Some tips for the balance

MikeTheDuke

I am new to teh PvP scene in terms of dedicating a character to it. Once I was off Tython my Consular/Sage hit the warzone and I have had mixed succcess. But my big question is the balance, and I am sure I am not the only one. I can come up against some high level players, 40+ even 30+ and feel very under-powered against them. They have bolstered my stats to level 49, but this doesn't take into account the additions in stats for gear, for data crons (since higher levels can get more of them) and abilities since at level 16, I do not have a lot of high power abilities, I have just broken into the second tier of my tree.

Is there anything I can do to help mitgate this to some degree. I mean I am unable to comepete with someone who does a Smash against me for 4K damage and me my max is maybe 1.2K critical, at this point.

I am new to teh PvP scene in terms of dedicating a character to it. Once I was off Tython my Consular/Sage hit the warzone and I have had mixed succcess. But my big question is the balance, and I am sure I am not the only one. I can come up against some high level players, 40+ even 30+ and feel very under-powered against them. They have bolstered my stats to level 49, but this doesn't take into account the additions in stats for gear, for data crons (since higher levels can get more of them) and abilities since at level 16, I do not have a lot of high power abilities, I have just broken into the second tier of my tree.

Is there anything I can do to help mitgate this to some degree. I mean I am unable to comepete with someone who does a Smash against me for 4K damage and me my max is maybe 1.2K critical, at this point.

as a sorc/sage

you either need to be the top 1% of ur class, skill wise..

or prepare to be utterly destroyed by fotm classes indefinitely

but sorc/sages can be pretty decent in lowbie bracket pvp once ur in your 30's

as a sorc/sage

This pretty much covers it, from 30 - 49 as a Lighting Sorc I had a lot of fun in pvp, but than again I was running purple gear with augments. At 50, it turns into bubble stun, and kite or killed in three. Ounce you get your end pvp gear (if you do not give up out of frustration) it will level out some.

Sorc is on par, some would argue that it's even great, in the lowbie bracket. I completely steamrolled my way through lowbie on my last sorc and dinged 50 with a 93 % win percentage, all from solo'ing. I never had any issues with twinks or high levels in general because unlike the 50 bracket, where some AC'es really benefit from power stacking and expertise at the same time as sorcs don't, you'll have decent output and mititgation compared to the rest. Or make that, we all have the same crappy mitigation so Death field and whatnot is closer to smash and other powerful abilties. I was smashed for a maximum of 4,8K lowbie but had I been in BiS gear for my level it would have been less than 1/3 of my HP. At 50 you'll constantly take close to 7K smashes on your BiS WH, which is percent'wise more and just stupid at end-game.

as a sorc/sage

you need to be buying modable gear (orange) and keeping ur Mods up to date with ur lvl at all times to succeed in pvp lvling up