The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Two healers in a row who did not know to cleanse on Hammer Station droid. No DPS with cleanse either. Yay. This thread is like a testament of the massive ignorance out there. It's funny because level 55 hm fps are a breeze to run through. Still, when some of the bosses have a mechanic X that'll wipe the raid if you don't do Y, it's just annoying. I think I am slowly starting to understand why tanking is not so popular. I just leave when I am not having fun. Explaining tactics for the umpteenth time is not fun. Wiping due to someone's lack of mechanics is not fun. I bet tanks too play this game for fun. So all the tanks who just disappear after seeing what I described here: You have my respect. Go have fun with elsewhere. That is what I do. :D

Two healers in a row who did not know to cleanse on Hammer Station droid. No DPS with cleanse either. Yay. This thread is like a testament of the massive ignorance out there. It's funny because level 55 hm fps are a breeze to run through. Still, when some of the bosses have a mechanic X that'll wipe the raid if you don't do Y, it's just annoying. I think I am slowly starting to understand why tanking is not so popular. I just leave when I am not having fun. Explaining tactics for the umpteenth time is not fun. Wiping due to someone's lack of mechanics is not fun. I bet tanks too play this game for fun. So all the tanks who just disappear after seeing what I described here: You have my respect. Go have fun with elsewhere. That is what I do. :D

I must admit, I didn't know it was cleanseable either when I first ran this flashpoint (though I was tank at that time). The reason for this was that in SM hammerstation, healers don't have their cleanse yet. I was so used to not being able to cleanse it.

Edited by Aryh

I must admit, I didn't know it was cleanable either when I first ran this flashpoint (though I was tank at that time). The reason for this was that in SM hammerstation, healers don't have their cleanse yet. I was so used to not being able to cleanse it.

Most healers I group with who don't know about the cleanse in Hammer Station HM (and why would they?) are quick learners and get the picture after the first wipe.

It's fun to teach good learners :)

Edited by Fidelicatessen

I had the pleasure of playing with a special shadow tank yesterday. He would run up to a group of mobs, stand just outside aggro range and stand there for at least five seconds. Didn't give it much thought on first few pulls; people usually sort their beverages and snacks after loading the FP, but this guy did it constantly. This, ofcourse, annoys the hell out of me. Other dps and I kept jumping to signal we're ready and there was no need to wait. No. It's like he was trying to bore the mobs to death.

Real drama started when I suggested a few shortcuts for a faster run. Stuff like soft CC and paths. His healer guildie responded with "Let him play the way he wants to". :rolleyes: What was really grinding my gears was the fact that the guy was a shadow tank. That being what I main, I got cramps in my stomach before every pull. When we got to the first boss in HS and I noticed I've pulled aggro through guard - a little bit of me died inside. Later in the run he managed to break cc on a marked turret. Twice. Luckily for him, I'm more stubborn and I kept cc'ing until he got the picture.

Calling BS on this one, It was nothing like you tell it. It seemed like you were in a mad rush to do the FP, What is the mad rush to finish the FP. You didn't mention CCs at all and we do know about the shortcut just decided not to use it which seemed to upset you a little, the reason for not using the shortcut is to get enough mobs for the bonus boss which it seems you didn't want to do even when your guilde needed gear from it, very inconsiderate also the pause was what 2 secs max just because there is no rush to steam roll through the FP and it wasn't before every group of mobs.

You pulled agro through guard on the first boss, now you are talking through your backside. You did not pull agro on any boss in the FP that is utter rubbish. Your guilde was even whispered to my healer guilde that she did not feel the same way as you. So if anyone was the weirdo in that FP it was you and not us.

Edited by VorKoom

Well, I gues it was just my imagination that was receiving damage then. :rolleyes:

And while we're on the topic of inconsiderate, blatantly announcing "we're doing bonus" without any regard to the rest of team is what? ;) The fact that your tank conitunued to waste time before every single trash pull even after I've informed you we have an ops team waiting for us really tells me all I need to know about consideration and skill involved.

