The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Couldn't agree more. My tank's ignore list is chocka-block full of juggernauts and marauders for doing this. I can't stand it. Will immediately /ignore, and depending on how much I liked others in group, would initiate vote kick or drop group.

And I have a fully geared annihilation marauder (ie, berserk +damage, ravage +damage) I know how infuriating it is when the tank seems to literally wait until my 30 stacks go before he pulls, but the tank is the tank, we go at his pace.

Agreed, I have a watchman sent and a little bit of friendly complaint over focus/centering is all well and good but I'm certainly not going to go around pulling to save that so stuff like Merciless or Juyo stacks I definitely don't mind dropping between packs.

Edited by WooliestWorm

I just had a Group Finder FP run with a player queued as Damage. (this was Republic side, translations provided for Imperial players reference frame)

He was a Shadow (Assassin), spec'd Kinetic Combat (Darkness), using Combat Technique (Dark Charge). Every single pull, from start to finish, his rotation was:

• stand 10 yards away
  • use Telekinetic Throw (Force Lightning) on cooldown
  • use Project (Shock) on cooldown
  • use Force Breach (Discharge) on cooldown
  • maintain Kinetic Ward (Dark Ward) religiously at 15 charges
  • stand there and do nothing else in-between these 4 cooldowns

Watching someone with a double-bladed lightsaber and rocks swirling around them stand outside melee range, never once swing their saber, and spam weak rock attacks was... really, really weird.

Damage was agonizingly low, fights took forever, but at least we had a Guardian DPS who really, really knew her stuff and carried us through (just barely) on tighter fights.

