Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some light would be nice, just some clarification concerning exactly how they're making these decisions. What's the criteria? It's obviously not being done on a lightest pop--->highest pop basis. Are they drawing names out of a hat? What? :confused:

It is quite possible the origin realms chosen so far have been the lightest pop of their type/time zone/region/language so far. We really don't know as we have no accurate way to judge this. According to TORStatus, all but the top 10 realms (before transfers started) had populations between 0.99-0.97 which is pretty much a negligible difference, in fact with the way the gather their metric, probably almost completely meaningless. So, yea, we have no clue.

Since the start of this transfer thing....I have this bad feeling about Port Nowhere being in the last batch of servers to be transfered lol...hope I'm wrong

It's because of the server name- Port Nowhere. ;)

I'm on Lord Adraas, myself. While I was referring primarily to RP and simply "seeing people around, doing stuff," I've personally not seen much of an issue with grouping for content. I see Flashpoints being organized all the time, and often get multiple invites for FPs, Heroics and World Bosses per play session. I don't PvP, but I have friends who do and the only time I've heard them complain about queue lengths is when it's 4 in the morning. I'm not currently guilded, so this is all activity I'm seeing out in the open.

Granted, I have noticed some decrease in population in recent weeks. But it seems to me that the issue you're framing may be less one of actual population and more one of "some people simply don't want to do X specific activity." Adding more people to the server may help, to a degree - as long as the new additions are actually open to engaging in the content you're trying to complete.

Its possible I am mistaken, it just seems the last few weeks all content has been dead (not just planetary). So you could be right. Either way IMO more people == better for everyone.

It is quite possible the origin realms chosen so far have been the lightest pop of their type/time zone/region/language so far. We really don't know as we have no accurate way to judge this. According to TORStatus, all but the top 10 realms (before transfers started) had populations between 0.99-0.97 which is pretty much a negligible difference, in fact with the way the gather their metric, probably almost completely meaningless. So, yea, we have no clue.

Look up Thendys Noori that will tell you it has nothing to do with the type, region, or time zone.

Regarding East Coast RP-PvE servers: As of this morning, Rubat Crystal and Lord Adraas are still up in the air. All the others have been sent to The Ebon Hawk. LA is bigger, so my guess is that either (a) both RC and LA will be sent to TEH, or (b) RC will be sent to LA. The first seems more likely to me, one big happy Hawkie. If it's (b), well, as a Rubatnik, let me be the first to salute my new Adrassian (over)lords!

Regarding East Coast RP-PvE servers: As of this morning, Rubat Crystal and Lord Adraas are still up in the air. All the others have been sent to The Ebon Hawk. LA is bigger, so my guess is that either (a) both RC and LA will be sent to TEH, or (b) RC will be sent to LA. The first seems more likely to me, one big happy Hawkie. If it's (b), well, as a Rubatnik, let me be the first to salute my new Adrassian (over)lords!

I'm definitely thinking it will be the former and not the latter at this point.

As of now, the plan is still to maintain transfers between PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, RP-PvP to RP-PvP, and RP-PvE to RP-PvE. The fact that only one RP-PvP server exists for each language in Europe does not change this, so you are right: for this initial phase, there won't be any free character transfers available for these three servers in order to maintain the servers' designations as RP-PvP. However, as we mentioned before, this is all part of our initial service. Future versions of the character transfer service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

Quoting myself here for further clarification. This doesn't mean that we won't be evaluating feedback and populations on an ongoing basis. We will be evaluating the options for folks on these three servers as we continue the initial character transfer service. If anything changes, we will be sure to let folks know immediately.

I'm definitely thinking it will be the former and not the latter at this point.

Logically it makes the most sense. It saves money for BioWare (keeping only 1 server around) and it makes it better for players as it makes grouping/pvp easier to do. I don't mind there being only ONE east cost RP server personally.

You don't really know what the bottom 5 servers are as BW doesnt release this info and TOR Status is not super accurate as they only have the light/standard/heavy/full metric to go by.

For the PvE guys, One interesting thing is that they seem to have not moved very many "IMP heavy" ones yet. Since the quantity and decidedness of "IMP heavy" outweighs the "PUB heavy". My guess is my IMP heavy server is destined for the Shadowlands or Jedi Cov. Hope they took that into account before they did the pairings...