BTW, a CC is mentioned when it has a freakin' marker on them and is crouched. :rak_03:

Edited by slafko

Well, I gues it was just my imagination that was receiving damage then. :rolleyes:

And while we're on the topic of inconsiderate, blatantly announcing "we're doing bonus" without any regard to the rest of team is what? ;) The fact that your tank conitunued to waste time before every single trash pull even after I've informed you we have an ops team waiting for us really tells me all I need to know about consideration and skill involved.

BTW, a CC is mentioned when it has a freakin' marker on them and is crouched. :rak_03:

I don't know why you were taking damage but it certainly wasn't from the boss, I guess you were standing in the red circles from the adds. If you have an Ops team waiting for you why were you doing a HM FP? You could have simply bailed out saying you had an Op to do. On the subject of CCs. Yes the CC was broken by the tank as both of the turrets can be tanked, what does it matter if it's the tank that breaks the CC, the only real problem is when DPS break it, if the tank breaks it then tanks the broken CC there is no problem, after it was CCed the third time it was a kind of whatever from the tank as there is no real need for CCs there.

When we said we are doing the bonus you didn't voice and objection to it so that tells me that you are ok with it. I'm not gonna argue about it anymore as I'm frankly tired of it, lets just agree to disagree and move on. :)

Edited by VorKoom

I don't know why you were taking damage but it certainly wasn't from the boss, I guess you were standing in the red circles from the adds.

You guess wrong.

If you have an Ops team waiting for you why were you doing a HM FP? You could have simply bailed out saying you had an Op to do.

Ops team was waiting for us and for some other members, too. As others were late, we were told go just go ahead and finish the fp. Also, the ops were mainly for that guildie I was with. It was to be his first run with us and we were going to get him some gear. So not much point in starting the ops without us, is there?

On the subject of CCs. Yes the CC was broken by the tank as both of the turrets can be tanked, what does it matter if it's the tank that breaks the CC, the only real problem is when DPS break it, if the tank breaks it then tanks the broken CC there is no problem, after it was CCed the third time it was a kind of whatever from the tank as there is no real need for CCs there.

They can be tanked both, indeed, but considering the tank's prior performance I wasn't giving him the benefit of a doubt. With all the standing around, picking his nose and "LOS pull" cr*p I've had to endure up to that point.

When we said we are doing the bonus you didn't voice and objection to it so that tells me that you are ok with it. I'm not gonna argue about it anymore as I'm frankly tired of it, lets just agree to disagree and move on. :)

Notice the difference between "we said" and "we asked". Besides, you only said you were doing bonus after I asked why did we pull the first group on the right and if we shall be killing everything along the way. I have no objections to doing bonus, I have objections to doing flashpoints at the speed of a snail. Tanking like that really makes me sad I haven't established a Tanking Academy on TRE and slow shadow tanks make me cry.

You guess wrong.

Ops team was waiting for us and for some other members, too. As others were late, we were told go just go ahead and finish the fp. Also, the ops were mainly for that guildie I was with. It was to be his first run with us and we were going to get him some gear. So not much point in starting the ops without us, is there?

They can be tanked both, indeed, but considering the tank's prior performance I wasn't giving him the benefit of a doubt. With all the standing around, picking his nose and "LOS pull" cr*p I've had to endure up to that point.

Notice the difference between "we said" and "we asked". Besides, you only said you were doing bonus after I asked why did we pull the first group on the right and if we shall be killing everything along the way. I have no objections to doing bonus, I have objections to doing flashpoints at the speed of a snail. Tanking like that really makes me sad I haven't established a Tanking Academy on TRE and slow shadow tanks make me cry.

Lol :p 'Poor Performance' You didn't pull agro once, if you say you did your talking rubbish. Anyway this is my last comment on the subject. Have fun.

Edited by VorKoom

Realize that I've never encountered anything close to the behaviour in this thread yet in a flashpoint, so this is new to me. Maybe it's just my server (Jedi Covenant). Regardless, my point is that he's weird (as is also the point of this thread), not terrible. His behaviour was just baffling.

You must be the luckiest person alive. I play all my toons on JC and I have seen all these behaviors again and again. The other day I had a tank drop group on Mando Raiders because he didn't like the healer's name.

