Hard mode ops- need help!

Hey all, my guild have been clearing EV and KP (8 man) for the last few weeks, getting our regular team geared up etc. After finishing KP tonight, we decided to give the hard mode eternity vault a shot- namely because EV was something we breezed through on normal mode and were most familiar with those fights.

However, we can't even get to the first boss on hardmode, because the first trash pull is ridiculous atm. We are sure we're missing a key mechanic here- tanks get destroyed, healers heal and pull aggro, then they die, then the group dies... there is simply far too much damage going on to even get anywhere near clearing this group.

Someone pull my guild out of this misery and point out what we hope will be a fairly simple mechanic we're missing- we're all experienced mmo players, most if not all in full 136 gear, so i refuse to believe its a skill issue.

Things we have tried so far is standing behind one turret to line of sight the other, but it simply shot straight through and again ruined the healers.

Sorry for the wall of text, hope someone has a solution for us :)

I assume he's talking about the 2 turrets

Not sure how much help can be offered here, they have 65k hp in 8man hm, just kill them lol.

if leaping people hit forward as they strike the turret they will be kept up on top, if they fall they should just keep adds off healers while ranged finish the turrets

1 tank and 1 healer on left turret, rest of the group goes to the right turret. Everyone except tanks stands on far side of turret furthest away from the other turret. This is not to LOS the turret, it is to LOS the adds, that way they group up and tank can throw some AOE down and taunt to keep them off the healers. Tank on left turret taunts the turret and tanks it and any adds that come towards his healer. The turrets do 2 things, one is like a cannon blast, this can be tanked. The other is the laser beam and this will always target a random player. Once the first turret is down, AOE down the adds and switch over to the other turret.

Dont feel bad my Ops group wiped a few times before we eventually used this strat, it was still ugly the first time we did it, but it was successful. Each week it just gets easier. Also keep in mind the boss does not pull after the turrets die, so make sure you rez everyone back up and rebuff before pulling the boss.

Edit: You dont necessarily need 2 tanks, my raid happens to run with 2. The person tanking the left side can just go tank stance and should do just fine.

Edited by Dukibritches

Make sure the tank runs in first so other people aren't getting the initial shots. Tank runs to one turret and taunts/does whatever he can.

DPS burn down the other one. Once one turret is dead clean up some adds in the middle as moving to the next one. Kill it, move back a little and rest up for the boss fight.

Also note that you can re-enter the instance when killing these guys...so if you are having trouble and aren't going to kill what or whatever run back to the open area that you come in on and you can stay in combat while people run back...if you wipe it will respawn any turrets you didn't kill.

Here's what we did when we started hard mode after the patch where the turrets became un cc-able. This trick works really well.

There is a large ice pillar to the right of the right turret. Have your group run around behind it to LOS the left turret. You will be out of range of the left turret for the most part but still able to dps the right turret.

Have your tank tank the right turret, have your ranged dps burn it down. Get your melee to hang out by the ice pillar if you need to and just have them kill the adds. They can come out to dps the turret, but they will probably need heals from the left turret. Use aoe heals on the group standing by the ice pillar.

ok thanks for the quick replies :) im one of the healers, in full 136- yes we mean the first trash with the two turrets. the main problem is that i will bubble before the tank runs in (he is also full 136 juggernaut tank with around 20khp) and as we run in with the tank first, when we have to heal him the aggro switches very agressively to the healers, which is the main problem, as after taunts run out we start to drop like flies. will try out the healer-tank combo on one turret and rest of the group on the other, that sort of sounds similar to what we were hinting at but its pretty demoralizing throwing yourself at this and just getting ***** :p on several attempts we got the first turret down but by the time we get close to the second, theres just too much damage going on. again thanks for the help so far :) but sounds like we need to man up a bit and employ the above strategy...