Naturally, he won all 3 pieces of Willpower gear that dropped. -.-

~~~

Anyway, I don't want to be negative and bashing or insulting confused players here. Instead, I'd just like to hear your stories about bizarre / crazy people you meet in Group Finder (or other groups) who make you go :confused: "Huh?? What?!" when you watch them playing.

It's honestly very cute / amusing, except when it gets you killed by enrage timers, etc. :p

so a tank comes in group finder as damage and did less damage than anyone else ironically?

I honestly would have voted to kick the moment I saw that idiot, or at the very least yelled in chat.

I admit I got road rage issues when it comes to getting people like that.:rak_01:

Singularity is part of focus/smash spec. Pulling because your PvP-centred build relies on a short-lived resource is a double sin for PvE content. Read back through the thread and find all the posts from tanks annoyed at precisely this behaviour. You sir, are one of the reasons I will drop queue and requeue after adding any dps jugg or guardian to ignore while playing a tank or healer.

I'm not one of those that chain pulls because "oh noez I only have three seconds left over on my stack for the next pull." That is just derpy.

Try "We all arrive at the pull. Tank does ready check. Everyone is ready, I pop enrage for the stacks. THEN the tank sits there and picks his nose without comment just waiting for my stacks to expire. And the healer is wondering why the tank hasn't pulled yet."

I've never died pulling a trash mob as DPS in a FP. Ever. Because I do know to save it for cases where the tank is being oblivious and/or obtuse. (To say nothing of the times I've interceded/AOE taunted off healer because the tank is too busy tunnel visioning a single elite.)

Tanks are not infallible. And if you don't believe my DPS character, maybe my healer ought to regale you with the tales! :D

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Ppl in Fp are only temporary. Should it have seen the last guild I was in...a bunch of ****-phobics and races. Never thought I would find such idiocrasies in a MMO game.

Anyway, I don't want to be negative and bashing or insulting confused players here. Instead, I'd just like to hear your stories about bizarre / crazy people you meet in Group Finder (or other groups) who make you go :confused: "Huh?? What?!" when you watch them playing.

It's honestly very cute / amusing, except when it gets you killed by enrage timers, etc. :p

I then tell the tank that he shouldn't jump in at 65% health and he replies

"fuk up" (verbatim).

I must have been too tired as I had run a half marathon earlier in the day and I took it as a direct verbal insult to me so I told him "if that's the way you want to put it, I'm out. Cya later". That was the first time I had ever quit a Flashpoint.

Looking back, I was being too precious ... oh well. Apologies to that group. I ended up with another group for Mando Raiders. It was fun and everyone was supportive ("ask if you have questions"). No wipes.

Not really, sounds to me like he was blaming you for his death because you messed up, not him. I'd have left too. Course, I have 0% idiot tolerance most days. I give them one chance, and a comment like he said, that was their chance, they didn't take it. I quit (or vote kick if I think the other players would agree)

And I have a fully geared annihilation marauder (ie, berserk +damage, ravage +damage) I know how infuriating it is when the tank seems to literally wait until my 30 stacks go before he pulls, but the tank is the tank, we go at his pace.

Not sure how it works for anni, but for combat (rage IIRC), my ooc heal generates stacks. If the tank is taking his time I just hit that whenever it's at the halfway mark. Don't care too much about focus generation, leap + zealous will get me right where I need to be for most (all?) fights.

Not sure how it works for anni, but for combat (rage IIRC), my ooc heal generates stacks. If the tank is taking his time I just hit that whenever it's at the halfway mark. Don't care too much about focus generation, leap + zealous will get me right where I need to be for most (all?) fights.

Combat = carnage, and it's the only spec that gets that.

Just had a lvl 54 Assassin Tank on Lost Island HM last night that gave us a good laugh. I was on my lvl 52 Merc healer. Tank throws a guard on me. I mention that it might be better on the lvl 55 Marauder, but we start the FP anyways.

On the first boss (flying one,) tank looses aggro on the boss and all adds. Boss attacks the merc DPS (merc used threat reducer: it didn't help) while I have to keep the adds off of myself with the help of the marauder. I ask the tank afterwards why she didn't taunt: first she replies that Taunt is only for Juggernaughts, and then after I said that I meant "Mind Control," she said that she did use that as his opener. Why she didn't use it in the next minute is beyond me.

Second boss: even with me using Power Surge and SCG, the tank dies within 10 seconds even before the DPS can finish the adds. The rest survive 30 seconds and we rez. He complains that the DPS didn't kill the adds fast enough and that I was taking too much damage, which transferred half to him. I replied that she was mistaken on both the DPS and the guard, but said that it might be because she is an Assassin and they are spiky. Soon after, she starts again and dies within 20 seconds, this time because the merc pulls aggro off of the boss. We all die almost immediately after and we all rez.

At this point, I decided to check out his gear. She has all high Strength gear with no Willpower and nothing in his offhand. I mention that she should have a shield in his offhand; she replies that she needs two hands to use his lightsaber and that Juggs could use shield generators because their lightsabers only needed one hand. I then mention thats he should not use Strength, but Willpower: she mention that she doesn't use Force powers much and mostly lightsaber melee moves and that Strength increases melee. The other Merc states that Willpower is used for melee, to which the Assassin replied that as the tank, she doesn't need to do damage: just mitigate damage. She jumps to the boss immediately after saying this, we die, and kick him from the group.

The marauder said after that he "had to go" and us two Mercs get out Skadge and Blizz and get past that boss and through to the next boss and wait for 10 mins for a tank then give up.

EDIT: Indicated that I was lvl 52 to get my first point across better. Cleaned up he/she: whoever it was was playing a female. Clarified / added a few points (underlined) due to AlrikFassbauer's responses.

Edited by Bstr

Had an interesting one tonight where the tank refused to go on until I recited the Welsh national anthem. I mean it didn't take me more than a minute, but I found it kinda funny. (I am Welsh by the by, wasn't just completely random)

Apart from that a mostly uneventful night, except having the rare fantastic group just now. 3 same-guild (v. good geared tank + jugg dps, newly dinged healer) and me, on my mara this time. Czerka Meltdown HM

Off the bat, everyone said their hellos (as you may know, this is an important starter for me :rak_03: )

And then explained that the healer had just hit 55 and they were gearing (23k operative). Everyone was fantastic, polite, fun. They even asked whether we should need or greed on the blue czerka rep drops.

Cleared instance in about 15 mins, bosses went down without a single hitch and very rapidly. (I miss using my mara, and with a great jugg dps things died in seconds)

Just all round, the opposite of what this thread asks for :p But I thought I should mention the great groups as well.

Edited by Kampori

Athiss 55 HMFP.

Met a sentinel. Won't waste time so here it is: she uses freaking "GUARDED BY THE FORCE" in her rotation. Amazing. Unbelievable. I was wondering why is her health going down too fast even when I put bubble on her, then I saw her executing that skill EVERYTIME. EVERY SINGLE TIME WHEN IT'S OFF COOLDOWN. She sacrifices HALF her full health EVERYTIME when it is CLEARLY NOT NEEDED. She sure does love her utility skills, saw her popping inspiration on adds and not bosses.

So I told her politely to stop using the skill. "Can you stop using Guarded by the Force please?" But nope. NOPE. She kept using it so I had to heal the ignorance up to full each time she uses the skill. ***. I don't think she even knows what the skill is called. FFS. Before the final boss I told her again to stop using it, but FRAGGING NO. NO. She kept on using it! YAAAAAAAAAAYYY!

Sigh.

At this point, I decided to check out his gear. He has all high Strength gear with no Willpower and nothing in his offhand. I mention that he should have a shield in his offhand; he replies that he needs two hands to use his lightsaber. I then mention that he should not use Strength, but Willpower: he mention that he doesn't use Force powers and just lightsaber melee moves.

Sounds like role-playing to me.

Just had a lvl 54 Assassin Tank on Lost Island HM last night that gave us a good laugh. I was on my Merc healer. Tank throws a guard on me. I mention that it might be better on the lvl 55 Marauder, but we start the FP anyways.

On the first boss (flying one,) tank looses aggro on the boss and all adds. Boss attacks the merc DPS (merc used threat reducer: it didn't help) while I have to keep the adds off of myself with the help of the marauder. I ask the tank afterwards why he didn't taunt: first he replies that Taunt is only for Juggernaughts, and then after I said that I meant "Mind Control," he said that he did use that as his opener. Why he didn't use it in the next minute is beyond me.

Second boss: even with me using Power Surge and SCG, the tank dies within 10 seconds even before the DPS can finish the adds. The rest survive 30 seconds and we rez. He complains that the DPS didn't kill the adds fast enough and that I was taking too much damage, which transferred half to him. I replied that he was mistaken on both the DPS and the guard, but said that it might be because he is an Assassin and they are spiky. Soon after, he starts again and dies within 20 seconds, this time because the merc pulls aggro off of the boss. We all die almost immediately after and we all rez.

At this point, I decided to check out his gear. He has all high Strength gear with no Willpower and nothing in his offhand. I mention that he should have a shield in his offhand; he replies that he needs two hands to use his lightsaber. I then mention that he should not use Strength, but Willpower: he mention that he doesn't use Force powers and just lightsaber melee moves. The other Merc states that Willpower is used for melee, to which the Assassin replied that as the tank, he doesn't need to do damage: just mitigate damage. He jumps to the boss immediately after saying this, we die, and kick him from the group.

The marauder said after that he "had to go" and us two Mercs get out Skadge and Blizz and get past that boss and through to the next boss and wait for 10 mins for a tank then give up.

How do these people get to 50, much less 54?????? *brain explodes*

Sounds like role-playing to me.

No, it's a stupid player. Has nothing whatsoever to do with being a roleplayer.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Athiss 55 HMFP.

Met a sentinel. Won't waste time so here it is: she uses freaking "GUARDED BY THE FORCE" in her rotation. Amazing. Unbelievable. I was wondering why is her health going down too fast even when I put bubble on her, then I saw her executing that skill EVERYTIME. EVERY SINGLE TIME WHEN IT'S OFF COOLDOWN. She sacrifices HALF her full health EVERYTIME when it is CLEARLY NOT NEEDED. She sure does love her utility skills, saw her popping inspiration on adds and not bosses.

So I told her politely to stop using the skill. "Can you stop using Guarded by the Force please?" But nope. NOPE. She kept using it so I had to heal the ignorance up to full each time she uses the skill. ***. I don't think she even knows what the skill is called. FFS. Before the final boss I told her again to stop using it, but FRAGGING NO. NO. She kept on using it! YAAAAAAAAAAYYY!

Sigh.

Have you checked her stance? If she was focus specced I can understand it.

1. As a focus sent its only 25% HP which makes it a really nice defensive cd. 25% to healup isnt that much (provided the incoming damage would have been higher ofc)

2. Most the time you will get all mobs opn you after the tank pulls (leap, valourus call, zen, smash, masterstrike, bladestorm) Try to tank that, there will be tanks able to hold it, but not many.

And yeah yeah, we should wait for the tank to get aggro blah blah blah ... I have a tank too and dont mind at all to use AoE taunts at trashpacks, it gives me a nice aggrocushion too since appearently the dps could achieve a higher TPS than I could if they overaggro me. Just taunt, get the threat of the DPS + a free bonus et voila.

How do these people get to 50, much less 54?????? *brain explodes*

Levelling is very easy, most of the times you can be underlevelled and undergeared for 3-4 levels with ease. You can finish your classquest at lv 46 with a little effort, as a healer its doable on lv 45 if you are good enough to heal the damage taken by your comp (my last bossfight took 15 minutes on my merchealer because my comp missed almost every attack but I kept him alive).

Flashpoints are severly overrated too. You can duo any lowbe fp with ease. Hell, if your healing comp or you can outheal the damage you can solo it. Some mechanics make it almost impossible to solo ofc (mando raiders; doggy boss as perfect example).

TLDR, being a lowbe is very easy as it should be (god knows how many times I died on my 1st toon).

Edited by fire-breath

Athiss 55 HMFP.

Sigh.

If it happens again, kick them. DPS are easy to find.

Was running CZ Corporate Labs on SM last week to get the Weekly. I'm a well geared 55 Marauder and we have another Marauder, Sorc and Ops heals. Three of us are running through it but the Sorc...every time we come to a group of trash he's trying to give direction.

"Everybody stand over here so we can LoS"

"I can pull then LoS next group."

So on and so forth, the rest of us are pretty much ignoring him. Finally he starts getting angry and going all caps.

"DON"T ATTACK UNTIL EVERYONE HAS ASSIGNMENTS!!"

So I tell him to relax and we all point out that it's SM and we're not really even taking any damage. During the Eradicator fight he finally loses it completely. The other Marauder and I are just standing under the Eradicator going to town and the Ops is throwing us the occasional heal when necessary. That Sorc is going off in chat.

"GET OUT OF WATER WHEN SHIELD IS UP"

"ADDS"

"KILL THE ADDS"

And the Ops goes:

"YOU KILL THE DAMN ADDS"

Eradicator dies, guy gets his loot, calls us a bunch of noobs and drops. We all have a good laugh, Ops gets out a companion and we three-man the rest of the FP.

I disagree. Why ? Because of these points :

he replies that he needs two hands to use his lightsaber.

he mention that he doesn't use Force powers and just lightsaber melee moves.

The first point makes no sense at all, because there are animations explicitely showing this class using 1 hand with that weapon.

The second point points towards a player playing an Assassin who doesn't have any Force at all; an "mundane assassin", so to say.

This might be extremely rare (as it doesn't make much sense anyway), but it might still be a very special way for him to play his character, imho.

Now for something different ... If you encounter characters not moving in FPs AT ALL, it might be due to this bug : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=681357

The first point makes no sense at all, because there are animations explicitely showing this class using 1 hand with that weapon.

The second point points towards a player playing an Assassin who doesn't have any Force at all; an "mundane assassin", so to say.

This might be extremely rare (as it doesn't make much sense anyway), but it might still be a very special way for him to play his character, imho.

I clarified my post earlier. My guess is that she played either KOTOR I or II: she had on multiple pieces from the Mira lore outfit. Double bladed lightsabers in KOTOR needed 2 hands to use; single bladed needed only one. Strength in KOTOR improved melee attacks; Willpower improved force attacks. I'm wondering if that was her first Flashpoint...

On a side note, I ran my Marauder the other day and had a Jugg tank wait for his Saber Ward to be up before attacking each group of mobs. After about the 5th time we asked him to go faster, the Op healer asked me to just tank it (which is not what you want to tell most Marauders :) .)

Edited by Bstr

And yeah yeah, we should wait for the tank to get aggro blah blah blah ... I have a tank too and dont mind at all to use AoE taunts at trashpacks, it gives me a nice aggrocushion too since appearently the dps could achieve a higher TPS than I could if they overaggro me. Just taunt, get the threat of the DPS + a free bonus et voila.

Levelling is very easy, most of the times you can be underlevelled and undergeared for 3-4 levels with ease. You can finish your classquest at lv 46 with a little effort, as a healer its doable on lv 45 if you are good enough to heal the damage taken by your comp (my last bossfight took 15 minutes on my merchealer because my comp missed almost every attack but I kept him alive).

Yes, but we're talking not being underleveled but wearing the wrong gear... do I just suck that much at the game that if I went into combat naked (cause let's face it, that's what you are doing if you have the wrong gear, might as well not be wearing any at all) I'd did more than I do when I am underleveled?

I disagree. Why ? Because of these points :

No, it sounds like He doesn't understand how the game works. There ARE games out there that wouldn't allow you to put anything in the 2nd slot if you are using a two-handed weapon. The double-bladed saber is a two-handed weapon. The Greatsword in Dragon Age is a two-handed weapon. In Dragon Age if you equip a greatsword, that's it. It takes up both slots. BUT, I've seen characters do some one=handed swinging for a few of their skills. It has nothing to do with being a roleplayer that someone would mistake two games by the same company as having the same restriction.

IF he really does know and understand the game mechanics here and is purposely gimping his character like this, then I even more say he's not a roleplayer, he's a stupid player. Maybe one that THINKS he's a roleplayer because of it... but definitely not a roleplayer.

Have you checked her stance? If she was focus specced I can understand it.

1. As a focus sent its only 25% HP which makes it a really nice defensive cd. 25% to healup isnt that much (provided the incoming damage would have been higher ofc)

2. Most the time you will get all mobs opn you after the tank pulls (leap, valourus call, zen, smash, masterstrike, bladestorm) Try to tank that, there will be tanks able to hold it, but not many.

Her stance? Surprise surprise, she's a watchman sentinel in Shii-Cho Form! It's so delightful. Each time she uses that when in full HP, she's down to 50%. I also forgot to mention that in the final fight against that Prophet, she runs into the fire, got burned, uses Guarded by The Force, 4 seconds run out, and she died due to stepping on the floor AOEs. At that time I've had enough, plus being busy cleansing, healing the DoTs and supplementing DPS as a healer. Didn't bother reviving her and proceeded to 3man the Prophet cause I know if I revive her, she's just gonna do that again and it will hurt my heart soooo bad. It's like she didn't even pay attention when fights were being explained and my attempts to politely ask her to stop using that skill....

Her stance? Surprise surprise, she's a watchman sentinel in Shii-Cho Form! It's so delightful. Each time she uses that when in full HP, she's down to 50%. I also forgot to mention that in the final fight against that Prophet, she runs into the fire, got burned, uses Guarded by The Force, 4 seconds run out, and she died due to stepping on the floor AOEs. At that time I've had enough, plus being busy cleansing, healing the DoTs and supplementing DPS as a healer. Didn't bother reviving her and proceeded to 3man the Prophet cause I know if I revive her, she's just gonna do that again and it will hurt my heart soooo bad. It's like she didn't even pay attention when fights were being explained and my attempts to politely ask her to stop using that skill....

Some people just don't want to listen, they deserve a well-earnd place on our ignos.

(Bad players are ok, as long as they listen to advice otherwise I'm not bothering and wasting my time on them)

Was running CZ Corporate Labs on SM last week to get the Weekly. I'm a well geared 55 Marauder and we have another Marauder, Sorc and Ops heals. Three of us are running through it but the Sorc...every time we come to a group of trash he's trying to give direction.

"Everybody stand over here so we can LoS"

"I can pull then LoS next group."

So on and so forth, the rest of us are pretty much ignoring him. Finally he starts getting angry and going all caps.

"DON"T ATTACK UNTIL EVERYONE HAS ASSIGNMENTS!!"

So I tell him to relax and we all point out that it's SM and we're not really even taking any damage. During the Eradicator fight he finally loses it completely. The other Marauder and I are just standing under the Eradicator going to town and the Ops is throwing us the occasional heal when necessary. That Sorc is going off in chat.

"GET OUT OF WATER WHEN SHIELD IS UP"

"ADDS"

"KILL THE ADDS"

And the Ops goes:

"YOU KILL THE DAMN ADDS"

Eradicator dies, guy gets his loot, calls us a bunch of noobs and drops. We all have a good laugh, Ops gets out a companion and we three-man the rest of the FP.

I enjoyed this post, because I remember once getting yelled at for not letting the tank tank on SM....

SM...

Also, unrelated but when you said LoS it reminded me: I recently healed a group on Cad on HM where everyone was decently geared, and for EVERY pull the tank wanted to LoS everything... The content isn't hard, this group can roll through it, and we have to LoS everything because the tank had to have things his way. Sigh.

Last night ran into an oddity on Czerka Corporate labs. Could not get past the eradicator, which is usually straightforward. The healer and tank seemed fine but our group DPS was really low and we wiped twice. Turns out the other DPS was in full tank gear (all shield/defense/absorb). but acting as a DPS When I asked him whether he was a tank or DPS, he said he prefers to be a tank and then quit...seconds AFTER the other tank rage quits. Why he queued as a DPS is beyond me. So the healer and I were stuck and had to call it due to no one in GF joining.