First time i was healing HM HS i didnt realize what they meant either. they said cleanse at 5-6 stacks, i was liek :rak_02:, because in SM you dont need to, so i didnt even realize what he was talking about

Huh seems hammer station story time and I got one!

Healer sorc, 2 Merc Dps, myself on Sin tank.

Droid boss, his adds pop up and healer does not cleanse me as I hit ten stacks and die. So I sit there on the ground as the boss turns to one Merc, eventually kills him, onto the next Merc, kills him and kills the healer. Now while he is fighting the first Merc I go "battle Rez?" kind of expecting it, I mean generally if the tank drops they get the Rez like instantly in a boss pull.

Yeah did not happen and the mercs were to busy trying to survive the boss to do it. So I vote kicked the healer, which never went through as he decided to leave area. As he was leaving I have him a bit of an education that a tank dying means a wipe if the boss is not near dead (droid had like 30% left when I dropped). Doubt he heard any of it, we reque'ed got an Op healer and one shot everything else.

It rather annoyed me, but one less healer I need to worry about.

[...]

So...does that mean he was doing this on purpose? Was he attempting to troll me? I don't understand why he would do that. I didn't give him much of a reaction other than an initial question...I'm under the impression that this guy is dead serious. Honestly, someone try to answer this for me. Is he doing a really sad attempt to troll, or is this some kind of new-flavour build that I've never heard about? :sul_confused:

I almost hope so, in a way.

Not because I'd want you to get trolled, but because the alternative means that there really are 'Slingers that stupid out there, and I just refuse to believe that my beloved AC has that kind of derp playing it.

E:

Mind you, I've seen some drama-llama, 1337-kid derp-Slingers on occasion too --and it made me haz a sad-- but fortunately, these are rare.

I must say, the one class that I don't think I've ever seen too many real derps in is my other beloved AC:

Mercs, and damager-Commandos. Thank you fellow Mercs/Mandos, for making the effort to play you class and role correctly!

Edited by midianlord

Unless we're talking level 55 stuff here, I don't have a problem with that. The leveling content in this game is so easy that a tank in DPS gear+shield will get more than enough mitigation from his spec alone to tank anything, so I always just do that so I can clear the solo content faster on my leveling tanks.

Two problems I have with this.

1. Not everyone is so nonchalant as you about it.

2. and this one is the biggest... many players, especially new ones... are still learning. If they see that this is how it's done, you will find them still doing it at 55 and they'll be like "What? NObody's ever had a problem with it before, what's your problem?" I seriously find this all the time at 50-55 (50 pre expansion).

3. Follow up to #2, this is also why I find even at 55 tanks in full dps gear thinking they can tank cause they did it before and nobody told them how to properly tank cause "oh it's leveling up it's easy mode"

So, I queued up on my operative healer and got HM czerka meltdown. Zone in and discover to my abject horror that *I* am the tank! :eek:

I doubled checked my queued roles and verified that it was set to healer (as I have to reason to ever change it, especially not to tank, lol). So I was at a loss, and quite embarrassed as everyone was rightfully pissed. I say my apologies and quit the group.

Still have no idea what happened. But I was the weird one for once.

Gotta be a glitch with GF.

I notice that on my Mercs and Mandos, GF sometimes has both the "Damage" and "Heal" boxes ticked, but that class can be either, so it makes sense. (I've learned to always double-check that as a result :))

I imagine this happens for hybrid damager/tanker classes, too?

But Scouperatives can't even be tanks, soooo....

But Scouperatives can't even be tanks, soooo....

My sniper - and probably many others - already tank better than some "tanks." Haven't tried it much on my scoundrel, I just stealth if I pull threat.

If only they hadn't removed those patron armorings....

See, due to the cover mechanic, I imagine agents/smuggs would actually be pretty affective against ranged enemies, since if you don't do an action and just stay in cover, you take literally no damage from the majority of their attacks. This wouldn't work in practice because there is no aggro management...but I've always wanted to try it for fun. :sul_grin: