unleashed.

Try it.

With Unleashed, what would be the best options to check indoor shadows?

I ask cause I get fine fps with the dynamic shadows off but when I turn them on, it drops low while indoors(most places). Just wondering what the best configuration might be because there are a lot of options and obviously I'm restricted to what free space my RAM has.

Also, I'm an idiot and I did not mean HDD but SDD.

Edited by EnemyEntity
Additional info