How can there be Star Wars without Jedi?

peteed

The question I have is how do they even make a new Star Wars movie? I mean the Jedi were basically extinct and no new people were being born with the midicloreans or however its spelt that give them powers so how can it be Star Wars with no Jedi? I mean episode 7 should come after 6 right?

I don't know much about the lore and story as I only watched the movies. I love watching sci-fi but hate reading it cause sci-fi books alot of the time are boring so never tried a star wars one. But what I do know from the movies is the Jedi were as I said dying out and no replacements.

I mean I guess nothing in Star Wars name makes it so that it can't be Star Wars without them but when you think of Star Wars isn't Jedi the first thing that comes to mind?

The question I have is how do they even make a new Star Wars movie? I mean the Jedi were basically extinct and no new people were being born with the midicloreans or however its spelt that give them powers so how can it be Star Wars with no Jedi? I mean episode 7 should come after 6 right?

I don't know much about the lore and story as I only watched the movies. I love watching sci-fi but hate reading it cause sci-fi books alot of the time are boring so never tried a star wars one. But what I do know from the movies is the Jedi were as I said dying out and no replacements.

I mean I guess nothing in Star Wars name makes it so that it can't be Star Wars without them but when you think of Star Wars isn't Jedi the first thing that comes to mind?

Ive only played a few games and seen the movies as well, but as I understand it, Luke did end up rebuilding the Jedi order. I guess all of a sudden people started popping up that were force sensitive.... or maybe palpatine was just killing them off, idk. All I know is that the Jedi order WAS rebuilt, and that it was more lax then the previous one. i.e. I believe the restriction on love and relationships was lifted, or at least partially lifted

Force sensitives never stopped being born. There were and are many that never became Jedi or Sith. Most of the ones that we know of through lore were givin away by their parents by age 3 or so to one side or the other (or taken). When the Jedi order fell the number of true Jedi went way down. Obviously. Luke did eventually start a school and it accepeted anyone, regaurdless of age, to join.

Ive only played a few games and seen the movies as well, but as I understand it, Luke did end up rebuilding the Jedi order. I guess all of a sudden people started popping up that were force sensitive.... or maybe palpatine was just killing them off, idk. All I know is that the Jedi order WAS rebuilt, and that it was more lax then the previous one. i.e. I believe the restriction on love and relationships was lifted, or at least partially lifted

some like mara jade were former dark acolytes while others like kyle katarn never knew they were.

as the restriction on love and relationships it was completely removed since that was what technically destroyed the last order.

All I know is that the Jedi order WAS rebuilt, and that it was more lax then the previous one. i.e. I believe the restriction on love and relationships was lifted, or at least partially lifted

Not lax exactly, with little real information about the force, apart from what Luke had learned, they had too be more flexible. The only way to learn was to experiment, which meant that techniques were less polished, and mistakes were made. They had little or no lore, remember Lukes training was unorthadox and incomplete, Yoda didn't train him as he trained other Jedi, and apart from telling him to avoid anger, hate and fear didn't teach him to dampen his emotions or avoid romance.

Edited by AlexDougherty

Like a few others said it's not that people were no longer being born force sensitive it's that they were basically illegal under the rule of the Empire. They were generally killed or they simply lived without any idea they were force sensitive. Most force sensitive don't really know they are, they are just more capable in certain ways than normal people (Examples being heightened reflexes, intelligence, etc). That being said; with the death of Palpatine they'd be free again to start training force sensitives as Jedi. I believe the next trilogy is supposed to start ~20 to 30 years after A New Hope so there is plenty of time for Luke to begin a new Jedi Order.

YODA: Luke, when gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be. Pass on what you have learned!

Presumably, this will tell the story of the rebirth of the Jedi order, of Luke passing on his wisdom to the next generation. This would fit the thematic elements of each previous trilogy, as well, and moreso if Luke were to die in the first film, in a lightsaber combat. Hammil could always reprise the role in later films as a Force Ghost. I imagine the film will not lack for Jedi.

Not lax exactly, with little real information about the force, apart from what Luke had learned, they had too be more flexible. The only way to learn was to experiment, which meant that techniques were less polished, and mistakes were made. They had little or no lore, remember Lukes training was unorthadox and incomplete, Yoda didn't train him as he trained other Jedi, and apart from telling him to avoid anger, hate and fear didn't teach him to dampen his emotions or avoid romance.

Were the Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda "ghosts" (and disembodied Qui-Gon voice) available for consultation to help Luke pass on the traditions and trainings of the Jedi?

after rotj luke restarts the jedi academy to train force sensative people.

Were the Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda "ghosts" (and disembodied Qui-Gon voice) available for consultation to help Luke pass on the traditions and trainings of the Jedi?

Not exactly, according to the books they only popped in occasionaly, and had very specific advice but didn't pass on lore, Techniques or any real knowledge.