Consular or Knight- which makes more sense as an older (late 20s) padawan?

BloodForSanta

Neither really, since they come to Coruscant not really knowing anything about the battle of Coruscant.

Also both are considered prodigies so the odds of them still being a padawan in their late 20s is near nil.

That being said, they do not say when the JK joined the order as far as I remember, so you could probably cook up a backstory/head canon where they joined the order late.

The JC is stated as being "stronger in the Force at 6 years old than I was at 16 (Yuon)" so can't do that for them.

So I guess JK?

The JC is stated as being "stronger in the Force at 6 years old than I was at 16 (Yuon)" so can't do that for them.

"stronger in the Force at four years old than I was at fifteen", but yes.

My view is that of the four Force-user classes, the least ill-suited(1) to starting in late 20s is the Inquisitor. It is in no way clear what age the Inq is, especially since he/she was picked up in a new "drive for sheer numbers" (to quote Overseer Tremel) as a Force-sensitive slave.

(1) None of them are really well-suited to it, but "initially late 20s" works OK with Inq. The two Jedi stories are predicated on the character being a prodigy (and therefore young, probably 18-20), as noted, while the Sith Warrior is described in the opening cinematic as being on Korriban "ahead of schedule". To me, that says that the Warrior is also probably on the young end.

"stronger in the Force at four years old than I was at fifteen", but yes.

My view is that of the four Force-user classes, the least ill-suited(1) to starting in late 20s is the Inquisitor. It is in no way clear what age the Inq is, especially since he/she was picked up in a new "drive for sheer numbers" (to quote Overseer Tremel) as a Force-sensitive slave.

(1) None of them are really well-suited to it, but "initially late 20s" works OK with Inq. The two Jedi stories are predicated on the character being a prodigy (and therefore young, probably 18-20), as noted, while the Sith Warrior is described in the opening cinematic as being on Korriban "ahead of schedule". To me, that says that the Warrior is also probably on the young end.

Overseer Harkun, Tremel is from the Warrior story, otherwise agreed. From the perspective of the Jedi classes, at least my interpretion of it, the Consular is the younger of the two at the start of the story, but both are implied to be rather young (late teens or early twenties). If you're trying to go for a slightly older character, even one that is in their latter teen years during the Sacking of Coruscant, I think the Knight works best.

Remember that the Sacking of Coruscant takes place 10 years prior to the start of the class story. A character who was 14~16 during the Sacking would be 24~26 when they arrive on Tython. An adult during the Sacking could be in their 30's at the start of the class story.

No, the line "a drive for sheer numbers" is definitely Tremel. He says it when discussing Vemrin.

Why did he disliked Vemrin again? He looked very human to me and humans are the dominant race in the empire.

But I do not think either the knight or the consular could be adults during the battle of coruscant. That being said you can have 4 other classes that can make sense as being adults back then. Granted only 1 is an force users among them but there is that.

Why did he disliked Vemrin again? He looked very human to me and humans are the dominant race in the empire.

But I do not think either the knight or the consular could be adults during the battle of coruscant. That being said you can have 4 other classes that can make sense as being adults back then. Granted only 1 is an force users among them but there is that.

To quote Tremel "He is of mixed blood." which, at least to me, indicates that he war born from an union of a human and a near-human/ alien (it isn´t specified). It could also be due Vemrin coming from Balmorra which is a world conquered by the Empire, rather than being an integral part of the Empire like Dromund Fels, Ziost etc.

None. At launch the dev team confirmed that all the characters were 18 at the start of their class story with one year between each chapter making them 21 at the end of chapter three.

Hm i could see most of the FU classes as being between 18 and 23 at the begining, but the NFU classes seem older than that to me, more between 25-30, they sound a bit older and seem to have more experience.

But the only FU class i could see as a bit older than the other is the SI, but even then, i'd not see them older than 30 at the begining of the class story.

I'd say the JK seems a bit younger than the JC to me (at the very least female JK sounds the youngest of all PCs to me, but i play in french and voices are different)

None. At launch the dev team confirmed that all the characters were 18 at the start of their class story with one year between each chapter making them 21 at the end of chapter three.

Really even the smuggler? He has an ship and well payed smuggling operation at 18? He is wow.

We'll need a citation for that. I'm pretty sure they deliberately didn't say how old they were so people could RP how they wanted.

It also makes 0 sense for some of the PCs to start the game at 18 (basically all the NFU)

I can possibly see the smuggler (if he say, inherited his ship from family that might have died in the wars).

But for the trooper to already be a sergeant at 18? I'm not buying that.

That makes so much sense especially since he graduated an military academy which was said quite an lot and was praised for being the best of the best an couple of times.

That being said without the academy info to make things more sure he is over 18 there where soldiers under 18 who gained the rank of sergeant by lying about their age and joining the military and doing very well.