Lost Island, sorry it does need an adjustment

OP, you are, in fact, bad.

I've cleared LI as a tank with melee DPS,

I've cleared LI as a melee DPS.

I've cleared LI with a full fresh group, myself included, and a few times after with fresh healers.

your strat on the first boss is plain wrong. ranged should be moving with the melee so lightning balls are concentrated behind the kiting path, not scattered around the room. if you have TWO ranged then you should simply park the boss in mid and nuke, tank just has to interrupt incinerate, GG.

second boss healing check is fine, done it with a fresh merc healer and operative healer along with a sorc healer. just have all three consoles activated at the same time, guaranteed sending the boss back down in one use time.

EDIT: props to your one handed player, glad they got it set up to play still and are enjoying themselves, but clearing HM EV is far from an accomplishment for a player with two working hands (the rest of your group). EV is so faceroll it is hilarious, Soa doesn't even have an enrage timer until you hit the bottom floor, and the four bosses before him are easy as pie. clearing NMM EV in under an hour to an hour and 15 minutes should be perfectly doable by a casual group.

Edited by KBSIP

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy. Had a Sorc healer, Sniper DPS, Merc DPS, and an Assassin Tank.

The first fight alone is a huge puzzle, moving as one and dropping AoE heals at the right time.But it is easy one you learn the mechanics.

I don't want them to nerf it, because when you finish it, you actually feel like you accomplished something. If they nerf it, it will give a "Yay now give me more stuff I will later post about because it is too hard" feeling.

It gives Rakata chest piece at the end of HM for a reason.

Wow I didn't realise it was so hard for most people? Myself and three friends religiously run this one a day as its literally the second fastest place we can run (with Tv taking top spot). With Li being in its own daily category we queue up and clear within 24 minutes most days. Easiest 5 comms a day you can get.

Wow I didn't realise it was so hard for most people? Myself and three friends religiously run this one a day as its literally the second fastest place we can run (with Tv taking top spot). With Li being in its own daily category we queue up and clear within 24 minutes most days. Easiest 5 comms a day you can get.

And part of the 8 BH comms weekly.

it isn't!!

the overwhelming number of response wanting NOT nerf LI because it's fine the way it is, and moreover, wanting MORE flashpoint of that caliber far outweight the few complains here and there about being too difficult for unorganized group.

Skim trought the thread, you'll see.

agree, if you understand my point, i am not in favor of nerfing LI.

I think it's great to have a piece of 4-man content moderatly challenging, that give a goal, something to work for, to strive to the more casual or newer MMO player.

I shouldn't have said ever, and I should have implied predictability. Let me use a little map to explain.

A............................................D

X.............................................Y

B.............................................C

Tank at spots X and Y, raid stand at A, B, C, then D, then back to A. Moving bosses between X and Y every other sphere. Boss has big enough hitpoints, melee don't have to make any movement decisions. Just follow strat. Or if you want to simplify it even more, stack whole entire raid at A, B, C, and then D, and move together.

Hate to be that reposting jerk, but can someone please tell me if this is a picture of the whole room or the square in the middle?

Some of us who struggle with LI HM aren't "bads," we are "learning." It's hard content, isn't that why you like it?

PS: Nerf LR5 NOW Plx

(j/k)

from the description of the scheme, it has to be the concrete square in the middle of the room. Since tank has to be in X or Y position and raid in A to D position, the boss need to me between X/Y and A/D position.

But that exact scheme can't work as is. Tank will have to be creative to find a spot for himself. If a dome is centered on A, the X position will be in the dome, thank will have to find another position.

keeping the same strat the best would be

A......................4....................D.......................4

B.....................2.....................C

With the raid/tank position is A/1, B/2, C/3, D/4 (the position 4 in between A and D might not be usable, thus tank will have to step on the grid and avoid fire)

Edited by Vankris

Ok, having had trouble with this one before and now finding it /a lot/ easier... a few tips:

Boss 1. Ignore 90% of the youtube videos... look at the boss mechanics and figure out a tactic that works for your group. Be creative (I like the person that posted the cakewalk hand drawn PIC, I am so trying that one out next time). Be willing to wipe just to try something new. Its not like it is that bad to wipe, if you are having repair bill issues, run some dailies and come back. Get creative. Don't fall into the "its the tanks job to interrupt" or "its the DPS' job to interrupt"... just interrupt his incinerate, waste an interrupt because someone else did already, who cares. I have interrupted him as a healer (having him as focus target and having focus target modifier key helps a lot)... incinerate procs slowly enough that everyone should have their interrupt free every time.

