When can you get your first crew skill?

Nmaharg

Depending on whether you can take the shuttle to the Fleet Station before finishing your class quest (you could in Beta on Bounty Hunters - not your personal starship, public shuttle) then you can get your crew skills but you won't be able to use them other than gathering nor drop them til you get your first crewmember.

It helped level my gathering skill to the next tier during beta but not sure if its still possible.

Edited by SysOpPsyche

Sadly no. You get your ship when you're done with your class quest line on the capitol planet. Probably around level 14-16.

At least, this was true during the thanksgiving beta weekend. I rushed a Sith Warrior through that quest chain on Dromund Kass and took off in my own ship at level 14. It was a very close call though, as I was nearly killed several times, and was in mid-flight to Tatooine whe*connection lost*

Thanks, We get our ship at L10 as well eh?

I have seen people having their ship at lvl 15. However this can only be achieved by rushing your story quest.

There are four negative parts on this:

- The final quests of your story up to the ship will be very hard.

- You will not have the optional quests for the area the final quests of your story take place.

- You will most likely miss half of your story because you are rushing

- You will not really be able to use it, as the next area you can go to (by ship) will be lvl 18-20ish.

If you level as planned (e.g. by doing the optional quests) you will leave the capital city around lvl 18.