The REAL Most Powerful Sith

Beniboybling

Because that's not how the Force works... you dont just get stronger forever and ever. Around the 30-40 mark you peak. Especially if your a cyborg with a third of his body missing and severe mental handicaps.

Ok this was stated where now?...Plus this isn't just some normal Sith, this is the Chosen One who still had the power within.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not approach this from an out-of-universe perspective now, we can only assume that either the barrage was not as powerful, or Aryn Leneer was considerably more powerful than the Jedi Malgus killed.

She's still kinda meh.

And according to Wookieepedia:

Adraas then attempted to strike back using a variety of Force Powers, including Force Lightning as well, even though he was aware of Malgus's mastery of the Force. His attack was ultimately cut off by Malgus's barrage of Lightning attacks, which left the Sith Lord dying on the floor.

Its seems his lightning ended the duel rather quickly.

Never trust the Wookiee. Here's what actually happened.

Malgus held forth his hand and the rage within him manifested in blue veins of lightning that discharged from his fingertips and slammed into Adraas. The power stopped Adraas' charge cold, blew his lightsaber from his hand, caught him in a cage of burning lightning. He screamed, squirming in frustration and pain.

"End it Malgus! end it!"

Malgus unclenched his fingers and released the lightning. Adraas fell to the ground, his flesh smoking, the skin of his once handsome face blistered and peeling. Again he rose to all fours and looked up at Malgus.

"Angral will avenge me."

"Angral will suspect what has happened here," Malgus said, and strode toward him. "But he will never know for certain, not until it is too late."

"Too late for what?" Adraas asked.

Malgus did not answer.

"You are mad," Adraas said, and leapt to his feet and charged. He pulled his lightsaber to his fist and activated it. The attack took Malgus momentarily bu surprise.

[A few lightsaber exchanges later...]

Malgus spun out of the way and rode the spin into a chop that severed Adraas's arm at the elbow. Adraas screamed and clutched his arm at the bicep while his forearm fell to the floor along with the column.

Malgus had taught the lesson he'd come to teach.

He deactivated his lightsaber, held up his left hand, and made a pincer with his fingers.

So no, Malgus' lightning did not end the fight. In fact, Adraas put up a good fight after the barrage.

That said, we aren't even talking about the fullest extent of Malgus' ability here. If a single burst of lightining can kill Jedi, what could the Force maelstrom do?[/color]

The Adraas fight was after Malgus achieved Oneness.

It is still like Jedi Path, in Chee's words, only the collected histories and records with the opinions of those in it. He had to state this when someone asked him why Luke considered Yoda to be the most powerful Jedi that ever lived, despite Luke himself being exactly that.

It is still a Force Blast and he never died he wilfully left his body, technically he just ascended into an essence that was trapped on Yavin VI, not a Sith spirit but instead an essence like Sidious and Vitiate when switching bodies, his power was still clearly there as he could also have used his considerable Alchemical mastery to recreate his own body and become corporeal again.

But Malgus still wielded the Force maelstrom, and I'd assume Sidious has knowledge of Exar Kun and his power.

Sith spirits and essences are essentially the same thing, they do not inhabit the mortal plane.

...pretty sure he didn't. He wielded a minor version of the thought bomb by combining the powers of his fellow dark lords, but not maelstrom.

I recall him 'renovating' a library with a pretty spectatious display of the Force.

/wishing I had Path of Destruction

Maybe mentioning the fact that there was a video comparison (

) of Exar Kun vs Darth Vader is more appropriate for the future duelist thread but it should still count for something both in terms of a concise statement of abilities and insight to someone's opinion of who has the edge in each category.

Exar Kun vs Darth Malgus. Exar Kun was the standard for which Sith were judged for many many years. Note that in the beginning of the Sith Warrior storyline the jailor says (paraphrasing) "everyone's talking about you like you're the 2nd coming of Exar Kun". Exar Kun he says, not Darth Malgus. Exar Kun and the Emperor are the benchmarks for which all Sith Sorcerers are judged pre-Palps but he is also an absolute master of lightsaber combat as well. Malgus' powers and abilities do not stretch across as many areas as Kun's and in most cases not to the mastery of Kun either.

But Malgus still wielded the Force maelstrom, and I'd assume Sidious has knowledge of Exar Kun and his power.

Sith spirits and essences are essentially the same thing, they do not inhabit the mortal plane.

I am not claiming Malgus doesn't wield Force Maelstrom... however, claiming he's the bestest 5eva with his anger is speculation on his part, he was never there to see it.

And that's only correct on the most basic of principles, his essence could clearly inhabit others and was extremely powerful where other Sith spirits or essences were basically weak shadows of their corporeal selves, Kun however remained the same as he was when he absorbed the Massassi and transcended into an Essence, simply put he was still using exactly the same power as he had within his body, this power allowed him to wield Force Blast against Gantoris and incinerate him.

If she is 'kinda meh' then it must not have been the same level of power, because those Jedi in the temple were presumable 'kinda meh' also.

I think you've misinterpreted the fight here. It looks to me that Malgus was torturing Adraas, drawing out his pain. If he really wanted to kill him he wouldn't have stopped. Clearly Adraas never stood a chance, even Adraas himself seems to realise that. And I'm not sure what Oneness has to do with anything. Though yes another point in Malgus' favour. Noting that Malgus (and perhaps Sidious) is the only dark sider to ever have achieved Oneness with the Force.

I recall him 'renovating' a library with a pretty spectatious display of the Force.

Githany taught him Force Lightning in the library and he instantly mastered it to the level of which he messed up the library. Then she's all worried about her pawn being better than her as no one else mastered it to that level yet and def not as quickly.

(re-read the book recently :D)

I am not claiming Malgus doesn't wield Force Maelstrom... however, claiming he's the bestest 5eva with his anger is speculation on his part, he was never there to see it.

And that's only correct on the most basic of principles, his essence could clearly inhabit others and was extremely powerful where other Sith spirits or essences were basically weak shadows of their corporeal selves, Kun however remained the same as he was when he absorbed the Massassi and transcended into an Essence, simply put he was still using exactly the same power as he had within his body, this power allowed him to wield Force Blast against Gantoris and incinerate him.

Yes, and no. No because Malgus' ability to wield his anger seems pretty unprecedented.

And all I'm saying here is that we are considering corporeal individuals here.

If she is 'kinda meh' then it must not have been the same level of power, because those Jedi in the temple were presumable 'kinda meh' also.

The Jedi in the Temple (excluding Zallow) were all red shirts. Leneer's meh on a 'known Force user' level. She's not top-tier.

I think you've misinterpreted the fight here. It looks to me that Malgus was torturing Adraas, drawing out his pain. If he really wanted to kill him he wouldn't have stopped. Clearly Adraas never stood a chance, even Adraas himself seems to realise that.

The point was that it didn't insta-kill him. And this wasn't just a little burst of lightning like in the Temple. This was a sustained blast.

And I'm not sure what Oneness has to do with anything. Though yes another point in Malgus' favour. Noting that Malgus (and perhaps Sidious) is the only dark sider to ever have achieved Oneness with the Force.[/color]

I assume him achieving Oneness was his peak.

It was an ability/power he had and mastered during his corporeal height of his power if deemed needed correct? Not something he picked up in the temple?

Githany taught him Force Lightning in the library and he instantly mastered it to the level of which he messed up the library. Then she's all worried about her pawn being better than her as no one else mastered it to that level yet and def not as quickly.

(re-read the book recently :D)

Thanks.

I doubt Kun picked up any new tricks whilst in his spiritual form.

However, I theorize that he may have been feeding on the Dark Side energy of Yavin, thus making him stronger. Though, this didn't happen with Marka Ragnos. And if it did, then he's a sad sap.

Maybe mentioning the fact that there was a video comparison (
) of Exar Kun vs Darth Vader is more appropriate for the future duelist thread but it should still count for something both in terms of a concise statement of abilities and insight to someone's opinion of who has the edge in each category.

