Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Apparently, the KOTFE is best through by the types that are suitable for the Commander - Warrior and JK. Of course, you can come up with a story for the Trooper, for example, that he was "sent to play the role of Commander in front of the enemies", so as to divert attention from the real Commander, or something like that.

hmm I struggle to udnerstand the whole nothing but force users thing in regards to KotFE. so If you completely ignore the entirety of chapter 12 with Satele and Marr, could anyone describe why it is so strange to have a non-force user as the Commander, and Outlander. Serious question, I only ever directly hear explanations of "Arcann final fight" (one fight) or "chapter 12". I am wondering if there is more.

hmm I struggle to udnerstand the whole nothing but force users thing in regards to KotFE. so If you completely ignore the entirety of chapter 12 with Satele and Marr, could anyone describe why it is so strange to have a non-force user as the Commander, and Outlander. Serious question, I only ever directly hear explanations of "Arcann final fight" (one fight) or "chapter 12". I am wondering if there is more.

Well the lack of force abilities against force users should be an instant death sentence, especially against Arcann & Vaylin.

Other than maybe the agent would the other three be able to mentally defend themselves against Valkorian?

Well the lack of force abilities against force users should be an instant death sentence, especially against Arcann & Vaylin.

Other than maybe the agent would the other three be able to mentally defend themselves against Valkorian?

so nothing specific just "they don't have the force so shouldn't be able to go up against force users."? Also they have Valky with all of those fights, which would be an Odds are in their favour thing, he may not have control over their mind at a whim but he can still do stuff. I know cut content from chapter 12 had non-force users become force sensitive but it was removed, maybe it should have stayed in, lol.

And smuggler cannot be mind manipulated, both a jedi and a sith try and do that and fail. All the player classes are exceptional strong mentally/strong minded. So they can all face up with Valky in their mind without it being a stretch. It's that special protagonist ability that is actually pointed out in some class stories instead of it being sudden. :D

so nothing specific just "they don't have the force so shouldn't be able to go up against force users."? Also they have Valky with all of those fights, which would be an Odds are in their favour thing, he may not have control over their mind at a whim but he can still do stuff. I know cut content from chapter 12 had non-force users become force sensitive but it was removed, maybe it should have stayed in, lol.

And smuggler cannot be mind manipulated, both a jedi and a sith try and do that and fail. All the player classes are exceptional strong mentally/strong minded. So they can all face up with Valky in their mind without it being a stretch. It's that special protagonist ability that is actually pointed out in some class stories instead of it being sudden. :D

meh I don't know, either way, I won't be running it on any non force users.

meh I don't know, either way, I won't be running it on any non force users.

I was just curious as I never get any actual explanation. That's all, no matter I'll continue getting none even when I specifically ask lmao.

I've ran it on an agent, Inquisitor, Warrior and smuggler so far, smuggler and Agent felt, outside of chapter 12, funny at times, but not out of place. Agent was awesome in my opinion, so much extra dialogue with an agent. But I will agree my SW felt the best due to her personal history, being far greater and deeper then a JK's, with Vitiate/Valkorion. But that wasn't to do with Force, just with the Emperor and his Wrath. SoR and Ziost really hit home runs in that regard with conversations between Wrath and Emperor etc, and KotFE was an awesome continuation from them for a SW.

But as I said, Agent played great in my opinion. Which is why I'm taking another one through for Arcann xD

This. So I just laughed at the smuggler's fight with Arcann. It's silly to even imagine such a duel. But by the will of the script, the smuggler won. (facepalm)

The 12th chapter is as stupid as the non-forceuser fight with Arсann. Marr lectures on the Force (why ?!), PC creeps through the forest, defeats the illusion of Vaylin in the cave and creates a "super weapon", which is absolutely not necessary (I sold it).

I went KOTFE as a smuggler and I must say that it was not just stupid, it was ridiculous. It was an Indian film in which the "poor guy" scattered a bunch of enemies with one blow.:(

Very interestingly written! Actually, for forceusers, there are no special problems in the justification of romance with Arcann. But what do non-forceusers do? I can not think of a reason why Arсann paid any attention to the miserable smuggler.

Smuggler looks like in the KOTFE, like a saddle on a cow.:D

Well, I despise Corso so that's out of the picture so quick but there's Koth and Theron which I felt interesting for a non-force user pairing.

