"Bounty hunters getting a nerf"

JohnAntilles

You obviously didn't see the sarcastic undertone with that comment, nor have you done any endgame pvp.

No merc on my server even comes close to the amount of dps and spike damage my pyro does.

I average 500k per match, crit for 5k.

Anybody who has a clue purges burning debuffs off of them.

Posting anecdotal wz stats is worthless.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who has a clue purges burning debuffs off of them.

Posting anecdotal wz stats is worthless.

Pyro spec is such that it's much, MUCH easier to re-apply burning than it is to continually purge it.

Pyro spec is such that it's much, MUCH easier to re-apply burning than it is to continually purge it.

A toxic scan/cure removes 2 debuffs.

PT's are so easy to counter its ridiculous, which is why half the time they run around with their shield up like a chicken with their head cut off because purging their debuffs, takes their damage from 60 to 0 4 seconds at a time.

If they try to balance PvP around 1v1, the game is going to implode.

PT Pyro's are better in 1v1 than Mercs, by far. You have grapple, interrupt, carbonize... while Merc has what? Knockback? And you're not as squishy as Mercs, yet do more damage, have better mitigation, and more utility.

Because being squishy obviously has nothing to do with group pvp.

A good PT is more squishy than a merc, unless the merc is full arsen, then its about the same.

My burns are instantly reapplied every 3 seconds, have fun spamming cleanse.

Edited by BendakStarkiller

Probably a PT nerf. It's stupid that our best DPS AC (for PvP) isn't in Merc, but rather the tank-oriented AC which also better mitigation and better utility. We can't ***** about Sorcs and Sages being "too good" and not admit that PT's in Pyro spec also have a little too much going for them compared to classes that have actual weaknesses.

Oh you mean weaknesses like shields blocking next to none of the damage types pre slant in PvP? As just an example there. The only thing tank specc's have going for them in that respect is the jet charge and guard. Everything else is just fluff in comparison to the other Hunter specc's.

If it's a damage nerf, what is done to fix survivability?

Because right now, even with the "OMG I WAS 10 BILLION DAMAGE SHOT" Tracer Missle, mercs are one of the squishiest (and oddly Pyros....BH DPS specs as a whole) classes out there.

Low Damage + Low Survivability = ...fun?

Because being squishy obviously has nothing to do with group pvp.

A good PT is more squishy than a merc, unless the merc is full arsen, then its about the same.

My burns are instantly reapplied every 3 seconds, have fun spamming cleanse.

You have a 1 second window for burst....cool story bro.

Burning is applied->burning is cleansed->you have no burst but your opponent does->rinse and repeat until you blow your shield and running around not knowing what to do like all Pts do when they run into someone competent.

You can go back to bragging how you pwn garbage marauders but here is a hint, everyone beats up garbage marauders.

Edited by GeoLager

You have a 1 second window for burst....cool story bro.

Burning is applied->burning is cleansed->you have no burst but your opponent does->rinse and repeat until you blow your shield and running around not knowing what to do like all Pts do when they run into someone competent.

You can go back to bragging how you pwn garbage marauders but here is a hint, everyone beats up garbage marauders.

Your mad now aren't you bud?

Your clearly incompetent and you don't know a thing about PT's.(more specifically pyro)

Our burst damage is dependent on reapplying that burn, reapplying that burn refreshes our rail shot which enables us to burst.

While were applying the burn, were bursting.

Cleansing is useless against us and doesn't stop our burst.

I never once said I pwn marauders? Where, quote me.

Marauders and sins are the two classes that flat out beat Pyros.

Your mad now aren't you bud?

Your clearly incompetent and you don't know a thing about PT's.(more specifically pyro)

Our burst damage is dependent on reapplying that burn, reapplying that burn refreshes our rail shot which enables us to burst.

While were applying the burn, were bursting.

Cleansing is useless against us and doesn't stop our burst.

I never once said I pwn marauders? Where, quote me.

Marauders and sins are the two classes that flat out beat Pyros.

Quoted for lulz because you just contradicted yourself.

And because I'm nice and you're slow I'll point it out....

You need a burning debuff up to burst. Cleansing removes the burning debuff. Ergo, with no burning debuff, you cannot burst because you have no access to railshot.

