Find Weakness hurts my eyes

Vaspar

Have they introduced a better way to see when this procs? I'm sure most know what I'm talking about but I'm referring to the Find Weakness Proc from Infiltration Tactics talen in the Infiltration Tree.

Having to keep looking over at my status window to see my buff bar to see if its up or not really puts me at a disadvantage versus similarly spec'd Assassin's in pvp, you know, since they get a HUGE PURPLEISH BLACK AURA THAT SURROUNDS THEM WHEN THEY GET IT... uhm... so anyways, have they added a visual or audio queue for Shadows that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Edited by Vaspar
Typos

What I've ended up doing is making my characters stat area the largest possible and place it just above center screen with the effects on the bottom. Helps quite a bit. It's too bad that the status effects are tied to the character stats. I'd love to put that out there by itself.

A little golden cloud puffs out of your character's chest when Find Weakness procs. It lasts for 1 second.

Just tested this out and, yah, it's nearly imperceptible. We could really use a "riposte" kind of effect like on the JK.

It's too bad that the status effects are tied to the character stats. I'd love to put that out there by itself.

People have been asking for this since beta. Unbelievably (or perhaps not too unbelievably) it hasn't happened. I was expecting it with the UI update back in 1.2 but alas no. So I continue to stare at my effects bar every 9 seconds until I see the proc.

i dont really see how this is a problem... the icon pops up right there with your buffs

maybe spend a little less time looking for shiny stuff on your toon?

Not everyone likes staring at stagnate icons at the bottom of their and perhaps prefer to enjoy the actual game. Dont tell me how to play my game and I wont tell you how to play yours.

you are aware that you can move around the stuff in your UI right? try to place the player frame somewhere that you'd be more comfortable noticing proccs going on

also you can change the scale on it so that it's bigger.. personally i prefer not to glow like a christmas tree when i got my proccs

Edited by hallucigenocide

i dont really see how this is a problem... the icon pops up right there with your buffs

maybe spend a little less time looking for shiny stuff on your toon?

Why is there always someone who has to belittle people who would like to have different options from them. Other games have "enable combat response effects" and such. Why can't those players who want to have an effect visible on their character have that option? Because you wouldn't use it?

You should be championing your fellow players desires for more game options if it does not negatively affect your own gameplay, not coming up with such unhelpful suggestions as "spend a little less time looking for shiny stuff on your toon".

And although having a huge player portrait area with massive icons smack in the middle of their screen may work for some, I don't like having the view of the action obscured in such a way.

Why is there always someone who has to belittle people who would like to have different options from them. Other games have "enable combat response effects" and such. Why can't those players who want to have an effect visible on their character have that option? Because you wouldn't use it?

You should be championing your fellow players desires for more game options if it does not negatively affect your own gameplay, not coming up with such unhelpful suggestions as "spend a little less time looking for shiny stuff on your toon".

And although having a huge player portrait area with massive icons smack in the middle of their screen may work for some, I don't like having the view of the action obscured in such a way.

i'm not trying to "belittle" anyone i just feel like sometimes there's people whom are misinformed and then i try to enlighten them. and no i wont "champion" my fellow players desires if i do not agree with them.

i'm not trying to "belittle" anyone i just feel like sometimes there's people whom are misinformed and then i try to enlighten them. and no i wont "champion" my fellow players desires if i do not agree with them.

Not a single person in this thread was misinformed in the way you are refering to.

You came in here and "informed us" that the buff appears in our buff bar, no ****.... really? We know it appears there, thats why the OP says it hurts his eyes. He doesn't want to stare at a little square for hours on end. It doesnt matter how big you make the buff bar, (especially sits it stupidly attached to the portrait) staring at one area strains eyes, is not conducive of a good gameplay experience, and detracts from the actual gameplay taking place. Lastly, i would like to point taking your eyes off the fight during an OPS to watch your buff bar the whole time leads to wipes.