Optimal Stats for all 24 Disciplines, 5.2 Edition

vicadin

I know I asked this a while ago, but since no one replied I'm asking again. Is there a guide for gearing the new gold augments? I've almost ground the matts I need & I don't want to mess things up -- thanks.

Since the gold augments are pretty much the old purple augments in crit/acc/alacrity, (its only +2 to the stat), get the same ones. The difference between purple and gold is the gold ones also have +power to go with endurance + [Crit/acc/alac]. So in other words, its the same either way.

Now, when the next tier of augments comes out, this might change, but thats still a while off. Im probably just gonna stick with the purples until then anyway.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I asked this a while ago, but since no one replied I'm asking again. Is there a guide for gearing the new gold augments? I've almost ground the matts I need & I don't want to mess things up -- thanks.

You were actually given an answer before, the problem is that you don't understand gearing and stat priority so naturally you wouldn't be able to understand the answer. I guess you are quite a new player so I won't bother explaining the reasoning to you, but for augments you want 3 Accuracy, 5 Alacrity and 6 Critical, if you want to know more, you can start checking up on the stat discussions in the classes subforum and reddit.

In reality tho, this is exactly the setup you should have been using before, just one tier lower.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I know I asked this a while ago, but since no one replied I'm asking again. Is there a guide for gearing the new gold augments? I've almost ground the mats I need & I don't want to mess things up -- thanks.

it's kinda just common sense that you just upgrade what you have, numbers of augs/enh are sane except for tanks which you use 2 crit augs to have 1500 abs/1700shield.

And imo those tank stats are absurd, you don't need that much defense/absorb/shield. you can clear everything with 1500 absorb/1700shield and full 248 lethal mods/high endurance enh. you put rest into crit to do that little bit more dps.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, it's been quite a while but I wanted to spark community discussion a bit while I'm at it.

I've heard a ton of stuff about an "alacrity threshold" and I did some testing, is everyone ACTUALLY SURE it exists? I've seen that it exists only on training dummies but if you try to say, whack at another player with exclusively basic attacks the alacrity threshold doesn't seem to exist at all, and alacrity translates correctly to the GCD.

Curious if anybody has gotten the same result. I tested this a few months ago before I quit for a while and forgot to keep the log, but if you do a simple macro basic attack test in a /duel you should be able to alter the length of the GCD with even very fine amounts of alacrity.

High alacrity (1860) is the way to go for many classes but not all (exceptions being io, lightning, some other classes having passive alacrity boosts from passive) and also it does not replace fight/mechanics awareness. In general, to take advantage of it you need low latency and also be able to play at perfect apm on your class anyways. And also fights with burst windows will generally see a smaller benefit. AND REALLY crit rng is still the biggest factor when it comes to a really good parse be it on dummy or boss. But even for channeled abilities the 1.3gcd helps vs the 1.4 because you are more likely to execute the ability channel say before a mob dies and do damage than at 1.4 - this is important for classes with casts as many times you can be in a situation wherein the process of your last cast a mob dies because someone else killed it while you where doing your last cast or the target vanishes/enters next phase. at it. It is not necessary frequent but it happens.

High alacrity (1860) is the way to go for many classes but not all (exceptions being io, lightning, some other classes having passive alacrity boosts from passive) and also it does not replace fight/mechanics awareness. In general, to take advantage of it you need low latency and also be able to play at perfect apm on your class anyways. And also fights with burst windows will generally see a smaller benefit. AND REALLY crit rng is still the biggest factor when it comes to a really good parse be it on dummy or boss. But even for channeled abilities the 1.3gcd helps vs the 1.4 because you are more likely to execute the ability channel say before a mob dies and do damage than at 1.4 - this is important for classes with casts as many times you can be in a situation wherein the process of your last cast a mob dies because someone else killed it while you where doing your last cast or the target vanishes/enters next phase. at it. It is not necessary frequent but it happens.

Is 1860 the way to go on infiltration shadow? Pretty new to this game and trying to wrap my head around the stat mechanics now that Im filling in t4 stuff. If it is the way to go what stat is sacrificed?

• 1 month later...

TBH, I don't think there needs to be an update. Gearing is actually quite a bit simpler these days...

1. Accuracy as close to 737 as you can get
  2. Alacrity to 703 (for 1.4s GCD) or 1857 (for 1.3s GCD)
  3. Critical to 1900-ish
  4. Mastery for the rest

If you are looking for DPS rankings, your best bet is Parsley as it gives near real-time status. While the simulations are a good tool, I feel actual parses from actual fights are a better way to gauge how you are stacking up to the best players. Plus, a group just proved you could take 4 Sorc DPS into NM so just play what you like.:)

- Vicadin

The general consensus for gearing dps (with the exclusion of certain specs that get alacrity bonuses from their tree) is:

2 Crit Crystals

6 alacrity enhancements, 5 augs

3 critical enhancements, 6 augs

1 accuracy enhancement 3 augs

There's an alternative method which involves 5 Accuracy Augs which brings you to 109.96% accuracy and about 30 extra points in crit, but i'd rather take the 110% accuracy from the 1e + 3a route.