As of now, the plan is still to maintain transfers between PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, RP-PvP to RP-PvP, and RP-PvE to RP-PvE. The fact that only one RP-PvP server exists for each language in Europe does not change this, so you are right: for this initial phase, there won't be any free character transfers available for these three servers in order to maintain the servers' designations as RP-PvP. However, as we mentioned before, this is all part of our initial service. Future versions of the character transfer service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

This is the kind of desicion making that made you guys lose 400.000 subscribers, and you are going to lose much more than that if you continue acting like this.

Give your customers on RP-PVP the ability to transfer like everyone else!

Updated List as of 1:06pm EST

Perlemian Trade Route to Drooga's Pleasure Barge

Gauntlet of Kressh to The Harbinger

Namadii Corridor to The Harbinger

Krath to The Harbinger

Soresu to The Harbinger

Empress Teta to The Harbinger

Shaltin Tunnels to The Progenitor

Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony

Vrook Lamar to Begeren Colony

Rakata Mind Prison to The Bastion

The Crucible Pits to The Bastion

The Corsair to Canderous Ordo

Krayiss Obelisk to Canderous Ordo

The Courageous to Canderous Ordo

Kathol Rift to Canderous Ordo

Whitebeam Run to Canderous Ordo

Black Vulkars to The Bastion

Daragon Trail to The Bastion

Nadd's Sarcophagus to The Bastion

Trask Ulgo to The Progenitor

Princess Galia to Darth Nihilus

The Restoration Zone to Jar'Kai Sword

Loramarr to Jar'Kai Sword

The Krath Enchanter to Jar'Kai Sword

Pius Dea to Jar'Kai Sword

Phateem Halls of Knowledge to Mantle of the Force

Vodo-Siosk Baas to Mantle of the Force

Hssiss to Mantle of the Force

Kissai Caste to Mantle of the Force

Gnawer's Roost to Jar'Kai Sword

Murakami Orchid to The Jedi Tower

Mecrosa Order to Darth Nihilus

Atris to Darth Nihilus

Zez-Kai Ell to Canderous Ordo

Baron Deathmark to Darth Nihilus

Stereb Cities to The Jedi Tower

Handmaidens of Atris to The Jedi Tower

The Cinzia to The Jedi Tower

Dreypa's Oubliette to The Jedi Tower

Dol Grenn to Darth Nihilus

Ajunta Pall to Jung Ma

Master Zhar Lestin to Drooga's Pleasure Barge

Fa'athra to Drooga's Pleasure Barge

Cho Mai to The Fatman

Mask of Nihilus to Drooga's Pleasure Barge

Darth Xedrix to Drooga's Pleasure Barge

Kath Hound to The Ebon Hawk

Shien to The Ebon Hawk

Sanctum of the Exalted to The Ebon Hawk

Firkrann Crystal to The Fatman

Hedarr Soongh to The Fatman

Keetael to Jedi Covenant

Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant

Sedyn Kyne to Jedi Covenant

Khoonda Militia to Jedi Covenant

Kinrath Spider to The Fatman

Thendys Noori to The Fatman

Rwookrrorro to The Fatman

The Deadweight to The Fatman

Lord Adraas to The Ebon Hawk

Rubat Crystal to The Ebon Hawk

Ula Vii to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

The Exile's Crystal to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

The Shadow Runner to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Kai-kan to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Tassaa Bareesh to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

The Defenestrator to Jedi Covenant

Ven Zallow to Jung Ma

Kessel Run to Battle Meditation

The Kumumgah to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Uthar Wynn to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Eye of Ashlanae to The Red Eclipse

Cassus Fett to Vanjervalis Chain

Zayne Carrick to Vanjervalis Chain

Ludo Kressh to The Red Eclipse

Sluis Shipyards to The Red Eclipse

Senator Contispex to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Goluud Corridor to The Red Eclipse

Rogue Moon to The Red Eclipse

Master Dorak to Canderous Ordo

*Make sure to check "Character Transfers" within your account. It seems to be the first thing that is updated.

Edited by Spillz