feedback critical healing mechanics on kelsara (TFB ops HM)

i am a merc healer and i have some questions on things that triggers i have no controle over.

1. pro medicine ( 9 sec HoT after healing scan has been casted )

2. My proc relic, wich heals every 20 sec, a 50% chance on a 3 sec HoT

3. my kolto shell, when it is on the tank, and heals him on damage (ads + boss)

Now wy do i have these questions?

repsonse no 1

pro medicine is something as a bonus after we cast healing scan, wich is nessasary to our mechanics so sometimes it's a rotation reaction from myself to use it offcourse before i cast rapid scan, but in this encounter very dangeres to use.

what damage do we do as this is on the tank??

I cannot remove it !!

response no 2

my pro relic is something i love and yes it's personel, and many use the pvp on, i am forced to swap it out for a pvp on, because i have controle over it every 20 seconds

what damage do we do as thisproc is on the tank??

i cannot remove it !!

response no 3.

this one i can remove personly but that comes whit a high risk it's cost me 16 heat, and that's if i am at 25% heat i never use it in my rotation,this i again our benefit as a merc healer but can not be used in this phase

what damage do we do as this shell is on the tank??

It's not that i know the answers, but its all core mechanics on our merc healer, and with the difficulty raising on the ops in this game the more things are taken away to use as a healer to make it diffecult, so whats left is basic healing, i am correct??

so the one question remaining is whats the leech damage done on kelsara when by mistake happens wich i mentioned above??

1. pro medicine ( 9 sec HoT after healing scan has been casted )

2. My proc relic, wich heals every 20 sec, a 50% chance on a 3 sec HoT

3. my kolto shell, when it is on the tank, and heals him on damage (ads + boss)

Please note that I have not healed this encounter on my merc healer (done it as a dps though).

I'll start with the third since that's the easiest one to answer, I'd recommend swapping kolto shell to the active tank, that way you don't have to worry about healing the linked tank.

For the first and second that's a bit trickier. What is your other healer? If the other healer not a merc, can you get away with not using healing scan on the tanks (or at the very beginning of their tanking phase so they get the armor buff)? For the relic the only suggestion to prevent this would be to use a different relic on this fight.

There is a second option though; if you trust your tanks (which I assume you do), then you don't worry about your hots. When the other tank taunts off, the linked tank goes through and disables the hots on himself or herself (right click the associated icon). I've pretty much exclusively run with sage/sorc healers so the hots isn't much of a problem.

Anyway, like I said, I haven't personally healed this fight so I'm not positive on the effectiveness of these suggestions; but, they are just suggestions. Hope this helps or spurs an idea for you.

EDIT:

I seem to have forgotten to answer your last question. Best I recall if you heal the linked tank it heals Kel'Sara, not does damage.

Edited by Xiij

that's a respons i have expected but with so many dots and buffs and class bufss on him he will be to late to counterattack for at least 1 or 2 seconds and the damage is done.

thats my basic questions what is this damage done what happens to kelsara?? what does she gets for this leech??

that's a respons i have expected but with so many dots and buffs and class bufss on him he will be to late to counterattack for at least 1 or 2 seconds and the damage is done.

thats my basic questions what is this damage done what happens to kelsara?? what does she gets for this leech??

Not sure on the exact amount but it seemed significant. Wiped every time this happened alot.

Leach should only occur on HM immediately after Kelsara chases after a random person in the raid (with the exclusion of the first Leach). when you see the yellow beam that indicates Kelsara is chasing someone, you should immediately think about which tank was just tanking and top him/her off. As long as you do it quickly, any hots that you applied should fade off before the leach is casted on the tank.

Of course, the exclusion to this is the first leach that is applied. This is the hard one to predict and you need to play very cautiously when it comes to guessing when it will go off. Make sure you have Kelsara focus targeted to see the .5 second cast time of leach. It's not much but it may be the deciding factor between a safe tank and a dead one from a late rapid scan.

Generally speaking, the hots hurt but don't change the fight overall. If the tank is above 50% HP and hots are ticking, he will survive it. It's when healers throw in a late heal that also applies the hot that would be the killing blow.

Kolto shell is also a non factor, the tank should not be taking damage thus no procs should occur during that time.

Edited by Codek

Leach should only occur on HM immediately after Kelsara chases after a random person in the raid (with the exclusion of the first Leach). when you see the yellow beam that indicates Kelsara is chasing someone, you should immediately think about which tank was just tanking and top him/her off. As long as you do it quickly, any hots that you applied should fade off before the leach is casted on the tank.

^^ This... leech happens after the green beam of death from kelsara, so I click the buffs off myself when this part starts.

Kolto shell is also a non factor, the tank should not be taking damage thus no procs should occur during that time.

I believe Kelsara's crushing darkness is still ticking on me when the other tank takes over. Just click all the healing buffs off an it will be fine.

Edited by CBRGhostRider

It is somewhat predictable when the force leach will come like someone else mention, so just hold back your healing a slight bit right before it. The leach will come off before the tank will need to taunt the boss back, so you will have the chance to top him/her off before they are tanking again.

On a side note, i have always asked the tanks to run away from the area she is being tanked at, for i can still aoe heal w/o the worry of healing them as well.

Our guild has done 8m hm with all three classes of healers. Basically we just make sure the tanks are topped up early, no hot and cautious about healing in the last phase and most of the time stop healing the tank early. The merc healer didn't express any difficulty. (I heal on my operative so not very familiar with how merc's rely on hot)

Having tanked and healed 8m hm. I have to agree that the tank should be able to help out by clicking the hot off. The tank has very little to do in the last phase while the healers are always busy enough to keep everyone alive.

Have not healed this fight but from what i've seen while doing this fight. If there is hots on the tank than he is pretty much dead no questions asked.(kolto shell will kill them too saw it last night) Also IMO as well as some very strong healers i know, you need to drop that healing proc relic it is trash. You gain a lot more in heals with a relic with a lot of power on it i.e. battlemaster or warhero(i think one of them was wearing a tanking relic at one point a while back because it had like 60ish power on it tillhe got the pvp relics). Both of these healers are also putting out 2k-2.2k hps.

The only time force leach should/may catch you off guard is the very first one and this can be avoided by asking a dps or tank to give a holler when ciphas is around 10% to top off the tanks for the final phase. GL