So I'll wait while you try and point out how spamming powershot to get burning to proc is somehow burst.

Edited by GeoLager

You need a burning debuff up to burst. Cleansing removes the burning debuff. Ergo, with no burning debuff, you cannot burst because you have no access to railshot.

So I'll wait while you try and point out how spamming powershot to get burning to proc is somehow burst.

i agree bounty hunters should be buffed rather than nerfed.

who knows might be something stupid might be something huge, depending on what it is will determine if i stay with the game or not. i got sick of spending time with a useless toon in wow so if it happens here Guildwars here i come

You just too sad, the point im making is that to avoid our burst you have to constantly spam your cleanse. You cant fully cleanse our burn, our skills are all instant and fast. We can burn then railshot before you can cleanse the burn.

And you no nothing about our burst...

We have 2 stuns which also allow railshots burst.

Also, PT's ( the class ive been talking about ) doesnt even have powershot.

Ergo, your bad.

+ We use flame burst, an instant, spammable ability with no cd to apply our burns.

You just too sad, the point im making is that to avoid our burst you have to constantly spam your cleanse. You cant fully cleanse our burn, our skills are all instant and fast. We can burn then railshot before you can cleanse the burn.

You have 1 gcd window to get a railshot off before your burns are cleansed.

The cleanses are on a 4.5 second cooldown and get 2 of your burning debuffs. So while you are dicking around trying to get burning back up on someone and get a railshot off, they have 2 free gcds before a cleanse to apply burst to you.

The cleanses are on a 4.5 second cooldown and get 2 of your burning debuffs. So while you are dicking around trying to get burning back up on someone and get a railshot off, they have 2 free gcds before a cleanse to apply burst to you.

My burning has a 100% chance to apply on an instant hit with no CD.

Right-o.

Like I said before, you should go read up on our basic skills like flame burst for instance before you pretend to know anything about this class.

PvP Panel of guild summit starting soon so guess we'll get more clarification =/

Quick somebody ask this question!

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Like I said before, you should got read up on our basic skills like flame burst for instance before you pretend to know anything about this class.

Technically speaking, this is required within 10M. if they keep you away from that, hard to keep reapplying that dot without overheating from IM...

What really needs to be nerfed for BHs? o_O

Knowing BW, they are re-evaluating our strong defensive cooldowns

(Yes, this is sarcasm, but sadly It wouldn't surprise me...)

Put me at range I either pull or TD, IM with the free heat cost and then railshot to sustain my dps as I take the range back.

Grapple the opponent. You are now Knockbacked out range again,and your IM gets Cleansed.

What's next?

Problem is most players do not know how to counter PTs, it's not that difficult, just most people don't take the time to learn another classes weakness. They'd rather cry we have insane burst instead of learning how to prevent us from having that burst.

Edited by exphryl

Why the BH nerf i dont see one thing that needs a nerf other than that blasted skill suckerpunch tracer missile i dont want to have a cd cause i use it in flashpoints where you have to pound down a big boss so why nerf it?:confused: imo they should leave the class as is i find that it just good and the only thing that would need fixing is an interrupt give the merc at least one interrupt cause we cant use jet boost on a boss.:mad:

Knowing BW, they are re-evaluating our strong defensive cooldowns

(Yes, this is sarcasm, but sadly It wouldn't surprise me...)

Knowing BW, stupid people don't use every tool at their disposal to counter classes, so BH needs to be nerfed. Sucks.

I really felt like this class is about where it should be. I hope they're not nerfing Powertechs. :(

It's probably a Tracer Missile nerf, because that's what people cry about the most. Although, that would require a buff in another area. And I don't have enough faith in Bioware to do that.

Wow you are ignorant. Flame Burst instantly re-applies a burn, IM also applies a burn from a-far. Both are spammable and have no CD, FB is one of our best damaging abilities. So it's FB(Cleansed)->FB->RS->RP or another FB(Cleanse Burn)->FB

So....you fail.

Bounty Hunters can tank,heal,ranged dps and semi-ranged dps, I wouldn't make any assumptions on what the nerfs will exactly target as of yet, but my guess is tracer spam and Pyrotech's incredibly high burst and possible sustained damage(with procs on rail)