I don't mind Arcann not really fit everyone which is fine (since I already feel that way for most of my toons). I would feel weird out as well.

But I don't mind that some characters doesn't really fit the story well. As far as non-magic character goes, I still preferred to play Infiltrator Shepard in the trilogy and Rogue Hawke in Dragon Age 2. None of the non-FU stories really have the same equivalence or impact.... I just have a bias for preferring to play a Sith in SWTOR.

Edited by revkashepard

The redeemed Arcann strikes me very much as a momma's boy. This is not a critique but this is what his personality resembles to me. I think this is a positive development that he will be another male romance option for females (presumably both sexes). Female characters mostly do not get good male romance options (traitors, walking STDs, the like) and have far less to choose from than male characters. I am satisfied with this development as redeemed Arcann seems a wholesome male LI (and you get a cool mother-in-law)!

The redeemed Arcann strikes me very much as a momma's boy. This is not a critique but this is what his personality resembles to me. I think this is a positive development that he will be another male romance option for females (presumably both sexes). Female characters mostly do not get good male romance options (traitors, walking STDs, the like) and have far less to choose from than male characters. I am satisfied with this development as redeemed Arcann seems a wholesome male LI (and you get a cool mother-in-law)!

I find their relationship somewhat mirrored Leia and Ben, but its sad that we could never see more of that dynamic on-screen. Senya's children suffered under their father and Valkorion does somewhat represent toxic masculinity; expecting all of his children to be as ruthless and vicious and corrupted as he is.

Its still amazing that despite decades of separation, Arcann never bore resentment over his mother and gravitate to her for love while Vaylin actively trying to escape that. Wish Bioware could show more about the conversation they had about Thexan and also about you as the Outlander.

And yes, I'm not interested in most of for-hetfemale romances in this game. Het-Male players still have more options and variety of personality, but instead all of female options are non-force users rogueish or vigilante-ish or military character. I do romance such characters but its still so limited especially when the available option doesn't match my character's personalities...

Arcann will be a bisexual option and I like that he will be the first male Knight in Shining Armor romance for gaymers (there's many who wanted Alistair and Cullen to be bi). And I've converted other Bioware players to join in SWTOR just because of Arcann.. mwhaha

Edited by revkashepard

Late to the party, wall of text incoming.

I was just curious as I never get any actual explanation. That's all, no matter I'll continue getting none even when I specifically ask lmao.

I guess it is all comes to personal preference.

I do agree that some classes fit the story better - funny thing that it is Force Users. JK, Consular and SW all have some connection to Vitiate and SI is an ideal host for Emperor IMO.

But others? Not so much.

For example, I can believe that Smuggler can decide to stick around Alliance even if they always have been a free spirit for me. But wanting the responsibility of leadership? Being COMMITTED? Ewwww. And why anyone in their right mind was thinking that they can do it? Lana wanted a puppet king or something?

Funny thing, I never had any problems with Agent, BH, Trooper or Smuggler taking on Force Users – it have happened in source material and in game.

But! They done so by being smart and crazy prepared. By having years of training and combat experience. By being unpredictable and seizing every advantage they can. By exploiting every weakness of opponent (like arrogance) and shooting a lot (and first). Or by blackmail.

I do dislike that this smart and cunning fighter walk strait to Arcann (someone who can toss them around like a ragdoll) and bash his face with a shield some Knight dropped. Why they are so eager to “dance with lightsaber”? Yes, Valky have been doing something to Outlander (which IMO ruins the “muggle” taking out the “wizard” awesomeness), but what happened to the personal style every class had? Why Agent, for example, have not exploited Daddy issues and have not managed to at least seed some doubt in Arcann's mind?

It is jarring for me – it is like Sorcerer or Consular forgetting that they have the Force and fighting with Bounty Hunter armor and weapons. Will they even know how to use all that gear? Will they even know what the trigger is?

And do not get me started on ALL Outlanders being the one and the only possible candidate to lead the Alliance.

Whats next? Trooper discovering that they are an expert on Ancient Sith history? Jedi Knight deciding to become a mercenary? Bounty Hunter learning Jedi shielding techniques? Warrior picking up a sniper rifle? Agent... well give that one an hour and you will think that they are a Knight of Zakuul. Give them two and you will think they are Thexan :p. But you get an idea, I hope.

P.S. If anyone got this far, thank you. If anyone understood something - have a cookie :).

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Late to the party, wall of text incoming.

-snip- But you get an idea, I hope.

P.S. If anyone got this far, thank you. If anyone understood something - have a cookie :).

yup, thanks for the reply! good read . people will never agree/interpret things the same way in the story, that's why I ask with no wish to argue it, just to listen to another point of view :D

A lot of the chapters also didn't make sense for all classes but I understood they needed bits for both types of classes. My smuggler ended her story as independent ruler of the underworld and pirate queen so leadership wasn't an issue and the creds she could get from the Alliance she enjoyed. To be honest I didn't nit pick every second with anything except my sith warrior, maybe why I could enjoy the other classes too, aside from BH that one I think would be out of place for me, if any class is.

Makeb didn't have much class specific either, pretty sad to be honest, but SoR I loooved, I miss the way they wrote that part.

*takes off with cookie*

The special weapon from ch 12 was to be viewed as a solely story only meaning, not gameplay. So with me being a huge story player I used that weapon on every character as they go through the story content and replace it for anything not story-line. Because if bad for gameplay, it had a deep meaning for the story. Poor Arcann gets stung a bit with it (story), and I completely ignore the gameplay only mechanic of the shield, that was simply boss fight mechanics.

Edited by Asmodesu

Hmmm. Funny, my character I've actually managed to level has been the bounty hunter (Told you it wasn't the class I expected :D). The more I play and the more I research KotFE and KotET the more I feel that it does fit :) Some others touched on some of the reasons why further up ^. Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

yup, thanks for the reply! good read . people will never agree/interpret things the same way in the story, that's why I ask with no wish to argue it, just to listen to another point of view :D

Same here. I often incorporate the ideas into my playthrougths :).

To be honest I didn't nit pick every second with anything...

And I have not even started on that :p. Analyzing too much and overthinking is the bane of my existence -_-...

A lot of the chapters also didn't make sense for all classes but I understood they needed bits for both types of classes. My smuggler ended her story as independent ruler of the underworld and pirate queen so leadership wasn't an issue and the creds she could get from the Alliance she enjoyed.

If it works for your character, it is awesome :). Maybe I will go for Independent ending if I will ever level a Smuggler again. Calculating, cunning... Hmmm.

My Agent is up to Makeb <3 watch out, Arcann!

Arcann will not know what hit him :p. Sniper or Operative?

Agent is an interesting one. I think that from the story perspective they are most versatile and adaptive out of all classes. They can fill any role, just give them an hour ^^.

Hmmm. Funny, my character I've actually managed to level has been the bounty hunter (Told you it wasn't the class I expected :D). The more I play and the more I research KotFE and KotET the more I feel that it does fit :) Some others touched on some of the reasons why further up ^.

Duuuusk! Have you finished DK yet? ;) Or you abandoned SW for now?

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Duuuusk! Have you finished DK yet? ;) Or you abandoned SW for now?

Dk? Dromund Kaas? I have abandoned my SW playthrough for the moment :o but I've almost finished Dromund Kaas on my Bounty Hunter - Does a little dance - That includes trying to get all achievements that I can and recording with Fraps. Have to pause after my hunter gets his ship, raw footage from Fraps takes up some serious space :eek: Need to encode(?) vids to make them smaller before he goes to next planet :)

Dk? Dromund Kaas? I have abandoned my SW playthrough for the moment :o but I've almost finished Dromund Kaas on my Bounty Hunter - Does a little dance - That includes trying to get all achievements that I can and recording with Fraps. Have to pause after my hunter gets his ship, raw footage from Fraps takes up some serious space :eek: Need to encode(?) vids to make them smaller before he goes to next planet :)

fraps really does. I am recording each class story once in prep for stills-pics and so I can relive the story cutscenes any time. Also for the eventual closing of this game no matter how far away xD

I use ulead video to render the files to a smaller file size without losing quality <3

Hope you stumble upon a class to stick with a bit more one day!

fraps really does. I am recording each class story once in prep for stills-pics and so I can relive the story cutscenes any time. Also for the eventual closing of this game no matter how far away xD

I use ulead video to render the files to a smaller file size without losing quality <3

Hope you stumble upon a class to stick with a bit more one day!

Think I might have already found it :) I'm really liking playing the Powertech bounty hunter, story and gameplay.

Hey-hey :).

Wait, first planet? I know what will go wrong next time for Arcann... Outlander will just not show up.

