defeat Vaylin's spirit.

kenbe

I can't count the number of times I have tried and still can't beat her. It makes me want to quit the game altogether. I play for fun, it's not fun anymore. My character is a gunslinger, Idon't even know what most of the terms people are using in this thread on tricks to beat her. I think I am screwed and just not going to advance past this part to enjoy the game.

On my merc I almost killed myself because I was just outside the circle that reflects damage.

On your slinger pretty much you want to be humping her. If you're close enough to touch butts you don't need to worry about her reflecting your attacks and you killing yourself.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Merc is going through this same problem. No matter what I do, how many strategies I go through, I can't kill the *bleep* . Is there any way to get a friend, or a companion in on this? I've loaded up on my skill set and all that, but it doesn't seem enough.

The closest I've come to killing her is standing in a respawn spot for the healing circles and letting Vaylan get zapped with them. But then she gets to blast me off the island.

Yep, tired and frustrated. Maybe one of my others will ahve a better chance.

My Merc is going through this same problem. No matter what I do, how many strategies I go through, I can't kill the *bleep* . Is there any way to get a friend, or a companion in on this? I've loaded up on my skill set and all that, but it doesn't seem enough.

The closest I've come to killing her is standing in a respawn spot for the healing circles and letting Vaylan get zapped with them. But then she gets to blast me off the island.

Yep, tired and frustrated. Maybe one of my others will ahve a better chance.

The first time I did this fight with a Trooper Commando, I spent the entire fight running around her, blasting her with the assault cannon (occasionally running to the green blobs for a quick heal). It took a while (and got boring real quick) but I did it in one shot. The second time I did it was with a Sith Assassin; that fight was a close one (health got down to 10% a few times). I'm about to attempt this again with a Vanguard Plasmatech. The key seems to be staying on the move constantly.

Hey guys, I am kiting the hell out of her and she constantly resets. So I'll get her on the stairs, she'll be down a little health then all of a sudden she disappears and resets. I had her half way down by leading her through the healing circles, she was half way down then reset. I don't know how to complete this and frankly, I'm thinking about unsubbing all over again because it pisses me off something fierce that those dark side people who kept the spirt get the healing help and the rest of us don't and there is no way to go back and change it.

I'm on jedi covenant if anyone wants to come in and help me. I'm a shadow.

Honestly, this is the stupidest f'ing fight in either KOTFE or KOTET.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

<sarcasm> I just so love to be told the fight is easy. </sarcasm>

Yeah that pisses me off too. I was at the top of the stairs and fighting her there. I have to jump down to get health, run back up and fight her again, just so she wouldn't reset. I still couldn't kill her and this throwing someone around like a damned ragged doll is freaking stupid. BW Austin, are you listening to me??? Damned stupid. I think I'm unsubbing again. I did like KOTET better than KOTFE but if I had know you needed to do dark side choices to succeed, I never would have done it with my jedi shadow.

Edit: Finally, for those who are having trouble, be about 4 feet from the stairs when you attack her and stay there, the heal circles will come to you. Keep to two attacks and just attack over and over again. The only time you should move from this spot is when you need to avoid the red. Otherwise, this is the only thing that worked for me.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

I also like being told this fight is impossible to do without having the dark side companion. I have done it 5 times, my sawbone healer , my operative, my sentinel, my shadow and my sorceress. All of them light side but my sorceress.

Yes it is hard but you need to pay attention to the mechanics and use your interrupt. When she goes to slam you then use interrupt.

Edited by casirabit

I have defeated her 5 times so far. What I do is a very quick hit and run, get behind the green healing circles so that she has to cross into them to get to you, she takes a lot of damage each time. Keep that up, a very quick hit then run, run in a circular pattern around the back of the stairs, keep drawing her into the green healing circles. Each time she gets weaker and eventually dies. Takes about 5 to 10 times to draw her into the healing circles for her to take enough damage to kill her. Heal yourself in the circles when needed, then run and keep drawing her in. Don't try to fight her for long, better to quick hit and run. Takes a while but it has worked for me 5 times so far.

Here is a problem that I have not seen described elsewhere in this thread (apologies if I overlooked it):

On my first time trying this battle, I had Lord Dramath with me from the holocron and had him set to heal, and the fight against Vaylin's and Arcann's spirits was going OK until I died from getting knocked over the edge by that knockback of Vaylin's. I figured, no problem, I will just have another go at it later. I had to log off right then for IRL reason and come back online later, but that shouldn't make a difference.

But here I am later in the day, trying the Vaylin+Arcann spirit battle again, and this time I have no companion. Dramath is listed in my Companions list but is shown as not summonable "due to story reasons". Is there anything I can do to get him back - just for the Vaylin+Arcann battle, of course - or am I just doomed to handle this battle on my own?