The general consensus for gearing dps (with the exclusion of certain specs that get alacrity bonuses from their tree) is:

2 Crit Crystals

6 alacrity enhancements, 5 augs

3 critical enhancements, 6 augs

1 accuracy enhancement 3 augs

There's an alternative method which involves 5 Accuracy Augs which brings you to 109.96% accuracy and about 30 extra points in crit, but i'd rather take the 110% accuracy from the 1e + 3a route.

So you don't want 495 + 240 for 735 accuracy because it's sub 110%

You'd rather go for 231 + 297 + 240 for 768 accuracy

However you can get closer to 110% with less stats.

You go 462 + 297 for 759 accuracy

It's the old fashioned way that doesn't involve an accuracy stim.

So you don't want 495 + 240 for 735 accuracy because it's sub 110%

You'd rather go for 231 + 297 + 240 for 768 accuracy

However you can get closer to 110% with less stats.

You go 462 + 297 for 759 accuracy

It's the old fashioned way that doesn't involve an accuracy stim.

While this brings you closer to accuracy cap, it's not necessarily more dps. You'll probably need to drop a crit enhancement for the extra accuracy enhancement and you're losing the 99 from stim. So you lose 330 crit to gain 240 mastery and 99 power. I'd say this is probably a dps loss because crit is generally valued higher than power and mastery due to the amounts of power/mastery we already have and the fact that crit works multiplicatively.

Now I haven't done the exact math on it (but seeing as it was already possible to reach the cap with 2 enhancements and 3 augments with 228 augments and this model apparently thought it was better to go the accuracy stim way, I'm gonna assume that still holds, because the new augments really change nothing in this regard).

Edited by AdjeYo

While this brings you closer to accuracy cap, it's not necessarily more dps. You'll probably need to drop a crit enhancement for the extra accuracy enhancement and you're losing the 99 from stim. So you lose 330 crit to gain 240 mastery and 99 power. I'd say this is probably a dps loss because crit is generally valued higher than power and mastery due to the amounts of power/mastery we already have and the fact that crit works multiplicatively.

Now I haven't done the exact math on it (but seeing as it was already possible to reach the cap with 2 enhancements and 3 augments with 228 augments and this model apparently thought it was better to go the accuracy stim way, I'm gonna assume that still holds, because the new augments really change nothing in this regard).

Exactly, i'm in the process of crunching the numbers now, but the only reason i mention the 5 augments alternative is because it's a way of almost reaching the accuracy cap that wasn't viable with 228 augments. That being said, you really can't reach the second alacrity threshold without full 248 enhancements so ymmv.

Edit:

So after crunching the numbers, comparing the two

231 + 297 + 240 for 768 accuracy build nets you:

41.57% Crit %

79.57% Crit Multiplier

2513.68 Bonus Damage

462 + 297 accuracy build nets you:

39.29% Crit %

77.04% Crit Multiplier

2584.45 Bonus Damage

While they're close, i'd still prefer the extra crit multiplier... especially for classes with guaranteed crit procs.

Edit Edit:

Thinking about a real life example, sorc dps would be a prime example of why i'd take the top option over the bottom... Recklessness will take the top build above 100% crit chance, guaranteeing the crit; whereas the bottom build would bring you just shy of 100% (which is the same reason i discredit the 5 accuracy augment build)

Edited by krosswong
Clarification

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
TBH, I don't think there needs to be an update. Gearing is actually quite a bit simpler these days...

1. Accuracy as close to 737 as you can get
  2. Alacrity to 703 (for 1.4s GCD) or 1857 (for 1.3s GCD)
  3. Critical to 1900-ish
  4. Mastery for the rest

If you are looking for DPS rankings, your best bet is Parsley as it gives near real-time status. While the simulations are a good tool, I feel actual parses from actual fights are a better way to gauge how you are stacking up to the best players. Plus, a group just proved you could take 4 Sorc DPS into NM so just play what you like.:)

- Vicadin

The optimal stats don't take into account the GCD thresholds it seems...Does anyone know if it's better to push towards the GCD thresholds or not? For example, it has like 1500ish alacrity for carnage marauder, but I'm not sure if it's worth raising or lowering alacrity instead.

Edited by Ylich

The optimal stats don't take into account the GCD thresholds it seems...Does anyone know if it's better to push towards the GCD thresholds or not? For example, it has like 1500ish alacrity for carnage marauder, but I'm not sure if it's worth raising or lowering alacrity instead.

This guide is from 5.2 it’s extremely out dated. You should look else where for info about stats. But yes it is wanted to grind toward high alacrity on all but classes that have passive alacrity (arsenal carnage and lightning)