*Jakob Taylor voice* "Getting a Sith Warrior up to date in a week is a heavy work, but the priiiiize!"

Welcome back ^^.

I have 11 days left and probably will not renew it. But hey, at least our PC will be out with a bang ;).

Edit: by the way, why Republic, if you do not mind me asking?

You are an optimist :)

Considering that Eternal Fleet is OP, we will loose it or devs will give the opposing faction another superweapon that will even the odds.

Imagine if SCORPIO have a backup save in Gemini Prime and will come online to steal the Fleet AGAIN, so Alliance will have to destroy all Gemini units and it will turn Fleet into the useless junk.

And Theron is looking for superweapon, so he will probably "loose it" or simply will give it away to enemies of Alliance. Becouse reasons and Revan genetics.

Or how about traitor being Lana or Theron - depending on the faction you oppose?

Whatever future holds in store for Commander, 90% it will be terrifying and they will need a strong shoulder to cry on :cool:.

-Snorts- A distinct possiability :o:D

Oh no :( You and Asmodesu might be going... I know we're all mostly Solo players, still it's nice to know some other awesome people on the forum are playing too, feels a bit like a community -Sad:(-

Always. :) Reality will not take that from me

Edit: Ack my eyes! :rak_03: That's better.

This. So I just laughed at the smuggler's fight with Arcann. It's silly to even imagine such a duel. But by the will of the script, the smuggler won. (facepalm)

The 12th chapter is as stupid as the non-forceuser fight with Arсann. Marr lectures on the Force (why ?!), PC creeps through the forest, defeats the illusion of Vaylin in the cave and creates a "super weapon", which is absolutely not necessary (I sold it).

I went KOTFE as a smuggler and I must say that it was not just stupid, it was ridiculous. It was an Indian film in which the "poor guy" scattered a bunch of enemies with one blow.:(

Why? All PCs have some amount of the force inside them. Your PC is above mere mortal men/aliens in ability and power which means that even though they aren't a jedi or sith, they still have the force.

"Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force. When you learn to quiet your mind, you'll hear them speaking to you."

―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Anakin Skywalker[src]

Midi-chlorians were intelligent microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things. So with that, how does your PC become so powerful without the help of the force?

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Why? All PCs have some amount of the force inside them. Your PC is above mere mortal men/aliens in ability and power which means that even though they aren't a jedi or sith, they still have the force.

"Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force. When you learn to quiet your mind, you'll hear them speaking to you."

―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Anakin Skywalker[src]

Midi-chlorians were intelligent microscopic life forms that lived symbiotically inside the cells of all living things. So with that, how does your PC become so powerful without the help of the force?

The smuggler does not use the Force, so Marr's lectures on the Force are not interesting to him and are not needed. Smuggler would have been more helpful lectures on "dirty blows" and skills of firing weapons.

Because the writers made him unbeaten Mary/Marty Sue.:D

But seriously, for non-force classes there should have been other scenes with fights and a slightly different story.

The smuggler does not use the Force, so Marr's lectures on the Force are not interesting to him and are not needed. Smuggler would have been more helpful lectures on "dirty blows" and skills of firing weapons.

Because the writers made him unbeaten Mary/Marty Sue.:D

But seriously, for non-force classes there should have been other scenes with fights and a slightly different story.

Hmmm, I can't say about dialogue but force sensitives are not the only ones who talk about the force, there are religions/ cultures based around it and not all members are force sensitive. It's a major part of the world whether you can interact with it directly or not :)

I actually like the Arcann fights against non force users :o:D They remind me of the clone wars series, also they show case the difficulty force users have when faced with non traditional opponents (It's very different to fighting an opponent with a melee weapon).

Hmmm, I can't say about dialogue but force sensitives are not the only ones who talk about the force, there are religions/ cultures based around it and not all members are force sensitive. It's a major part of the world whether you can interact with it directly or not :)

I actually like the Arcann fights against non force users :o:D They remind me of the clone wars series, also they show case the difficulty force users have when faced with non traditional opponents (It's very different to fighting an opponent with a melee weapon).

The book Revan has some awesome moments of non-force user vs force user fighting. Forcer Users are not Gods, they can get hit hard by someone agile with a gun. Easier to predict another lightsaber coming at you then it is a blaster-bolt.

Annihilation (Theron main character) does too, as does some of the comics.

Edited by Asmodesu