Headset Recommendation, Please

Switch_Ares

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Sennheiser PC 350s, but they're not cheap either.

A little bit more expensive than Logitech G35 but much better sound quality. So if you have the money for a G35 you could always eat noodles for two days and save up for a Sennheiser instead. Its gonna be worth the money.

I use Sennheiser PC 350s, but they're not cheap either.

Same.

Tried the Megalodon first and was not impressed, very quiet and some documented driver issues (might be fixed by now). Sent them back and picked up the Sennheiser 350's and imo they are worth every penny, highly recommend them or the 360's if you can afford it.

Edited by Captkornnutz

I use the razer carcharias, not a bad headset for the price tag. It fits and sounds great. I would also recommend not buying a real cheap headset. Most of them aren’t designed to be used more than a few minutes and really start hurting your ears after 15-20 min of gameplay

A little bit more expensive than Logitech G35 but much better sound quality. So if you have the money for a G35 you could always eat noodles for two days and save up for a Sennheiser instead. Its gonna be worth the money.

Based on the price I would personally recommend Sennheiser's 350 or 360 series if you have a decent sound card or mixamp to get the most out of them. They are considerably higher impedance than most gaming headsets which means you won't be getting the full benefit and quality they're capable of with lower end onboard sound. They also take quite a while to 'burn in'. Turtle Beach or Steelseries make some nice ones that are lower impedance.

That said, I have a nice sound card and I love them. I think they're a bit fugly but they're very light and comfy (very important for gaming), sturdy, and they sound fantastic.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by daemian

I use the razer carcharias, not a bad headset for the price tag. It fits and sounds great. I would also recommend not buying a real cheap headset. Most of them aren’t designed to be used more than a few minutes and really start hurting your ears after 15-20 min of gameplay

I was just going to post nearly the same thing. I have the same same headset. For me comfort was important and so I went with over the ear type.

I use Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930. Great sound and holds charge well. It is not exactly cheap but it is a good headset.

OP, what exactly is affordable? If you looking for a gaming head set, expect to spend $50+ Basically price dictates quality. More the more expensive, the better it will be. There are few exceptions but there are very few.

Logitech G35's. Very happy with them. In other games they have worked great as well.

Heard some really good things about Corsair's Headsets. The new Vengeance 1500's are supposed to be very decent and a good price considering.

My next set I might try out the Corsair's but also happy with the Logitech's.

i use the wireless version of the G35 logitech and have a large head and to me, the headphone band tension is too too tight and at times would leave me feeling i had a tension headache. I swapped over to a pair of sennheisers and they are much more comfortable.

i use the wireless version of the G35 logitech and have a large head and to me, the headphone band tension is too too tight and at times would leave me feeling i had a tension headache. I swapped over to a pair of sennheisers and they are much more comfortable.

There is a trick for that. When not in use you put them on your computer case with one cup on each side. Gets the band more relaxed. Do that until they feel comfortable and than do not put them on the case anymore. Worked for me.

I use Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930. Great sound and holds charge well. It is not exactly cheap but it is a good headset.

OP, what exactly is affordable? If you looking for a gaming head set, expect to spend $50+ Basically price dictates quality. More the more expensive, the better it will be. There are few exceptions but there are very few.

This, the G930 is a great headset.

I'm also using the Razer Carcharias. I think I paid around $70-$80 for them. They are extremely comfortable and I can play for hours at a time without any discomfort. Personally the only downside I guess is that because they cover your entire ears they get kinda warm after a while, so I usually take them off once in a while to let my head breathe, lol. They are analog however, so no USB plug, just 2 audio plugs, one for sound the other for mic. It also has in line mute and volume adjustments. I think the mic boom is nice and doesnt get in the way, and it seems to do a great job of noice cancelling, I frequently use vent without PTT and nobody complains. Oh and the last thing I can say about this is, I have a really big head and these fit me great. So if you have a big head too, then this will probably work great, but if you have a smaller head then they might just feel too big.

I've been using Sennheiser products for over a decade for my music production hobby. I love them. I actually use a pair of HD 280 Pros and a cheap microphone (I don't do voice chat often), but if I was going to buy a headset that wasn't cheap I'd go with Sennheiser.

i have the turtle beach x12. i've owned the x31 and was very pleased with them while playing COD. pretty impressed with the x12s, however. $60 from walmart

I got a pair of X12 for christmas. They lasted about 2weeks before the sound became horribly bad. Every time i moved my head there was static from the USB power connection. I returned them thinking it was just a faulty set, but the new set i received is not much better. I think turtle beach's quality has drastically gone down hill in the past few years.

I also own a pair of P21 for the playstation. I bought them with they first came out a couple years back and the build quality is night and day. For the xbox equivalent (price wise) they are not worth the money imo. I am just waiting for them to die again so I can get my money back and buy something descent that will work on the xbox and the pc.