Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

ObiJuanShenobi

I have to agree the gear desparity between those starting out and those that bw gave advantage too at the start aka Empire shoudl be fixed make a gear cap otherwise you take a game of skill and make it gear up and win. I really dont care if this means imps only fight imps thats a sad story. I think you will find fewer players if there isnt something done at the end of the day i dread my characters reaching 50 cause its just a long month long process of losing till you get gear it shouldnt bee that way there should be some competitveness to the whole thing not a grind fest. Grinding for pvp gear makes me want to quit it should be that it helps some but not that it controls every aspect of the game. It should make you feel better but not be so over the top that you cant even hurt the enemy. i wish the pvp stat was gone all together its a stat that is over the top and makes the game unenjoyable.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CH was very rationale and reasonable in his post. No need for you to get all aggro and bent dude. Come correct and show some class.

My sincerest apologies if my harsh words offended anyone but please stick to the main topic. I would still like for someone to explain the downfalls of the 3 Solutions that were stated (Cross Realm Function, Adequate Matchmaking, Split queues). I repeat, beyond losing the opportunity for a Premade to be mismatched against a Pug the system allows for a more competitive, robust, and fair environment while allowing a new possibility, a much bigger pool for Ranked matches. This new system not only satisfies Pugs as they no longer have to suffer through mismatched games against better coordinated pre-made teams but gives the pre-mades a larger pool from which to be matched against each other. One sided games would still happen, but much less frequently as no Premades would be involved in the Pug bracket. If a one sided game occurs in the Premade Bracket, it can be blamed on the team and then as so many of your Premades suggest, "Get better." But honestly if matchmaking is adequately tended to, even these matches will be rare. The details of course would entail a safety measure to ensure no queue grows to preposterous in time, by then filling the missing holes with Pugs but first and foremost searching for Premade Vs Premade competition as well as Pug Vs Pug competition. There is no denying our current system is not doing a very good job at it.

Our current system is a one sided dysfunctional pony. It does a poor job at satisfying everyone, now no system will do this admittedly, but the proposed 3 Function system does a much better job at it than our current one. If you disagree, please explain why and provide a better solution.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

Let me ask this question: IF a severe punishment was instituted when you leave a WZ, wouldnt people just:

1. hide/sit in a remote location in a wz (or node hug and just avoid contact until wz is over)

2. leave the wz, and log in an alt until buff wears off on other character.

#2 can be prevented by making the debuff account-wide. However, cant see how #1 could be enforced, especially if the perpetrator is moving around and not subject to the immobile vote off...

I thought about premades vs pugs / quitters problems. I have read some threads on forums, and know arguments of both sides. I came up with a conclusion, that the MAIN REASON of players leaving wzs / wzs being are too dominated by premades is LACK OF PLAYERS SKILL.

It is lack of skill / organisation / playing for objectives which makes most ppl leave, as they see that they will accomplish nothing by staying / grouping with them.

Therefore, if you could somehow improve overall playebase's pvp skills - it would reduce number of quitters, and (at least to some extent) make premades vs pugs more enjoyable / less roflstomping experience.

There are guides / videos on the net about how each wz should be played, what are objectives etc, but in my opinion, mostly people dont care and won't bother searching for it.

I can propose 2 things, which, if implemented in game, could make pvp more emjoyable - not by separating pugs from premades / punishing players who leave because those solutions simply won't work. What I am proposing is:

1. IMPLEMENT IN GAME VOICE CHAT (maybe it could be usable only in wzs) - This way pug players can at least to some extent communicate with each other - I am sure in every pug you could find at least few players with headphones / microphone who would like to communicate in order to achieve better results. You wouldn't need to install any programme. You could even award people with medal for using voice chat to give another incentive .

Of course I dont know if it is technically possible to do, but if yes, it is worth considering, and gives pugs a solid help versus premades + more communication between players is highly recommendable in mmo games.

2. MAKE PVP " TUTORIALS " - Idea is, bioware could add something like [ HEROIC 4] missions, starting from level 10, which HAS TO BE COMPLETED in order to even start queue for pvp at all. Goal of those missions would be gathering 4 people and sending them into certain warzones. Then, they would have to fight with MOBS (being equivalent of enemy players team) and win this warzone. Such mission would require to win a warzone, but, what's most important, would make players learn BASICS of OBJECTIVE playing. For example, warning would appear - ENEMY IS TRYING TO CAPTURE EASTERN EMPLACEMENT - SEND A TEAM TO PROTECT IT, BUT BE SURE TO GUARD OTHER POSTS TOO. Then some ninja mob would escape from stealth after like 10 seconds from this warning and try to capture another (controlled by players ) post, which would teach players not to leave post unguarded. It could in the same way teach about resolve, using guard on healers / ppl getting damage, necessity of keeping enemy players stunned / away, when one of you is planting a bombs etc etc.

I will not write how each of those warzone tutorials should look like, but I hope you see the point.

If those 2 things were in game, I think that overall organisation / objective oriented playing would be in much better shape, therefore drastically reducing numbers of incidents in which someone is failing to do basic things.

Of course it will not eliminate the issue of quitters ( there are many other reaons why people leave) neither it will make pugs vs premades fair matches, but it would definitely help.

I am open to your comments on those propositions;)

Edited by Robbipl

Thank god! BW announced during the Q&A today that they are going to try to fix PVP by having a higher chance of being matched with those around ur gear/expertise level when you que.

no more rated WH vs BM! <----false

Fixed. Don't get your hopes up TOO much on that one.

Thank god! BW announced during the Q&A today that they are going to try to fix PVP by being matched with those around ur gear/expertise level when you que. no more rated WH vs BM!

Sweet.

Do you have a link for that, I'd really like to read it first hand. ^_^ Maybe, just maybe BW has pulled its act together and we'll see some progress.

You actually make a very good point, I didn't think of that. If BW changed the weekly from 9 wins to like 20 games played or something, that'd cut down on the rage quitting by far and wouldn't even need a deserter debuff implemented

Remember when Ilum was a mess but still had quests, and they gave you an alternative way to complete it? There were 4 quests. A daily and a weekly where you had to win so many, and a daily and a weekly where just completing a warzone gave you rewards. But the completion goals were very high (weekly was like 120 points at 3 points per warzone), so you had to do quite a few warzones, and that meant leaving was counterproductive. The only drawback is that defender medals were harder to come by, so the solo guard sometimes got a raw deal.

At any rate, a lot of players feel like this was the best setup for the reward system. Why they took the participation quests away I will never know.

Until I am given the option of excluding certain maps from my PvP queue, I will fully use my right to quit out of the maps I detest.

The thing is, almost nobody minds this kind of quitting. If you take the warzone pop right away and leave immediately if you don't like the map, the team is almost certainly going to get a replacement.

I don't like warzone quitters, used to be a guild rule we never quit warzones. Now it's a recommended guideline.

I quit warzones when the people in them quit playing but stay in the warzone. I'd much rather have someone drop out of a match than sit there and suck or do nothing but complain and do nothing to help take the lead.

At least when the quitters quit you've got a chance of winning if the new guy isn't a quitter too.

Like you I don't like quitters but I've started quitting when we lose 2 nodes (CW and NC) and 2+ members of my team immediately camp our only node for defense medals even though its still possible to win.