Why only 1 crafting skill

wangchi

I just started tryin to learn about my companion crafting skills, i have a couple of questions though. Does each companion get its own crafting skills, or do all 3 have the same skills? being a bh, i want the armor an weapons skills, i havent seen anything on this question. thanks for the help.

crafting skill with reverse engineering can get mats from item drops. I got armormech to level 15 on a level 10 char without finding any resource nodes or using market.

So if it were possible I could get synth weaving and artifice on same force user char, and be able to equip myself with reprocessing every item spawn, upgrading and reprocessing continually.

The one crafting skill encourages diversity in crafting and one char not being able to do everything themselves.

One crafting skill and three skills total per character, not companion.

It is for community and economy reasons.

That's terrible. I selected armor crafting thinking I could build more cool stuff, I guess they expect everyone who plays this game to make one of each character for crafting every single thing out there :|

Clearly they want you to interact with other players. After all, it is an MMO (multiplayer being a key element). Trade on the GTN or join a guild, or get some friends willing to trade. Keeps the economy going.

Of course, you could crank up more crafting toons, but that would defeat the purpose...