Keybinds vs clicking

cub-lover

It's the least important aspect of the game to the average player. There are much more pressing matters that needs to be attended to first. Things such as complete lack of situational awareness and logic, the inability to count to 8, poor vision etc etc. Edited by MidichIorian

It's the least important aspect of the game to the average player. There are much more pressing matters that needs to be attended to first. Things such as complete lack of situations awareness and logic, the inability to count to 8, poor vision etc etc.

When you change one, you will start thinking more about the other.

Many steps ultimately form a leap. But if you don't dare to take the steps... no leap will ever be made.

I personally keybind almost 100% of my skills. I do click a few things such as an AOE since it is placed with your mouse. Auto run is another keybind that is a must if you want to be competitive.

Like someone already mentioned its about being efficient. Every seconds matters. The less you have to focus on your rotation with your mouse the more you can focus on situational awareness and use your mouse for more important mouse based things like maneuvering and camera work. If you have to click on abilities your situational awareness and ability to see what is going on around you takes a huge hit. Yes in reality its only a few seconds you are gaining but in competitive game play those seconds are what matter and win the game. Also since this game doesnt have any mouse add ons its really easy to lose a mouse cursor with all the spell animations. That adds seconds too.

Dont get me wrong I'm not here to tell you HOW to play, but I will tell you there is no way you can compete on the same level clicking without having to work WAY harder and take up way more concentration that could be spent on more important things in PvP like situational awareness and positioning which is extremely important in PvP.

If all you do is PvE then its really not as important but will make gameplay easier.

I used to argue against keybinding and only clicked. Most people were amazed at how well I played being a clicker. Once I finally changed to keybinds and left my comfort zone I honestly was amazed at how much easier it was to accomplish things keybound instead of clicking everything.

Hope this helps!

The SWTOR PvP forums are pretty adorable. Front page there's like at least 5 topics talking about clicking and backpeddaling. :o

Don't know why this made me laugh, but it did. Anyho, clicked on the youtube link in your sig... I'm stealing moves from you :D Like I do with other PvPers that has garnered my attention.

That force push save/pull on the void star has made itself in the catacombs of my memory bank of most "memorable moments" in a PvP video(Downloaded > Archived > Watched ... a couple of times :D).

You don't need to be a fast typer to make keybinding the right choice though.

Actually 10 finger keyboard operating is a whole lot different than playing a game.

I still do 1-2 finger typing on my keyboard. I've never trained 10 fingers. (One finger for typing, another one for the shift, ctrl etc. keys.)

But I can be relatively fast with that, too.

(My personally favourite incident is the disbelief people expressed when they saw me typing with 1 finger during my jop training long ago. ;) )

I often think "how fast would I be when I was an 10-fingers trained one ?" and it must be really fast.

However, I never got myself to do that.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Me, I wouldn't let my son - if I had one - play War Zones with 5 years ... Far, far too young, imho ...

But if this is for real, then it is imho at least impressive ...

I'm serious.

He can't really read chat, so that eliminates 99% of what could be inappropriate content. The action depicted is no worse than what you'd see in Ben 10, and he loves Star Wars... So, I let him play. When he first started I kinda felt bad for the other players on his team having to totally carry him, but now he is consistently 3rd or 4th place or better in the match rankings (I know, those rankings don't mean that much!).

Anyway, that fact that he is able to be somewhat competitive is amazing to me, either the force really does run strong in this family, or, as I said in my first post; not key binding is the least of the problems to solve!

I'm serious.

He can't really read chat, so that eliminates 99% of what could be inappropriate content. The action depicted is no worse than what you'd see in Ben 10, and he loves Star Wars... So, I let him play. When he first started I kinda felt bad for the other players on his team having to totally carry him, but now he is consistently 3rd or 4th place or better in the match rankings (I know, those rankings don't mean that much!).

Anyway, that fact that he is able to be somewhat competitive is amazing to me, either the force really does run strong in this family, or, as I said in my first post; not key binding is the least of the problems to solve!

Read my signature. And your 5 year old son is not killing anyone with a quarter of a brain.

I prefer keybinding over clicking, but it's not really that important to me if people click or use keybinds as long as they're doing the job well. Sure keybinders are bit on the slow side but even the PvP here doesn't require FPS level reaction times.

Clicking can't possibly be what makes a bad player. My 5 year old son has his own FTP account and I let him do WZs.

He makes solo kills.

He clicks.

So many other issues with players to solve first.

Would believe you if he runs pre-30 warzones. A lot of keyboard-turners in this bracket. Slightly less so in pre-55.

Read my signature. And your 5 year old son is not killing anyone with a quarter of a brain.

Quoting yourself... on a mangled, stolen quote? No comment.:D

But yeah, I agree. Depending on the exact classes, the only people he can beat alone are those at the very dawn of their MMO life, or dedicated noobs who feel entitled to the right to be bad.

Edited by Helig

I'm serious.

Stop lying your *** off mate :rolleyes: