White LS crystal will be available in 1.5 but...

Alec_Fortescue

Guild Wars 1 never had "Gambling Boxes" in their shop. Only Cosmetic items, expansions, skill/pet unlock packs, and character slots.

---

On topic: It's nice to see the return of white crystals, however it's cheap tactics. Introduce the white crystal, players want them, take them away, make players go crazy trying to acquire them, later give them a little chance of receiving one if they pay up.

Those are the same tactics Mc Donalds uses for the Mc Rib.

In all honesty I'd rather buy the McRib!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? For lots it is about the looks. Don't tell me such scenarios aren't taking place in freemium games: "I paid for my uber-looking armor set and weapons and I look way better than you. You can't afford it and you're running around in your basic equipment meant for poverty." Or even when someone in totally amazing amor doesn't say a word you still feel bad and you want his gear but it's not attainable through normal gameplay. Considering the drop rates for white crystals they might be rather expensive if it's the only thing you'll be after from the packs.

If you want to argue that cosmetic items shouldn't be purchasable that is your business. But you can't hijack the term "pay to win" and assign it your own meaning when it already has a very strict definition it terms of not having the gear to fight competitively in PvP or PvE unless you pay.

By using "pay to win" you are attempting to over-dramatize the subject with an extremely transparent miss-use of the term. I'm going to have a hard time taking any thing else you say seriously.

Edited by Pepperawr