RNGesus is not kind

NeoBlakkrstal

I would like to describe a frustrating situation that occurs all to often in SWTOR. Today, I opened 70 Tier 3 command crates, 42 of them on one toon, and in all those boxes, again a total of 70, I received exactly 2 pieces of tier 3 equipment. In addition I would also like to point out that the same toon that opened those 42 command crates, and is now lvl 227 in command rank, is also still sporting several pieces of tier 1 equipment, because the drop rate is so low that it is nearly impossible to acquire a complete set of tier gear before reaching the next tier. This is ridiculous, and leads to severe frustration with the grind. When you spend hours and hours grinding away at something, only to receive little, or no reward at all, this makes you not want to bother at all. Please, either scrap the RNG system completely, or seriously increase the drop rate of tier appropriate gear in the command crates. In addition, you might want to consider upping, astronomically, the amount of unassembled components being distributed during PvP. If it is your attention that multiple sources be used to acquire gear, then increase the reward for doing so. I would also like to suggest, in the event the current system continues on, which I fear is highly likely, Please fix it so that if you are given a duplicate piece of tier gear from the crates, or given a piece that you do not wish to use, allow the players to swap that piece for a piece that they do want/need.

You should all play Bloodbowl some time. You'll know what pain is then.

This RNGesus iteration is the most beneficent entity ever created in comparison.

There's always something worse out there. Doesn't make this better. It's like choosing between two diseases...I'd rather just be healthy really.

Wow.

The mood on this forum really is crappy isn't it.........glass is completely empty even when it's full.

That's cause there isn't enough red wine to cope with the state of the game. Everytime I try to fill the glass it's already empty. I stopped trying to fill the glass. Now I just pop the cork and stick a straw in the bottle to drown out my swtor misery 😉

Edited by Totemdancer

You certainly know how to exacerbate it.

Should we stop or would you rather we play word tennis for a bit longer?

So you think this replies makes it better or worse again?

How about we try something different... Answer me this: Do you think that your original reply was a positive reply or could you possible fathom that it may make the op feel like you don't take his disappointment seriously?

That's how it sounded to me and so I don't feel you have any ground to stand on.

So you think this replies makes it better or worse again?

How about we try something different... Answer me this: Do you think that your original reply was a positive reply or could you possible fathom that it may make the op feel like you don't take his disappointment seriously?

That's how it sounded to me and so I don't feel you have any ground to stand on.

I was making a statement that it could be worse. You then piled in with your disease analogy completely taking it out of context. My first post was an aside, yours was DOOOOM.

Who's being more negative? The guy who makes a glib remark or the guy comparing things to diseases.

Just as a further aside, I hate RNGs too. But it could be worse. The game has far more issues than a screwy RNG.

In fact the mistake I've made is coming to this forum in the first place as a two month old player and allowing myself to be caught up in the misery.

I'm not going to bother with arguing with you further as going from what I've seen you seem intent on popping at everyone. Consider it a victory if you wish.

I would like to describe a frustrating situation that occurs all to often in SWTOR. Today, I opened 70 Tier 3 command crates, 42 of them on one toon, and in all those boxes, again a total of 70, I received exactly 2 pieces of tier 3 equipment. In addition I would also like to point out that the same toon that opened those 42 command crates, and is now lvl 227 in command rank, is also still sporting several pieces of tier 1 equipment, because the drop rate is so low that it is nearly impossible to acquire a complete set of tier gear before reaching the next tier. This is ridiculous, and leads to severe frustration with the grind. When you spend hours and hours grinding away at something, only to receive little, or no reward at all, this makes you not want to bother at all. Please, either scrap the RNG system completely, or seriously increase the drop rate of tier appropriate gear in the command crates. In addition, you might want to consider upping, astronomically, the amount of unassembled components being distributed during PvP. If it is your attention that multiple sources be used to acquire gear, then increase the reward for doing so. I would also like to suggest, in the event the current system continues on, which I fear is highly likely, Please fix it so that if you are given a duplicate piece of tier gear from the crates, or given a piece that you do not wish to use, allow the players to swap that piece for a piece that they do want/need.

Dont spend hours grinding away at cxp when you know the chance for gear is RNG.

GC isnt intended to gear you up at your expected pace.

You have a flawed view of the loot system.

In fact, you can do stuff in game that will give you the exact legendary item slot you want while also getting cxp (without grinding) and end up with twice as many legendary items.

Edited by olagatonjedi

You should all play Bloodbowl some time. You'll know what pain is then.

This RNGesus iteration is the most beneficent entity ever created in comparison.

I have the case for the Dark Elves Edition about 2 feet to my right as I type this because I played it this week instead of logging in to swtor.

:eek:

I was making a statement that it could be worse. You then piled in with your disease analogy completely taking it out of context. My first post was an aside, yours was DOOOOM.

Who's being more negative? The guy who makes a glib remark or the guy comparing things to diseases.

Just as a further aside, I hate RNGs too. But it could be worse. The game has far more issues than a screwy RNG.

In fact the mistake I've made is coming to this forum in the first place as a two month old player and allowing myself to be caught up in the misery.

I'm not going to bother with arguing with you further as going from what I've seen you seem intent on popping at everyone. Consider it a victory if you wish.

So it's a contest about who's worse now is it? So if you think your comment is not as bad as mine then you are the good guy or something? That's some defective reasoning.

I will also note that you didn't actually answer the question but just avoided it to turn the blame on me to hide your own responsibility. I suggest worrying less about what I say and more about what you say yourself. In the end, the only thing that is exarcebating the situation is you overreacting to my comment and making some sort of holy crusade out of it. (see how I exaggerated that right back at you...don't take it too literally ok).

There is no victory for me here. I just wanted you to understand that you have yourself to blame for negativity just as much as anybody else and that you thereby are not entitled to pointing fingers. This isn't about winning some argument, I couldn't care less about that. I just wish people wouldn't overreact and then start going all holy on me as if they are the symbol of purity.

None of us are saints and that means neither am I. The only victory I would be interested in is you acknowledging that you're not a saint either but winning an argument is winning nothing.

Edited by Tsillah