What is blackout?

schwiz

I just hit 21 on my Jedi Shadow and I see this skill I can unlock in the tree that makes 'blackout' usable outside of stealth. I feel like I'm going crazy but I hit P and looked through all of the Shadow and Jedi skills and I am not seeing blackout... What does it do and how do I use it??

I just hit 21 on my Jedi Shadow and I see this skill I can unlock in the tree that makes 'blackout' usable outside of stealth. I feel like I'm going crazy but I hit P and looked through all of the Shadow and Jedi skills and I am not seeing blackout... What does it do and how do I use it??

The reason you aren't seeing Blackout is that it isn't available till level 22...

It's a great skill IMO for PVE. I do most of my questing solo, and some of the areas on Balmorra specifically are packed with elites walking around or very near other mobs in the way. You just pop that skill and sprint by those pesky guys if you are in a hurry, or just lazy like I get at times. Good skill to use on the late nights when you just want to complete a quest and don't want to clear every npc in the area to do it.

its great for pvp too. increases force regen in the middle of a fight, can make the difference between a victory or death

I tend to use it in PvP to stealth behind a large group of enemies to capture objectives. Blackout shortly followed by Force Speed will usually get me out of detection range, and you would be surprised at how many captures you can get while the enemy is holding down a choke point.

...and you would be surprised at how many captures you can get while the enemy is holding down a choke point.

Exactly! It's amazing how many imps just stand in front of the damn point and never turn around. I've taken at least a dozen or so right from under their nose. I normally announce that I'm ninja grabbing a point, so anyone in the spawn can take the bike over as soon as it pops for defense.