Supplementary info in case it matters: Level 70 Commando on the Shadowlands server.

Edited by revholm
to add some more details

Here is a problem that I have not seen described elsewhere in this thread (apologies if I overlooked it):

On my first time trying this battle, I had Lord Dramath with me from the holocron and had him set to heal, and the fight against Vaylin's and Arcann's spirits was going OK until I died from getting knocked over the edge by that knockback of Vaylin's. I figured, no problem, I will just have another go at it later. I had to log off right then for IRL reason and come back online later, but that shouldn't make a difference.

But here I am later in the day, trying the Vaylin+Arcann spirit battle again, and this time I have no companion. Dramath is listed in my Companions list but is shown as not summonable "due to story reasons". Is there anything I can do to get him back - just for the Vaylin+Arcann battle, of course - or am I just doomed to handle this battle on my own?

Supplementary info in case it matters: Level 70 Commando on the Shadowlands server.

You may have to reset the mission.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got this done whit my gunslinger. It was just pure luck, I used the run around tactic and was desperatly looking for a healing circle when she stunned me right by the spawning place. I was so damn pissed, was sure I was dead and had her way down on health....suddenly things stopped and I got the cut scene!:) Obviously a healing circle had spawned and got her just in time.

My gear was only what I got from starting point as lvl 65 until this fight. So I had lousy gear, didnt do anything with my utility points either.

This is not a storyline i want to do again!! If I do I will be sure to go dark and get Lord dramath or whatever help me out.

• 1 month later...
I also like being told this fight is impossible to do without having the dark side companion. I have done it 5 times, my sawbone healer , my operative, my sentinel, my shadow and my sorceress. All of them light side but my sorceress.

Yes it is hard but you need to pay attention to the mechanics and use your interrupt. When she goes to slam you then use interrupt.

Tthe slam is instant, and once it launches all my spells go inactive.

Okay, I stopped playing the game for about 6 months because I could not get past this thing after about 50 tries. Then when I came back, I played other "end of game" content (mostly repeatable missions), purchased mods and slowly gathered better gear. After about 3 months, I decided I would try again. Read the forums once again. It had the same advice I tried before, but I decided, what the heck, I'd try it again.

Character: Level 70 Sniper, maxed out for DPS and long range attacks (my preferred way of fighting). All gear is over 200 (mostly level 65). Melee attacks are weak, almost no healing abilities other than the adrenal probe and by taking cover. Not the ideal character for this battle.

Attempt 1: Tried following most of the advice here about only attacking her within the purple range, running away when the red circle appears, etc. Tried to use cover to heal myself while she attacked. Kited her about half the time. Still died. I was still thinking like a Sniper.

Attempt 2: Decided to rethink everything, and defeated her easily (although it was a very tedious boring fight). The key appears to be this: forget everything you know about your character's abilities. This is especially true for Snipers since thinking like a Sniper simply won't work in this fight at all.

What I did differently that worked:

1. I changed up the quick bar to only have things that heal or shield or disrupt. No attacking abilities at all. As a long range DPS character, almost everything I had was best designed to attack from a distance, which won't work at all in this fight.

I basically used these four abilities:

A. Shield Probe

B. Adrenal Probe

C. Countermeasures

D. Escape

2. Then I just ran away from her the whole time. I kept running in circles, mostly counter-clockwise. Healed myself when necessary with the green "Memory of Healing", but lured her into the green circle to damage her.

No attacking at all. And just used the probes, countermeasures and escape to keep me alive long enough to get her into one of those green circles.

So basically, if you have a preferred fighting style, forget about it. It probably won't work here. You have to think differently for this fight. It's the only way you will win. That, and better gear.

Edited by WisTexOfficial

• 1 month later...

Confirmed. The gimmick is you don't actually fight her. Put the healing circles between her and yourself. If she is hit around 4-5 times she is finished.

Put your escape at 1. Use interrupts, avoidance and healings.

Just keep running around the stair. Try to keep out of sight. Keep an eye on your mini map for her location because sometimes she stops and you run back right into her. Not clever.

She has a pull spell she can use if you are in sight.

She has an explosive spell which will knock you over the cliff. She stops and builds this up, surrounded by a red circle. Avoid it.

If she catches you she can use a slam spell. Must be avoided at all costs. Interrupt and run.

Had my arse handed to me a number of times before I realized this. Use your fleet pass to mend your gear and push play to get you back. You will need it for the next battle.

Edited by Meritangelos

• 4 months later...

