CE idea

belizar

You guys make some pretty good points, although clam down you're acting like a bunch of blindfolded Jawas on spice with lightsabers in their hands! We have the Swtor Bill Gates in here then we have the Entitlment Doctor geesh can't we just get an actual response from Bioware to what is going to happen to the CE vendor, i'am sure most of us would appreciate it. :p

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the value of said coins are what 10£ at the most

we still get a usless vendor that wont get updated like they promised

BW dev 1 hey guys i made this cool looking armor, CE vendor or cash shop

BW dev 2 did u really just ask that if in doubt cash shop

Digital Deluxe Edition. FEMALE ONLY set of armor. Completely useless to me.

And just because the CE vendor wasn't updated you believe you're entitled to a lifetime sub or pay less than everyone else? The CE vendor was a side bonus. The physical contents are what the CE is actually for.

And on top of all that...

http://www.swtor.com/free

Collectors Edition holders receive an additional 1000 cartel coins, on top of the coins you get for your active subscription.

Let's sum it up.

You get an awesome statue, a soundtrack and God knows what else.

You get access to an exclusive vendor in-game, with a really cool set of armor.

You get 1000 free cartel coins on top of the normal rates, at F2P.

And you're still complaining?

Pucker up and play the game, or unsub, and let your CE go to waste. Your call.

Edited by -Holmes

And just because the CE vendor wasn't updated you believe you're entitled to a lifetime sub or pay less than everyone else? The CE vendor was a side bonus. The physical contents are what the CE is actually for.

Collectors Edition holders receive an additional 1000 cartel coins, on top of the coins you get for your active subscription.

Let's sum it up.

You have a nice way of putting things.

Are you quite happy to let bioware say one thing, take your money, then not bother? I bought a ce solely for the vendor. While I'm not asking for lifetime subs etc, I do want them to update the vendor regularly, with exclusive items. That's what they said they would do.

Let's sum it up.

Dude, the items in the CE weren't worth it! 150 quid at the start, they all sold out quickly but after 5 months they start manufactured and sold at most game stores for 50 quid. That's a slap to the face to the official CE owners who overpaid and didn't even get the vendor updates. I was lured by the promise of a vendor selling unique items affecting the apperance. Vendor that would have his stock updated!

"You got a soundtrack..." seriously?! You call a demo disc a soundtrack...?

Armor set is not cool, it would be cool if it didn't have a stupid antenna on the back. That's the Imperial one. The Republic one is a slight recolour of the civilian pilot outft available to both factions. And so far we don't even know what 1000 coins will be like... They can be equal to 1, 2 or 5 quid... Or maybe more, we don't know.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

That's what happens when you blindly invest in a game.

Carefully studying exactly what my purchase will buy me, and weighing up the pros and cons, is not blindly investing.

Edited by utio

From that page, "Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

Honestly without the CE shop I would never have bought the CE box.

Because:

• I don't care about the statue and honestly not only it looks and feels cheap but it doesn't even looks good.
  • The soundtrack isn't good either. More like some low budget movie than SW ones and no it does not feels SW at all.
  • There isn't even an art book.
  • The speeder is useless at tier II and III
  • The camera is just a print screen button that eats a quick slot spot.
  • The mini pet is available in game in other color

Someone could contact the BBB regarding the regular updates...

Like many here I am disappointed by the CE shop, the Security Key shop and many others. The idea of some items being shuffled to the other shops is good, as many others, But I think as an idea, what about discounts?

Get rid of the all these smaller specialty shops. And As of said date all people with CE, DDE whatever editions applied to their accounts will receive a 5% or 10% discount on items in the Cartel shop. So we spend a few less cartel coins in the shop for having the promised special editions with perks that never got fulfilled.

• 3 weeks later...
On the positive side you can sell the physical items and get a partial refund where de and standard can't. Besides, ce are getting more cartel coins.

No you can't, if someone really wanted the items, they could easily buy the CE themselves. Since this game was such a failure, you can get them a dime a dozen.

at the start they said they would keep the CE vendor updated with cool new items and looking gear so after 7 months we got a reskin of a pet every one got this isnt good enough more so now saying the amount of items they "just" made for cash shop items and now swtor is F2P the chances of this vendor geting updated instead of items going to cash shop are 0

i think CE owners should be offered a life time sub or a heavly discounted sub, why ? because i and like many ppl bought the CE just for the vendor having a unique looking gear in a mmo is somthing speical, with the cash shop many items that were prob planned for the vendor will now be bought with real cash so dont we deserve somthing to compensate our main ingame feature we paid for ?

Uhhh, no

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘â€. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-â€. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . â€:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:â€. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . â€~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .â€=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~â€; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .â€=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /†. . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-â€

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

Some of you people act like we want some ultra powerful gear in the CE vendor... in truth... all I want is more unique cosmetics... such as that grayish Imp armor :o Maybe a new mount and pet and a CE only crystal. but nothing game changing... Security vendor kinda needs an update too btw.