Scoundrel vs Commando Heals.

DarthTassi

I'm having a little trouble deciding on a healing toon. I like to pvp, but also want to do pve content at higher levels. I've narrowed my choice down to either Scoundrel or Commando heals but I'm not sure which one I'd prefer.

I'm not asking anyone to pick my class for me - I know I'm the only one who is going to know which is best for me, but I would like some insight from other players as to your own experiences with each of these advanced classes. Which, in your opinion, is the more versatile class? Is one more useful than the other in certain situations? How is pvp at the higher levels on each one (I've heard some stories of the scoundrel/operative types being a bit useless once you hit the 50 bracket)? What are the benefits/disadvantages of each in your opinion? And are they both viable as pve healers (flashpoints, operations and group quests) as you go further through the game and levels?

I've played each one up to around the 20 mark, but I still can't seem to decide. I like the style of the scoundrel and the fact that it can stealth and melee, but I also like the feel of the commando. I'd prefer to pick one to focus on though rather than leveling them both; which is why I'm asking for other people's thoughts on the two.

I was finding at lower levels that the commando's resource system was a little restrictive and ran out easy if I wasn't watching carefully - does this get better at higher levels? I didn't notice the same problem on my scoundrel though once I got that ability that improves your regen for a short period (I can't remember the name - it worked of a buff you got from using your other abilities).

Anyway, your help and opinions would be very much appreciated.

Qualifications:

1) I suck at PvP

2) I have a 50 Merc that is speced for PvE healing, but I am PvPing for some gear.

3) While I have not played a Sorc or Op healer, I think I understand them well enough.

IMO:

Sorcs frequently top the Healing Done list, I assume because they have the strongest AOE heals. So, they can AoE the group of ******* all fighting in the middle and make great numbers. If you are looking for the biggest numbers and arguably the biggest impact, you might considder a Sorc.

If you are playing for objectives and not meters, I don't know that any one class is better than another. However, even though I love my Merc, I would be tempted to try an OP for PvP because they have several instant heals. As a merc, having to be stationary while healing sucks. Its not as bad in Voidstar and Alderaan, but it really sucks to try and heal a constantly moving person with the huttball. And since more than 3/4 of the PvP right noew is huttball...it would just make sense to use an OP with instant HoTs.

Thats my $0.02 and that may be what it is worth too. Good Luck.

PS. I used Sorc, Merc and OP, those would be Sage, Commando and Scoundrel. Allso, for the Republic, you may not get Huttball as much as I do as Empire.

Edited by TempestasSilva