Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry about it dude these illogical fools just have sand in their vags

You can't reason with people who think ping is more important than actually playing in a healthy populated server.

first time playing MMO? lmao what do you know having a bad ping? you prolly just some random **** who knows nothing about latency and such or EA just hired you?

if ping is not important, people would already played in US server and there would be no APAC server in the first place. you're statement just reveal how much of a ******* you are. srsly dude, might wanna think again before you post something as stupid as this

Go job on accomplishing nothing. !

hahah yeah goof balls

Like i said b4 remember a petition went around last time about an EAWARE game? how did that turn out? Exactly

You guys are seriously deluded if you think that will change anything :rolleyes:

first time playing MMO? lmao what do you know having a bad ping? you prolly just some random **** who knows nothing about latency and such or EA just hired you?

if ping is not important, people would already played in US server and there would be no APAC server in the first place. you're statement just reveal how much of a ******* you are. srsly dude, might wanna think again before you post something as stupid as this

have toons on both MDN and The Bastion

Ping doesnt affect me at all, LOL you have no choice dude EAWARE have made their decision either play on the US servers or QQ either way your protests wont do anything buddy :rolleyes:

Edited by jackdaley

Actually, the same sense of entitlement the APAC community has...that of a paying subscriber with free access to the forums.

That isn't what he asked. Nice straw man, though. He asked what your agenda is. Have you made over 50 posts in relation to this issue simply as an exercise in free speech? You're just regurgitating the same drivel you have from the very beginning; in other words, a complete waste of time.

Disagreement is not grounds for censure; feel free to be argumentative all you want, but until Bioware institutes an official "APAC Rant Thread" I will continue to feel free to point out that irrational emotional reactions are, in fact, irrational emotional reactions that ignore some basic realities.

I'm glad you gave us all the green light to be as "argumentative as we want". On a mission to cure the SWTOR forums of "irrational emotional reactions"...What are you? A friggin Vulcan? It's the internet. If you want an uphill (and worthwhile) battle, go find a cure for cancer.

Venting is fine.

Phew. Thanks for that.

Quite frankly I have lobbed my fair share of criticism at Bioware and EA over the last year, but a number of you are taking it too far.

It's only "too far" when a moderator deems it as such. All you're serving to do is further inflame emotions. In effect, your presence here with your incessant and self-righteous posts are doing nothing to encourage level-headed thinking.

I am merely pointing out that yes, there is likely a clear, predictable, and realistic financial basis to this decision that unfortunately means APAC does not fit into EA's overall design plans for this title in anything but an ancillary market.

And how many times do you need to do this? Do you start to twitch if your posts aren't featured on every page of this thread? You've made your point, now kindly bugger off.

If the game means so much to you that multiple days worth of "venting" on the forums is an emotional necessity, find a way to adapt to the latency issues and play on the NA servers.

No, because there are still perfectly valid concerns here. One of which is the option to transfer to the servers of our choice...not mass dumping onto NA counterpart servers. That's just EA apathy all over.

Huttball reset capture?

Getting sap capped and interupting it before the end of the cap?

Planting doors on voidstar?

All these will be effected by ping.

Yes of course. Exactly by how much is an individual case. For some it will be game-breaking through no fault of their own. But that does not mean that will be the case for all. Such a simple point I'm trying to make, do not understand this hostility.

So EA are treating us like scum.

We think they are thieves.

Anyone else think it's incredibly ironic that the new operation is called " Scum & Villany " (sp)

Maybe it should be EA & APAC.

This is just a cruel move on their part.

Good Luck all where ever your next stop is.

Alkemmi

You're just regurgitating the same drivel you have from the very beginning; in other words, a complete waste of time.

And how many times do you need to do this? Do you start to twitch if your posts aren't featured on every page of this thread? You've made your point, now kindly bugger off.

Can you please tell this to those who have repeatedly posted the same thing (some posters are just now copying and pasting their posts to bump the thread) in this thread and spawning new threads/necroing old threads, making wild claims about how unplayable the game is for all and how impossible it will be for "high end" PVP and Ops?

You nor they are no more entitled to have a monopoly on this thread than the guy you are criticizing.

Yes of course. Exactly by how much is an individual case. For some it will be game-breaking through no fault of their own. But that does not mean that will be the case for all. Such a simple point I'm trying to make, do not understand this hostility.

it will be no fault of their own it will be EAwares and seeing this isn't what people paid for they should not go ahead with it. 1 SINGLE APAC server, I will keep subbing if it happens, if it doesn't I'll just go free to play and start RP'ing (don't need to sub to roleplay) and stop doing operations.

Had a quick look at some of the comments on the petition... even the few Americans who have signed it say they prefer APAC servers because the North American one's are full of Jerks

A Canadian prefers APAC because we speak English... not Yank

LOL

KEEP THE FAITH... AND HOPEFULLY A MERGED APAC SERVER... SIGN THE PETITION AT THE BELOW LINK

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1.html

Had a quick look at some of the comments on the petition... even the few Americans who have signed it say they prefer APAC servers because the North American one's are full of Jerks

A Canadian prefers APAC because we speak English... not Yank

LOL

KEEP THE FAITH... AND HOPEFULLY A MERGED APAC SERVER... SIGN THE PETITION AT THE BELOW LINK

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-apac-servers-for-swtor-available-and-merge-them-into-1.html

This will be EAWARES respone

:jawa_biggrin:

I don't see how hard/expensive it would be just to keep one carebear PvE server online in Australia...

And then free transfers will let the players decide properly.

Doing the server consolidations last year saved EA US$9 million dollars in server and related costs over a 3-month period...do the math. It's not a small amount.

Edited by iheartnyc

Funny, the very 'jerks' on the NA Servers are all here with us now, being ignored and blissfully indulging in their stupidity as they troll. Bioware, look at them and see reason.

LOL ... What he said...

PETITION JUST HIT 420

Can you please tell this to those who have repeatedly posted the same thing (some posters are just now copying and pasting their posts to bump the thread) in this thread and spawning new threads/necroing old threads, making wild claims about how unplayable the game is for all and how impossible it will be for "high end" PVP and Ops?

While I don't agree with some of the things my fellow APAC migrants have said, I can at least see the reasoning behind it. There are still perfectly valid issues to be addressed, and the outrage is somewhat justified.

You nor they are no more entitled to have a monopoly on this thread than the guy you are criticizing.

Here's the big difference: if something of this nature had been thrust upon the European servers, you wouldn't find these enraged APAC posters on the European threads rubbing their faces in it - or denying them the right to voice their collective outrage. Soon this thread will go the way of the Dodo. The likes of IceHawk and co. should be smart enough to know this and just leave well alone. His relentless posting achieves nothing.

And I'm yet to come anywhere close to 'monopolising' this thread.

Mood on Master D is so depressing, population dropped significantly, and people are clearing out toons in order to leave.

Such a shame, if your going to reverse this decision bioware, do it soon

So dropping from 10 people on the fleet to 4, and bioware offering a merge to a populated server is a bad thing? :confused: