Legacy-wide crafting ideas

Thaltom

I have always enjoyed crafting in mmos. Here are a few Legacy-wide unlocks I would love to see added in the future. Disclaimer: the credit costs and Legacy level requirements are either borrowed from comparable Legacy unlocks or made up, so they may need to be adjusted.

Legacy of Artisanship I / II / III

Decreases the cost of removing mods from orange items by 3.33% per rank up to a maximum of 10%. All ranks require the previous rank.

Rank I: Legacy 5 and 50,000 credits

Rank II: Legacy 10 and 75,000 credits

Rank III: Legacy 15 and 150,000 credits

Legacy of Commerce

Allows items to be placed on the GTN for sale for up to 3 days, instead of the usual 2.

Deposits for placing items on the GTN are decreased by 33%.

Legacy 10 and 150,000 credits

Legacy of Tinkering I / II

Increases the likelihood of discovering a new schematic from reversing engineering by 5% per rank up to a maximum of 10%. All ranks require the previous rank.

Rank I: Legacy 6 and 150,000 credits

Rank II: Legacy 12 and 300,000 credits

Legacy of Harvesting I / II / III / IV / V

Decreases the time and cost of Archaeology, Bioanalysis, and Scavenging crew skill missions by 3% per rank up to a maximum of 15%. All ranks require the previous rank.

Rank I: Legacy 5 and 30,000 credits

Rank II: Legacy 10 and 40,000 credits

Rank III: Legacy 15 and 60,000 credits

Rank IV: Legacy 20 and 80,000 credits

Rank V: Legacy 25 and 100,000 credits

Critical Harvesting

Provides a chance to critically gather Archaeology, Bioanalysis, and Scavenging nodes in the field. The base chance is 10%, at Rank II this increases to 20%. A critical gather provides 50% more resources. All ranks require the previous rank.

Rank I: Legacy of Harvesting V and 25,000 credits

Rank II: 50,000 credits

Materials (or Resource) Management I / II (Better name to be announced when I think of one)

A second inventory window becomes available to all of your characters. This window only allows the storage of crafting components such as scavenged metal, power crystals, underworld metals, gemstones, compounds, etc. It begins with the same capacity as your first inventory window but expands at 50% the usual cost.

At rank II, a new tab is added to your cargo hold that allows the storage of crafting components such as the ones listed above.

Rank I: Legacy 12 and 1,000,000 credits

Rank II: Legacy 15 and 200,000 credits

Apprenticeship

Purchase new schematics from NPC crew skill trainers with a 15% discount.

Legacy 5 and 250,000 credits

Cooperative Crafting

All crafting schematics that your characters pick up are now Bind on Legacy.

Legacy 12 and 175,000 credits

Edited by Thaltom

How about they just do all that for free and no legacy???

They need to extend the GTN to 4 days..

Decrease the global cost of removing armoring by about 20% and all other mod types are free to remove.. Armoring would only cost if it carries a set bonus.. Otherwise armoring is free as well..

All items need a 20% decrease in time it takes to craft something.. Especially for Blue quality and better..

They should do all this period.. Not as part of the legacy and something we pay for..

Remove the 30k cost to adding am augment slot.. Making or buying the kits is expensive enough.. Not to mention getting the augment to put in it..

How about they just do all that for free and no legacy?

Without trying to oversimplify: because we need credit sinks. Credit sinks remove credits from the in-game economy which controls inflation. If we did not have credit sinks you would see players with millions upon millions of credits with nothing to do with them.

Remove the 30k cost to adding am augment slot.. Making or buying the kits is expensive enough.. Not to mention getting the augment to put in it..

I wont bother remarks one way or the other on the rest, but i gather the mats on my Warrior, send them to my BH, and than send out 1-2 companions for Thermoplast Flux (which the higher yield quests give around 30 each). I make green belts (since i have the recipe and it cost nothing material-wise), RE them, and then use those mats to make the MK-6 Kits.

Not arguing other points, but for myself and if you have a crafter, they can be made for next to nothing, and they sell for (my server) around 40k each. So with some effort in playing (rather then just buying everything) you have easy access to making money in game.

Of course i also craft my own augments, it helps to have 4 level 50's with varied crafting skills though.

IMO of course, but I've never had any issues with current costs of things.

• 2 weeks later...
How about they just do all that for free and no legacy???

They need to extend the GTN to 4 days..

Decrease the global cost of removing armoring by about 20% and all other mod types are free to remove.. Armoring would only cost if it carries a set bonus.. Otherwise armoring is free as well..

All items need a 20% decrease in time it takes to craft something.. Especially for Blue quality and better..

They should do all this period.. Not as part of the legacy and something we pay for..

credit sink need to stay, already all are cheap

Learning new schematic by reversing is a mistake. R.E should only give mats. Atm its far too easy to learn blue or purple and it's affecting the GTN. They need to add lot more rare schematic and mats that are only lootable from world drop(0.5%), rare mobs(10%), end game pve(20%). We could also add extra goal in warzone pvp for a chest that could contain pvp mats or pvp schematic if they plan to mix server pvp and only at peak hour to reduce any chance to cheat. Edited by Hellheaven

ALL SCHEMS SHOULD BE TRADEABLE WITHIN A PERSON'S LEGACY!!!! I'm tired of getting great schems but not being able to use them just because I didn't pick them up with the right player. Make a perk that allows this and I'm down for whatever.

Just added Cooperative Crafting. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Learning new schematic by reversing is a mistake. R.E should only give mats. Atm its far too easy to learn blue or purple and it's affecting the GTN. They need to add lot more rare schematic and mats that are only lootable from world drop(0.5%), rare mobs(10%), end game pve(20%). We could also add extra goal in warzone pvp for a chest that could contain pvp mats or pvp schematic if they plan to mix server pvp and only at peak hour to reduce any chance to cheat.

Remove the entire Reverse Engineering system? Well that is an interesting idea, but unfortunately not what this suggestion pertains to.

Edited by Thaltom