Has anybody else noticed?

Sarfux

What is going on recently? Why are all these people I have NEVER seen before on the forums, suddenly posting? They have no avatars, have ridiculous names, they increasingly bash the game, say things that are against it and have 2 or 3 posts that they just joined recently and don't even give constructive criticism?

What is that all about? Is it people abusing the referral program and coming on for that free time just to bash the game cause it makes them feel good? Or people that sub JUST to dislike it and want to see it fall? I can't be the only one that sees this. What is going on as of late? Lots of bashers, doubters, haters etc. on here recently. Somebody have any idea?

I know usually new people on the forums meaning people are coming to the game or came back but those aren't the people I'm talking about. I'm talking about the ridiculous named, no avatar, blatantly obvious people who just joined or those who have 3 or 4 posts just bashing the game.

What's up?

Edited by Sarfux

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably new players and resubs because of the 30 days extra deal they had in late nov/early dec. (I'm one of these resubs).

Also, just checking the forums again I have to say about half of these hateful and rude posts are coming from the so called "defenders" of the game. You're just making your own forums more toxic. Just cause new people are popping in and starting silly threads that may or may not have been posted before doesn't give you free license to insult people and drag down every thread that merely *hints* at the suggestion this game could be improved in some aspect or another. Seriously, calm down and at least respond constructively.

Edited by Blackholeskipper

What is going on recently? Why are all these people I have NEVER seen before on the forums, suddenly posting? They have no avatars, have ridiculous names, they increasingly bash the game, say things that are against it and have 2 or 3 posts that they just joined recently and don't even give constructive criticism?

...?

How dare those customers who are not part of the Special Snowflake Forum Clique post?

Who do they think they are?

And to disagree with the Clique?

They don't even have a sig, or have their text colored to be special.

How dare they!

How dare those customers who are not part of the Special Snowflake Forum Clique post?

How dare they!

I have to say there's a lot of truth in this. It seems the veteran posters on this forum will actively go out of their way to put down new posters and ridicule their ideas even if they may have some merit. Some of these vets respond constructively but many of them just troll these threads. If you look at some of the longer threads, something like up to half of all posts on the thread can come from one of these veteran posters. And most of these posts will be nothing more than insults and name calling.

To me, this is is trolling and forum moderators should put down the boot unless they want to cater to these cliques instead of the rest of the player base.

And really, these users post a lot of insulting stuff. And they post so frequently that in the last two weeks I've already come to know something like 10 of them by name.

I have to say there's a lot of truth in this. It seems the veteran posters on this forum will actively go out of their way to put down new posters and ridicule their ideas even if they may have some merit. Some of these vets respond constructively but many of them just troll these threads. If you at some of the longer threads, something like up to half of all posts on the thread can come from one of these veteran posters. And most of these posts will be nothing more than insults and name calling.

To me, this is is trolling and forum moderators should put down the boot unless they want to cater to these cliques instead of the rest of the player base.

And really, these users post a lot of insulting stuff. And they post so frequently that in last two weeks I've already come to know something like 10 of them by name.

I agree and it was one of the contributing factors for my leaving the first time. Now I have a much, much, longer ignore list, some haters, but mostly the "BioDrones" :D

Makes viewing the forums much less depressing and the threads are often really really short now :rak_03:

Edited by Erasimus

Those poor poor posters, bullied by mean old cliques.
So you're aware you're one of these clique members that rarely has anything to contribute to a thread but will continue to post in it until people lose interest and the thread dies? And why wouldn't they lose interest, by then these threads have devolved into name-calling and the pointless trading of insults.

So you're aware you're one of these clique members that rarely has anything to contribute to a thread but will continue to post in it until people lose interest and the thread dies? And why wouldn't they lose interest, by then these threads have devolved into name-calling and the pointless trading of insults.

Could you be kind enough to tell me if I'm more of a cat owner or dog owner?

Or whether I prefer Thai food over Mexican?

What other insights into my personality do you have?

I knew a thread like this would come up. Its funny cos the defenders aren't used to seeing so much criticism about the game as most of the time theyre all fine and dandy talking about how much they love the game and scaring off people who say anything bad about it. Then they get so confused when they see threads WHERE DID THESE PEOPLE COME FROM etc...

This is an internet forum after all...people criticise the game...deal with it.

I knew a thread like this would come up. Its funny cos the defenders aren't used to seeing so much criticism about the game as most of the time theyre all fine and dandy talking about how much they love the game and scaring off people who say anything bad about it. Then they get so confused when they see threads WHERE DID THESE PEOPLE COME FROM etc...

LOL we're not used to seeing criticism about the game.....oh god....

Says a person with account ID over 11 million, who will be gone in a very short time, only to be replaced with another avatar of one or two persons who trolled these forums...

LOL we're not used to seeing criticism about the game.....oh god....

Clearly this needs to become mmorpg2.com - where the cool thing is to bash anything SWTOR. ;)

I guess the daily "This game sucks! SWG was so much better!" threads don't count as criticism - nor do the "OMG! This game is coded so badly that my computer is going to blow up!".

How dare they!

I'm not talking about new players that recently joined the game. That's fine if nobody has an avatar. IDC. You are missing my point. I'm talking about the blatantly obvious ones that have 2 or 3 posts hating on the game, not giving any criticism, have no avatar and appear to be here just to hate. I've noticed a lot more of that this past month or so.

Criticism is fine and it being constructive, I welcome it. But there is a difference between people coming JUST to hate the game, or new people that don't have an avatar. I'm not saying everybody has to have an avatar to be taken seriously. That's ridiculous.

Edited by Sarfux

Could you be kind enough to tell me if I'm more of a cat owner or dog owner?

Or whether I prefer Thai food over Mexican?

What other insights into my personality do you have?

You're right, I know nothing about you, which is why I was referring to the way you post. Your posts tend to clog up thread discussions and often come close to insulting people. Though I admit I may sometimes confuse your posts with those of OddballEasyEight and Reno_Tarshil since you use the same display picture and post pretty much the same things. It's hard to tell sometimes if you don't look at sig.

Alright. Let's not let this get to personal attacks now. Let's keep it on subject here. No need to derail just to prove something to others. :)

I'm merely pointing out that you veteran posters calling out others for being hateful and disruptive to the forums is kinda ridiculous when many of the hateful and unconstructive posts are coming from your so-called "clique." Having said that, I guess it does depend on the poster. Your posts have been polite and courteous as far as I know so I'm not saying this applies to every veteran poster.

But it's frustrating for people who don't frequent the forums as often to come here and see you guys act like you're running the show and moan about how people are constantly whining and "attacking" the game. Sure, people start a ton of troll threads but that doesn't give you the right to bring down every thread where people aren't a 100% happy. It's an MMO and it should have a big community befitting one, not one dominated by a few prolific posters who think they know best.

Look at it from the other end; Why is the game so utterly hateable to so many people - to the point those posts seem to be so dominant on the forums?

I don't think people sub just to come on here and complain. My bet is that they sub in anticipation of enjoying the game but get jaded somehow and end up here complaining before they leave. The recent increase of these posts are probably people who came back to test-run GS and didn't find it to their liking.

I don't think the players should be concerned about this; this is something EA/BW should be looking at to try and figure out what they did to drive these people to rage quit.

Look at it from the other end; Why is the game so utterly hateable to so many people - to the point those posts seem to be so dominant on the forums?

I don't think people sub just to come on here and complain. My bet is that they sub in anticipation of enjoying the game but get jaded somehow and end up here complaining before they leave. The recent increase of these posts are probably people who came back to test-run GS and didn't find it to their liking.

I don't think the players should be concerned about this; this is something EA/BW should be looking at to try and figure out what they did to drive these people to rage quit.

This... makes a lot of sense. Very good post.

But it's frustrating for people who don't frequent the forums as often to come here and see you guys act like you're running the show and moan about how people are constantly whining and "attacking" the game. Sure, people start a ton of troll threads but that doesn't give you the right to bring down every thread where people aren't a 100% happy. It's an MMO and it should have a big community befitting one, not one dominated by a few prolific posters who think they know best.

This is something I think BW/EA needs to come down on. One of these self-appointed forum bosses is conspicuously missing as of late, however I'm sure they will be back soon doing business-as-usual after paying their penance.