Exar Kun vs Darth Malgus. Exar Kun was the standard for which Sith were judged for many many years. Note that in the beginning of the Sith Warrior storyline the jailor says (paraphrasing) "everyone's talking about you like you're the 2nd coming of Exar Kun". Exar Kun he says, not Darth Malgus. Exar Kun and the Emperor are the benchmarks for which all Sith Sorcerers are judged pre-Palps but he is also an absolute master of lightsaber combat as well. Malgus' powers and abilities do not stretch across as many areas as Kun's and in most cases not to the mastery of Kun either.

That video kinda messes up some points though..

Yes, and no. No because Malgus' ability to wield his anger seems pretty unprecedented.

However his power was still the same and it disintegrated a Force User, his power didn't change at all, which is the entire point, he was powerful enough to disintegrate a Force User with his Blast.

And even if we don't take that into effect, the only time he EVER used Force Blast against another Force User before the Praxeum was against someone whom Freedon Nadd and King Ommin personally taught it's power to, in-fact she had a working mastery over Sith Alchemy herself, however against any other abilities she got wiped the floor with by Kun, she could defend against it unlike anyone else besides Kun.

Using Aleema Keto is absolutely not a solid argument.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Ah, I found the passage:

Githany stood with Bane at the center of a maelstrom. A fierce wind swirled around them, tearing at her hair and the folds of her robe. It rocked and shook the bookshelves, knocking the manuscripts to the floor and rifling their pages. The air itself was charge with electricity, causing her skin to itch.

It seems to have some of the attributes of a maelstrom. But not all of them. To quote the Book of Anger:

Already, I have perfected the Force maelstrom, which creates an invulnerable energy sphere to block incoming attacks while bombarding enemies with debris and electrifying them with bolts of lightning.

Like this. Sorry for the terrible quality.

That said, Darth Bane is an incredibly powerful Sith Lord - despite being the first.

However his power was still the same and it disintegrated a Force User, his power didn't change at all, which is the entire point, he was powerful enough to disintegrate a Force User with his Blast.

And even if we don't take that into effect, the only time he EVER used Force Blast against another Force User before the Praxeum was against someone whom Freedon Nadd and King Ommin personally taught it's power to, in-fact she had a working mastery over Sith Alchemy herself, however against any other abilities she got wiped the floor with by Kun, she could defend against it unlike anyone else besides Kun.

Using Aleema Keto is absolutely not a solid argument.

I don't see how knowing how to use the ability would protect you against it. And again Exar Kun's powers were considerably bolstered by his use of essence transfer.

Ah, I found the passage:

Githany stood with Bane at the center of a maelstrom. A fierce wind swirled around them, tearing at her hair and the folds of her robe. It rocked and shook the bookshelves, knocking the manuscripts to the floor and rifling their pages. The air itself was charge with electricity, causing her skin to itch.

It seems to have some of the attributes of a maelstrom. But not all of them. To quote the Book of Anger:

Already, I have perfected the Force maelstrom, which creates an invulnerable energy sphere to block incoming attacks while bombarding enemies with debris and electrifying them with bolts of lightning.

Like this. Sorry for the terrible quality.

That said, Darth Bane is an incredibly powerful Sith Lord - despite being the first.

Hmm... it bears similarities to Maelstrom, but not all. Understandable, considering that Bane was only a student at the time.

I don't see how knowing how to use the ability would protect you against it. And again Exar Kun's powers were considerably bolstered by his use of essence transfer.

She knew all Sith Magic and had a working mastery of all of it, however when Kun used a regular force attack she got ragdolled.

Yes they were but he was still alive when he absorbed the Massassi it wasn't till he realised what the Jedi planned to do (banish him to the Dark Side with a Wall of Light) that he decided to transfer his essence and cheat death.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Yes they were but he was still alive when he absorbed the Massassi it wasn't till he realised what the Jedi planned to do (banish him to the Dark Side with a Wall of Light) that he decided to transfer his essence and cheat death.
That is a point...