Directive Seven, Thank you Bioware.

After - running D7, for the first time last night - and wiping repeatedly on Bulwark, because our Sentinel couldn't comprehend the basics - and was whining the whole time about how hard the game was...

We carried on as a three man.

Brought down Bulwark and were faced with Mentor.

All I can say is: "What a fight."

If the rest of the standards live up to that, I'll never miss FFXI HNM's any more. That was truly engaging - and fun.

Still 3 mannable, but - wow... what a joy to play.

So thank you, you really did a fine job with that, really fun instance. Mentor especially.

Mentor is a really interesting fight, but they need to make the importance of downing the cores slightly more obvious. In Hard Mode, if you don't take out the cores as soon as humanly possible, you're going to be putting your healer under a TON of stress.

I wish I could get that far - the Interrogator has bugged out for me every time I've tried it, resulting in an endless stream of level 50 elites, making progression impossible. Eventually we just sidestepped and left the droid alone, but it would always pick off one of the guys and eventually would create clones that came after us. I don't want to derail the thread too much, but did anyone else get this problem? If the final fight is as good as you have all said, I REALLY want to reach it.

I actually DID enjoy the Mentor fight, if only for the streams of profanity on my Vent. :) So much going on. So many ways for it to go wrong. Definite feeling of accomplishment when complete.

"Love" attempting to heal as Sage when the "arm" is on me 90% of the time. Yuck. More instant heals, plz? More diversity in target selection, plz?

Edited by jkwengert

Thats what made it fun - it was a do-able but stressful encounter :p

Hence the profanity! (And possible screaming "HEAL. YOURSELVES. I'M. BUSY!")

Our guardian found that if he Guardian Leap <?> to me the arm switched to follow him. That might help with your sage healing?

Aaaah, clever. We'll have to try that. Thanks.

Edited by jkwengert