Boss 2. during air phase make sure everyone is at their buttons completely, any closer and they are spreading space herpes, healer in middle at edge of their heal range... when he is about to pounce grab his ... well you know and stand under him, like really under him. Tank him in the middle. As a sorc healer, when he goes airborn drop your AoE heal on yourself in the middle so you don't have to waste as much time healing yourself and can concentrate on everyone else. It might seem like a waste for one person but it works. Don't panic if you loose one person, just combat rez them and move on... I have killed this guy after loosing the tank and having to combat rez him, don't panic.

Boss 3. this guy is stupid easy when you realize two facts... 1. the debuff effects from slow players missing the initial circles of goo (which later adds significantly to damage during last phase) can be cleansed. After that it is just a case of pick a corner, everyone pile in the corner and drop AoE heal... I was able to keep the whole group healed via my AoE heal only and was able to even apply DPS to the boss.

3.2: make sure the tank drags him around the room to the tanks he is going to activate, that way the DPS can fry the tank before the add comes out. He follows a pattern, you should too.

NOTE: these bosses can be a royal pain in the butt if you get someone not working from the same playbook or feels they can do whatever they want. This is not the game's problem... this is that persons. If you are in a guild deal with him, if you are in a PUG, kick them if they don't listen.

General Sorc Healer tips:

Make good use of lightning shield! No really it helps a lot. If you are a sorc or sin dps/tank, use your own lightning shield often as you can... it helps your sorc healer with energy management... a lot. There are times in each fight where you could pop your lightning shield with no issues (running to buttons in second boss, moving out of circles in third, while transitioning boss in first, etc. If you don't have it mapped because you are DPS, map it, seriously its not hard.

When in doubt drop AoE heal on yourself and optionally do a resurgence, innervate, consumption. Even if you are the only one in the AoE heal, you will need to heal yourself a lot less, and will heal any damage the consumption causes before the AoE goes away... free force! The resurgence/innervate should go on someone else unless you are really dieing.

To people posting about age/disability issues. Age is not an issue, all of these fights are predictable. This isn't twitch gaming. Really watch the fights, he incinerates in a pattern, lightning things drop predictably, boss two follows the same pattern every time, boss 3 is a little twitchy once the flaming rakghouls come out, but still I know a lot of >40 people who can deal with it (I am 39 myself). Disability issues... a lot of this will come down to redesigning your UI. If you have to use mouse only for example place your hotbar placement to optimize speed is a must... I know of someone who has to do this and they still are quite successful. Also if it is a one handed thing, check out mice like the Razer Naga (the one with 12 hot buttons on the side) it will take some getting used to but it really does help.

Boss 2. during air phase make sure everyone is at their buttons completely, any closer and they are spreading space herpes

funny story. after killing the 2nd boss, i turned on the bridge, rocket boots away to the next pack with the charger + strong + ghoul. after about 10 seconds, I am sitting there wondering where the hell the rest of the party was.

they were all dead on the bridge, because they were running next to each other and kept spreading the plague.. :rak_04:

i had to finish off that pack myself and then go back and rez them.. :rak_03:

funny story. after killing the 2nd boss, i turned on the bridge, rocket boots away to the next pack with the charger + strong + ghoul. after about 10 seconds, I am sitting there wondering where the hell the rest of the party was.

they were all dead on the bridge, because they were running next to each other and kept spreading the plague.. :rak_04:

i had to finish off that pack myself and then go back and rez them.. :rak_03:

It would be nice if it could be cleansed ;) but yea a lot of people don't realize the debuff/dot exists because of the size of buffs/debuffs on the OPs frame. I have seen people start getting unhealable levels of dot damage and then blaming the healer because they died... when all that happened is they were too buddy buddy with the rest of the party and ended up compounding the infections. Hint, if you have a green cloud aura... stand somewhere else ;)

We 3 manned LR-51 today. Had 2 sorcs. When the 1st bubble dropped, our good sorc pulled our bad sorc out of it. he then stood in the next one and died in the second bubble. we didn't bother to Battle Rez. him and carried on to 3 man it. He was impressed. we were not. we got to the last boss and before the first kolto tank he died with 19 stacks of poison on him. in 2 attempts. None of my friends are hardcore raiders. I have killed T+Z in HM denova, the healer has killed the tanks in HM denova. our sniper has never set foot in denova, SM or otherwise. Our sorc healer didnt have points into being able to cleanse the dot, as we usually never have to cleanse anyone. most people got through the whole first phase with 0-4 stacks of the thing which does negligible damage. not to mention even if he could cleanse it there is no way he could keep up heals with having to cleanse that guy on every cooldown.

that is all

We 3 manned LR-51 today. Had 2 sorcs. When the 1st bubble dropped, our good sorc pulled our bad sorc out of it. he then stood in the next one and died in the second bubble. we didn't bother to Battle Rez. him and carried on to 3 man it. He was impressed. we were not. we got to the last boss and before the first kolto tank he died with 19 stacks of poison on him. in 2 attempts. None of my friends are hardcore raiders. I have killed T+Z in HM denova, the healer has killed the tanks in HM denova. our sniper has never set foot in denova, SM or otherwise. Our sorc healer didnt have points into being able to cleanse the dot, as we usually never have to cleanse anyone. most people got through the whole first phase with 0-4 stacks of the thing which does negligible damage. not to mention even if he could cleanse it there is no way he could keep up heals with having to cleanse that guy on every cooldown.

that is all

Yea, fail sorc is fail. I have noticed a lot of new 50s sorcs like to play rooted on the spot and aren't used to moving at all. I think a lot of it has to do with leveling/story content being so easy to heal through.

RE: cleansing... yea if you are with a group that can keep up its fine, but I have found a lot of pick up groups are just too slow... what I do is periodically throughout the fight keep a rotation in my mind and go down the list once in a while and throw a cleanse in with my heals (Purge with Sith Purity - its instant) since it also heals its not a waste and since I am only doing it every so often it doesn't interrupt the rest of my healing much. Then while we are running to the corner I will hit who I can with it. Strictly speaking you can definitely beat the boss without doing it... it just makes the fight a little more forgiving if you do.

Another post made me realize something too... fail sorc is probably struggling with key placement,etc. Its easy for me to forget that when using a normal keyboard and mouse (I use a G13+Naga Epic) that in order to transition from move to heal they have to move their fingers at least, their hands at worst... Big tip there for healers, get yourself a G13 and a mouse with a lot of buttons. I can move, select and heal without my fingers even transitioning to other keys... (thumbstick on G13 maped to front back strafe left strafe right, "wasd" on G13 mapped to critical heals and target selectors (tab), 1-3 on naga epic set to followup powers... so I click on ops frame while moving hit key to start heal rotation, followup with thumb buttons on the naga.

Edited by Elfindreams

• 2 weeks later...

I have done LI HM twice (only finished it once) and have had two entirely different experiences with it.

My first try was about 3 weeks ago where a tank and healer were looking for two ranged DPS. I and another DPS joined and we started. The tank and healer were telling us how they've done it 10+ times now and, if we just listened to their instructions, we'd have no problems. After an hour, any many wipes, we finally downed LR-5 Sentinel. Since this was the furthest I had ever gotten, I decided to push on with the group as they said it was much easier after that. Sav-Rak wasn't too bad. Once we learned the basics of the fight, he was fairly easy. We finally got to Lorrick and, now looking back at it, I think the tactics we were using were wrong. Once we finally got him to phase 3 (something that took us probably 2 hours to do) the strategy was to stack in a corner so the healer could use AOE heals on us. The problem was that whenever we would stack, Lorrick would just pound the crap out of me. I don't know if the tank couldn't hold his aggro or if the healer couldn't out heal Lorrick's hits but I was usually the first person to go down. After a total of about 4.5 hours in HM LI, I decided to call it a night and vow to never go back.

This weekend I got a whisper from a friend who needed a DPS replacement for HM LI. I figured I'd give it one more shot and things went much smoother. Once I got in, we downed LR-5 Sentinel in one try which really surprised me. I was a little worried after 2 people said they had never been past him but we pressed on. We wiped 3 times on Sav-Rak but I chalk that up to two people learning the fight. We finally got to Lorrick and, before I could explain anything I knew of the fight, the tank jumped in and grabbed Lorrick. Uh oh I thought but I was wrong. We ended up downing Lorrick in one try. During phase 3, the tank just held Lorrick and we DPS'd him from behind the tank.

I'm sure I was putting out more DPS this time around as during my first try I was pretty much Rakata + 1 BH piece. Now I'm all BH with only 1 Rakata piece. HM LI is definitely a gear check but, if you're geared enough and know what you're doing, it didn't really seem all that difficult.

I finally finished HM LI on my Commando dps for the first time and it was a great feeling. We had one person who knew the fights down cold, 3 people (myself included) who had never made it past LR-5 on hard mode, including a healer who's rotation could have used an improvement. :p

It takes strategy and knowing the fights.

I felt this way before I had finished it, and I feel the same way after it. Don't nerf HM LI or make it easier.

As far as gear rewards, HM EV is on a 1-week lockout, so this is the perfect place to farm a Columi MH.