What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

Fastdoze

Doesn't matter in the slightest. Play whatever you're comfortable with. I play both sexes all the time on my account. My Sage/Sorc are female, and yet my Jedi/Warrior are male. Etc etc. Doesn't matter in the slightest. I actually encourage you to play both, because they have different dialogue choices which makes it fun to listen to.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've encountered some players which I could swear there toon is not the same sex as when they play, by what they say and how they act etc. When encountering a player that does choose this, what are you supposed to think? Judge them in some way? or something else?

Rule of thumb.... Assume all players are dudes, then when you join a guild with a vent you might be pleasantly surprised to find out that dude was a girl.

Does it really matter?

The question to be asked is why are you having an issue with this?

It's a virtual world. Male, female, child, pensioner. You might even be talking to a heshe.

If you are looking for a date, there are plenty of sites out there. Using an MMO is probably not the best source of boy on girl action.

Did you get turned on by Jessica Rabbit?

I've encountered some players which I could swear there toon is not the same sex as when they play, by what they say and how they act etc. When encountering a player that does choose this, what are you supposed to think? Judge them in some way? or something else?

I don't care what they are in R/L. This is a video game not a dating site. No reason to treat anyone differently in this setting. If someone is nice to you, be nice back. If they are mean, then you be mean right back to them. lol Or /ignore of course.

Main point is this is a video game set in a fantasy world. Leave all the EHarmony and/or Manhunt motives for being here offline. :)

Don't care really. In WoW half my chars were female and I am male. In this game I identify with my characters too much to play female chars, but if someone wants to its not my business.

On the flip side, its pretty sad that it comes to it, but I can understand why a female player might wish to be thought of as male...some gamer guys are creeps.

In this game I identify with my characters too much to play female chars.

I'm this way in more ways than one in this game. For instance, I tried to make a body type 1 Asian man with white long hair and the foo man choo mustache and beard the other day because I thought it would make a good Sentinel, but after playing half way through Tython, I just couldn't do it. There's nothing wrong with short Asian people in general, but I couldn't relate and I wasn't having as much fun because of it. I can't make a body style 4 male for the same reason.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Rule of thumb.... Assume all players are dudes, then when you join a guild with a vent you might be pleasantly surprised to find out that dude was a girl.

Actually since there are more girls playing in TOR and even video games that may not be a good rule of thumb. There are more of us girls playing than you might imagine nowadays.

Actually since there are more girls playing in TOR and even video games that may not be a good rule of thumb. There are more of us girls playing than you might imagine nowadays.

Yeah. I guess the better suggestion would be to assume no one in the game wants you to flirt with them and/or cyber and just concentrate on playing the game itself. ;)

Something else -- that is, "ignore it and play the game."

Yeah. I guess the better suggestion would be to assume no one in the game wants you to flirt with them and/or cyber and just concentrate on playing the game itself. ;)

That's a good rule of thumb. Any player could be a boy or girl, but likely none of them are there looking for romantic attention (unless they say so). Both boys and girls can enjoy or dislike any part of this game; which they are doesn't really change how they should be treated.

Personally i dont care what people do it is a game nothing weird about making a female character as a male and nothing wrong with a female making a male character. Keep in mind the story has slight alterations depending on gender. :rak_03:

It's pretty normal, although I wouldn't go assuming that every female toon in the game is a guy. There are lots of women who game; some of us play female toons, some play male toons, and some play a mix. I've played female toons pretty much exclusively and only rarely do I run into creepers, which I think speaks well of the people who play (or I could just be incredibly lucky). At any rate, most of the guys I know who play female toons are married.

Course the main thing is, that no matter who they are or what their reason for playing a particular gender, be respecful and non-creeperish. Ta da, problem solved.

What's your problem with it?

Most of my characters are female because I've always preferred the models, but I do have a male Agent, for pretty much the same reasons that guys role female characters: he has a sexy bum. Thinking of having a male Chiss at some point as well, for the sexy bum.

For roleplay purposes it's just a marker of how well the person can roleplay; how convincing one can be of the opposite sex. I've not asked, but I think I roleplay my Agent quite well, despite the gender gap.

Really who cares what the ratio of boys to girls are. The point is there are also children playing this game. No one should be worried about the sort of things the OP is worrying about. It is a game. Just a game. Rated for teen and up. Not an adult Match making service.

Exactly. We are just here to escape for reality and have some fun. (Also the reason chat sucks most of the time. People want to talk about politics, religion, ect,)

New to MMOs? This is a common occurance. Hell, half the 'female' toons in my guild are played by male players (and two of the 'male' toons are played by the wives of two of the 'female' toons players).

You can never assume a character's gender matches that of the player in an MMO

Guess we know who's dangeling the nuts in that household :D

/jk

Now that I think about it... I wonder which is the least popular class/gender combo in the game...

I'll say it's probably the Female Bounty Hunter... which is unforunate because that's Jennifer Hale... then again she is all over the game anyway.

My main is a female Zabrak BH. I never get tired of listening to Jennifer Hale. Played male BH in beta weekends and couldn't stand the gruff voice.

But I did just recently roll a male Twi'lek agent as an alt. So I guess I'm redeemed *shrug*.

If you judge someone based on a character they play in a GAME, it's you who needs help not them.

Other than that, this same topic has been done about 5 times on the SWTOR forums alone. Play what you enjoy and don't worry about what some anonymous internet user thinks.

Well, i think that every man playing a female toon is a gay

or

i think that every female playing a male toon likes to look at a male body ?

or

i think, people questioning the gender of the toon are immature ?

or

i think some people identifieing themselfs far too mucth with their chars (ingame hero, offgame loser ?)

or

hell i never question it, girls are awesome to lokk at, i want more ***** ^^

or

players that play crossgender are weired trannys irl and have a small smile :p

seriously, this question allone is pretty imature, isnt it ?