Vanguard Assault: How to deal with Rage Marauders/Juggernauts?

Royox

I just surrender. I can't kite them and if I try to fight back they use their 10000000 defensive skills and kick my *ss.

So.......i think this could be a L2P issue so.....any ideas?

How do you deal with them? Every time I play a WZ and one of those f*ckers jumps at me my only one thought is "write /stuck and look for another place to fight".

I just surrender. I can't kite them and if I try to fight back they use their 10000000 defensive skills and kick my *ss.

So.......i think this could be a L2P issue so.....any ideas?

How do you deal with them? Every time I play a WZ and one of those f*ckers jumps at me my only one thought is "write /stuck and look for another place to fight".

It's a real pain in the butt cause they can simply out DPS you and out tank you at the same time.

all you can hope for is to have a healer nearby and hope like HELL they can heal you so you can outlast the SoB. other than that -shrug-

How about you strafe and kill him WHILE you kite him......

Dont turn around and try to fight him Toe to Toe....just use snares and keep him at a distance. He can only leap every 15 secs. Use your stuns just after he leaps and you are golden.

Cause now ALL of them have "Crush" and I can't run while affected with that :______ then they chocke me, they slow mo me with another skill, stun, etc etc etc

I'd say if you have the talented removal of snares when you activate Reactive Shield, to use that to get some distance while their snare ticks down, keep ion pulse on them to maintain distance, use CC breaker when they force choke you, if they use Zealous Leap burn one of your stuns, if by this time you haven't got him near death then I don't know what to tell you. If you both have similar gear level you should have him pretty low by then. Edited by DarkSideTOR

You can't deal with Rage Marauders. Questions?

Pretty much thins. Personally I would say "you cant deal with marauders" and leave it at that.

No it's not a L2P issue Marauders are simply top of the food chain and if a marauder looses to a pyro, then the marauder is a baddy.

Well yes and no. If you are talking a marauder with all his cds up and only you as his target then he does have the advantage. However, in a wz use your advantages. Watch the decent marauders and also have something to pillar hump nearby if possible.

Try to make someone else a better leap target than yourself. Then taunt him, throw 2 nades on him and then take him down. He will use his short range leap if he attacks and then you kite him. You will often win this way because you already took half his health off. Save your stun for his cds. Anticipate where he will run to if he stealths.

Also many, even the optimized aug wh marauders, will backpedal like idiots trying to get range for their long leap. I can't tell you how many times i've been rather low health and a geared marauder has been over half health and I killed them while slowly following them as they tried to get range and did nothing in the meantime. It's really hilarious.

Another thing is many will have trouble if you pillar hump. This shoudln't happen but it does. Your dps can stay the same in this situation but theirs often won't.

Playing my gunslinger (50) and my shadow (20) i can say the only thing - troopers sux in comparison with them in each and every aspect. The only exception is Vanguard assault and his zomg burst but it's not much if there's no a healer near by coz there are no safe abilities except a shi*y reactive shield. My half WH vanguard reminds me a tomato sometimes and marauders the boots. After a duel with one of them i feel ketchup. So as my commando.