Delete Sorc DPS or Fix it

BraverDre

Sorc dps and end game content are antonyms in this game. People who still play sorcs dps in ranked pvp and NiM must reroll or they will always feel like they are beeing carried. The only places whre sorcs shine are AOE/adds fights but whocares... Edited by BraverDre

Sorc dps and end game content are antonyms in this game. People who still play sorcs dps in ranked pvp and NiM must reroll or they will always feel like they are beeing carried. The only places whre sorcs shine are AOE/adds fights but whocares...

I will answer on Bioware's behalf. "Learn to play"

End of thread

Sorc dps and end game content are antonyms in this game. People who still play sorcs dps in ranked pvp and NiM must reroll or they will always feel like they are beeing carried. The only places whre sorcs shine are AOE/adds fights but whocares...

Feelsbadman

There is a sage DPS in my guild who has done 21/26 on a sage DPS, certainly was not carried.

I call bull on all of these “Sorcs are so useless!!” threads. I thought the same thing a while ago, but you know what I did after that? I spent more time with it and figured out how to properly play the class. Sorc/Sage is now my favorite class in the game. This is largely a L2P issue.

I call bull on all of these “Sorcs are so useless!!” threads. I thought the same thing a while ago, but you know what I did after that? I spent more time with it and figured out how to properly play the class. Sorc/Sage is now my favorite class in the game. This is largely a L2P issue.

Bla bla bla it underperforms and those who say L2P cant admit it. Pfff my dps on sorc is 9.8k and what u gonna say? Dummy means nothing? U are so boring guys. I hope bioware just delete the sorc dps classes cuz everybody knows that its dps is trash. I stopped playing sorc and I am glad I did it. People always salty when there is a sorc dps in the group cuz no matter how good the player is the class is broken.

Snipers and mercs have more dps as well as deffs

Edited by BraverDre

I don't know why a single spec or class is worth the effort personally. If every game got rid of the lowest performing portion of its game all the time.... then there would be no such thing as gaming period. How long would the NFL have lasted if each year they deleted the team with the lowest record? There wouldn't be an NFL. Eventually by your logic even your new found beloved sniper and merc specs would be on the chopping block.

I hope you treat the people in your life better than the classes in your games. Can you imagine everytime someone doesn't perform to your standards completely writing them out? No chance to change or let others grow around them... just snip them out and cast them into the flame. Sounds like a life of misery waiting to happen.

Luckily this is just a game and our compulsive behaviors toward games have 0 chance of reflecting a bit of who we really are.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of telling people thy need L2P.

1 ad a link to a good rotation

2 ad a link to a good site who showes how to ditribute your stats.

I realy love to playe my sorc but rarly do becous i havent find any that i think is useful information on how to gere and playe him.

Sorry for my bad english and gramar

Edited by Morteficare

Instead of telling people thy need L2P.

1 ad a link to a good rotation

2 ad a link to a good site who showes how to ditribute your stats.

I realy love to playe my sorc but rarly do becous i havent find any that i think is useful information on how to gere and playe him.

Sorry for my bad english and gramar

Since you weren't specific in your game focus, based on your wording I am going to assume that you are talking about endgame PvE. Aside from the fact that there is already a lot of info out there on how to gear, there is also parsely.io which you can look at to see how the best players perform on dummy and in raid. And this is completely a L2P issue. There are a number of NiM raiders who have cleared all of the content, timed runs included, as sorc dps, Mac and I being 2 such people. It's easy to complain about how class balance isn't fair to cover up your own shortcomings, but the reality of the situation is that this class is completely capable of pulling its weight in all NiM fights so if you can't then it is your fault and not the class's.

As far as ranked PvP goes, I will not speak to that because I do not play that particular aspect of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
How exactly does this "Heal to Full" work?

Hmm, let me try to think of something.

So, what would "work" : sit under barrier with the nerfed heal utility, take that time to pray to the Gods from the Crit Machine, when it ends, use medpac, Unnatural preservation and hopefully get off a Force Leech. SHOULD be enough for almost a H2F if you crit on everything.

That's it, sorc can H2F easily and reliably, sorc is a god of PvP.

PLS NERF!

Edited by Equeliber

• 1 month later...

i dunno about sorcs dont seen the much anymore on the imp side

but rep side omg all sagas in pvp and we lose big time

they work like a team and buff and heal ea other some are healers some are dps

its just fighting a big iron wall that we can't get true

and if imps only play skank tank then you dont come far vs so 5 sagas

if there is only 1 saga then yes they are doomed but so 5 sagas in a field you have your hands full

maby a good idee to try that on the imp side ??

only 1 problem you cant kill ea other so fast anymore :p

Longtime returning player, hello everyone.

People still complain about the fact that the "dibz" is low on sage/sorc dps trees.

Devs still defend their position on terms of utility and rdps concept.

%5 below doesn't make you the worst dps doesn't make you the worst dps on team as long as you do your job (or you can do your job with all the interrupts) properly.

Having a utility skill that you use to stop dpsing doesn't justify this lack of design dps since you lose dps using that utility most of the time anyway resulting even in worse dps.

So both parties are wrong ?

Nobody talks about what really causes this drop. Engine restrictions and casting delays due to latencies.

Also rotation got more instant casts, it means more bugs and delays if you cast a skill after an instant.

Walking cast changes are great though and rotation now feels really fluid. We shall see how it is as we participate on more raids :D.

All the best.

i think players think that dps is everything in this game but its not so saga/sorc nerf a bit in dps so i quit them -.-

so far i test saga ( balance tree ) i see this class is a very good alround class

that class can do a bit of everything not op but very good to turn the tide

https://image.ibb.co/cYDm9c/Screenshot_2018_03_19_22_27_57_593855.jpg

pic of unranked pvp am not yet 70 but as you can see am Zeborah btw am first place

i use all things to get very high score and not only killing others and that it

i test this class out what i can do in dps healing and defending also objectives

for me its not about raw dps

as you can see the top 4 are 3 sagas and most pvp i do am always in the top 5

and am by far not a pro pvp player and am sure i get my *** kicked many times

but i try to make the most use of a class and not focus only on dps

sorry for my english

My favorite characters are my SORC/SAGE.

I have a set of 248 gear that I share with them. I use my sorc/sage for pve content, I don't pvp and have no intention of starting. You want to pvp and your chosen character (meaning you) sucks at it, then it sucks to be you.:D:D:D:D:D:D

"I don't always drink alcoholic beverages, but when I do...I drink Sith Pale Ale...stay evil my friends"