Companions in orange armor

Antonath

Other than the various social outfits, is there any orange armor available for companions? Everything I see on the GTN has class requirements, so is player character only.

My trooper's companions thank you in advance...

(Fought the urge to call this "knights in white satin")

I think some of the commendation vendor ones aren't class restricted. Also check out the LS/DS vendor, they might have a piece or two that isnt restricted. Also solo some low level instances for comm badges and get oranges from inside the instance (although i see a lot of those are restricted) or use the badges to get commendation armor for your comp.

There are plenty of orange gears that companions can use, mostly from commendation vendors, but they also drop in Flashpoints and can be crafted. Companions can even equip pvp and hardmode/raid gear, if it's appropriate. LvL 40 PvP gear has some nice modifiable sets. Edited by MorgonKara

You can also get orange gear from enemies you kill while questing, and not just elites; I've gotten quite a few orange pieces from normal and strong mobs. You get some as quest rewards, though those are geared towards your class but if your companion can wear the same type (light/med/heavy) you can replace the mods in it to match what they need. So there are a lot of places you can get it.

You can also get orange gear from enemies you kill while questing, and not just elites; I've gotten quite a few orange pieces from normal and strong mobs. You get some as quest rewards, though those are geared towards your class but if your companion can wear the same type (light/med/heavy) you can replace the mods in it to match what they need. So there are a lot of places you can get it.

Yeah it's true, that's pretty rare though. Personally I always pick commendations for quest rewards and use them to gear up my companions and then I also craft armor myself. Most quests will offer comms as a reward, so you can collect quite a few pretty quickly if you always select them. The gear you can buy with comms is usually better than the gear from quest rewards (except maybe some Heroics)

Edited by MorgonKara

Hey - I want to point you to a database that just launched on Ask Mr. Robot today. I'm one of the people who worked on it, and we tried to put in some smart searches on the left, including a search by companion (look at the nav on the left site).

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear

Once you pick the companion and slot you want, you can use the filters to look for only orange gear, wearable by that companion (we take armor type, weapon type, and other restrictions into account).

We had a lot of people play with the beta and give feedback, but not many of them cared much about their companions. I'd love to hear what you like (and don't like) about it.

If I get new orange armor on my character and it is the same weight as one of my companions, I pull the modifications and replace it with theirs. I have a cybertech. The artificer enhancement usually does fine as it is primarily endurance and crit or power or such. So, using the same technique as updating armor. Plus, I have had situations where orange armor was a quest choice and for one commendation, I picked it and redid it. You just have to make sure that it doesn't have the class specific requirement on it.

Armormech and Synthweaving make Orange moddable items (Head/Chest/Leg).

for level 11, 15, 19, 27, 43 <- class specific. not for companion.

for level 23, 35, 39, 47, 50 <- non class specific. companion can wear.

There're some Orange moddable items for level 11, 16, 19 that are non class specific and companion can wear. These are from drop and certain quest.

Orange moddable items (Hand/Feet) from level 26 and 27 respectively, can be purchased. Some rare drop for low levels but class specifc. Social light is easiest to get.

Orange moddable items (wrist/waist) are rare and obtain from drop (except light waist - 50 fleet commendation).

Orange moddable Droid sensor and core can buy 6k and 3k from Coruscant vendor.

Orange moddable Droid motor from balmorra (rep side) commendation.

Orange moddable Droid parts from quesh commendation.

Green moddable for Droid sensor/core/motor/parts can be made by Cybertech.

Edited by Kangkar

I looked over all the planet commendation vendors on the fleet/station and you can get head, chest, pants, gloves, pants and mainhand orange gear. I use those for companions and then give them updated mods.

Once 50 and after getting gear for yourself you can use raid gear that is not needed for any party members for companions.

Hey - I want to point you to a database that just launched on Ask Mr. Robot today. I'm one of the people who worked on it, and we tried to put in some smart searches on the left, including a search by companion (look at the nav on the left site).

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear

Once you pick the companion and slot you want, you can use the filters to look for only orange gear, wearable by that companion (we take armor type, weapon type, and other restrictions into account).

We had a lot of people play with the beta and give feedback, but not many of them cared much about their companions. I'd love to hear what you like (and don't like) about it.

I like it, a lot easier to find a list of orange gear on that site than some others I've visited. Feedback:

- why does it list crafted variants for orange items?

- can you list the location orange items are found (or the location the schematic is found, if applicable)?

• 3 months later...

Sweet! I used Ask Mr. Robot like crazy on wow. Love that it is pulling together here. Wish they had the game armory link.

So, do you know if there are any pvp mods other than the crystals? I hate wasting all of these oranges in my bank. I want to convert one set to pvp gear and am not seeing that the game has made this possible.

Though in doing so, they may ruin another viable aspect of their economy. PVPers seem to love armor rewards and if they could make it......