First off, wanted to thank everyone for all of the feedback regarding this fight. Having tried it many, many times before looking here, I must say, I made it the first time once I read over some of the tactics. Here is what worked best for me:

1) Avoid line of sight with Vaylin's Spirit as much as possible

2) Let the "healing spirits" kill her - these are FAR more effective against her than any attacks you could muster, and the risk is almost zero. Keep running circles around the stairs, staying out of her line of sight, until you see one of the healing orbs spawn. Then, merely run past it, noting the path it will take (they rotate the stairs in a very noticeable pattern), and wait for Vaylin's spirit to engage you (in the path of the healing spirit). When the spirit makes contact with her, she will lose a lot of damage and be stunned for about 5 seconds. Rush her, hit her once or twice with your most powerful melee attacks, then run out of sight before she "unstuns."

3) Repeat this second step, occasionally using one of the healing spirits to maintain your health (if you don't have someone trapped in a holocron healing you, which I did not). Save your personal "unstun" abilities for when she gets stun happy, and try not to let your health get below 75%, as she can combo you into oblivion very quickly.

I was able to take her out with 4 or 5 healing orbs, and I only used two for myself. Total fight time: about two minutes

I did this without the help from the holocron spirit. I got it on second attempt, with no idea what I was doing.

Level 70 darkness 'sin. I probably would have saved myself a lot of annoyance if I read about the fight and mechanics first ;)

• 1 month later...

for vaylin spirit you need to be mobiel and gunslinger/sniper are not realy that

when she charge up you have time to bunker and go full power but stay away of her range

and then kite around and take those heal things that are floating around the area

and w8 til she charge up again

its a long fight but with that am sure you can make it

• 2 weeks later...
for vaylin spirit you need to be mobiel and gunslinger/sniper are not realy that

when she charge up you have time to bunker and go full power but stay away of her range

and then kite around and take those heal things that are floating around the area

and w8 til she charge up again

its a long fight but with that am sure you can make it

Nope. It is in NO way *necessary* to be "mobile". It might *help* but it isn't *necessary*. When she curls up, run away to not be bounced off the island, but other than that, facetank her up close and personal(1). Or, rather, that's *always* worked for me. With or without Dramath, no difference.

And that includes on a Gunslinger that I deliberately gimped by releasing Dramath.

(1) If you can see a gap between the muzzle of your gun(s) and her face, you're too far away.

• 1 month later...
Okay, I stopped playing the game for about 6 months because I could not get past this thing after about 50 tries. Then when I came back, I played other "end of game" content (mostly repeatable missions), purchased mods and slowly gathered better gear. After about 3 months, I decided I would try again. Read the forums once again. It had the same advice I tried before, but I decided, what the heck, I'd try it again.

Character: Level 70 Sniper, maxed out for DPS and long range attacks (my preferred way of fighting). All gear is over 200 (mostly level 65). Melee attacks are weak, almost no healing abilities other than the adrenal probe and by taking cover. Not the ideal character for this battle.

Attempt 1: Tried following most of the advice here about only attacking her within the purple range, running away when the red circle appears, etc. Tried to use cover to heal myself while she attacked. Kited her about half the time. Still died. I was still thinking like a Sniper.

Attempt 2: Decided to rethink everything, and defeated her easily (although it was a very tedious boring fight). The key appears to be this: forget everything you know about your character's abilities. This is especially true for Snipers since thinking like a Sniper simply won't work in this fight at all.

What I did differently that worked:

1. I changed up the quick bar to only have things that heal or shield or disrupt. No attacking abilities at all. As a long range DPS character, almost everything I had was best designed to attack from a distance, which won't work at all in this fight.

I basically used these four abilities:

A. Shield Probe

B. Adrenal Probe

C. Countermeasures

D. Escape

2. Then I just ran away from her the whole time. I kept running in circles, mostly counter-clockwise. Healed myself when necessary with the green "Memory of Healing", but lured her into the green circle to damage her.

No attacking at all. And just used the probes, countermeasures and escape to keep me alive long enough to get her into one of those green circles.

So basically, if you have a preferred fighting style, forget about it. It probably won't work here. You have to think differently for this fight. It's the only way you will win. That, and better gear.

I am a Jedi Shadow: I read several posts after trying and dying 2 times. So i popped in here and found the above ideas.

This is what I did: Moved my skill that interrupts to the 4 spot and then I kited (ran around like a chicken w/her head chopped off) and maneuvered my way around to get the Healing thingys between Vaylin and myself. I may have used a skill here and there but I kept moving. (i hardly had time to use my interrupt skill, kiting around like a sheet in the wind did it along with the healing circles)

I read a thread where a character stood at the bottom of the stairs, i tried that but mostly I just ran around and it worked. Getting Vaylin to be in the healing circles kills lowers her health tremendously and quick! (i did utilize the stairs as a way to get to the Healing areas quicker but if u try it, be sure not to jump from too high or you'll defeat that purpose ) lol

Thanks to those of you who posted what you did to defeat Vaylin.