Starting class story with level 70 character - should I expect the level sync?

Highsis

I'm returning to SWTOR for the expansion for the first time in many years.

I want to refresh my memory by playing through a class story. I want it done as soon as possible so I bought a datacron that boosts my character level to 70. However I came across something called level sync from this forum that supposedly 'lowers' your level to the planet's highest level.

Does that mean my level 70 character will play like level 10 in Korriban for instance?

If that's the case I don't see any point in creating a level 70 character since it's expensive. What's the fastest way to go through a class storyline?(I've already played through all class stories multiple times, I just want it done as fast as possible?) With level 70 boost I was looking forward to something like this: set up a character skill tree and never look at it again - get the main mission-run to the boss ignoring all the enemy fire-kill the boss in 10 sec-watch the cutscene-repeat but this seems not feasible with level sync.:(

Edited by Highsis

Yes, a level 70 will perform as a "maxed out" level 12 or so, on Korriban, Hutta, Tython and Ord Mantell.

As to whether or not it's 'worth' it, a few things:

• You'll have all your abilities right off the bat, as opposed to having to acquire them from a trainer, which can be cumbersome when you're in the middle of doing story content unless you have a "trainer" holostatue (which aren't hard to get, but not everyone has them).

You'll perform as the max level that still qualifies for full xp and loot rewards under the level system. So if, just for arguments sake, Tatooine was for levels 24 to 32, you wouldn't be performing as a level 24 with minimal gear for the planet, but as a fully geared level 32.

If this still persuades you not to bother, then a good way to level are planetary heroics (most of which can be soloed with a comp that has decent influence level-- usually level 10-20 for most heroics) and story mode (solo) flashpoints. This will be Black Talon / Esseles until you reach a certain point, then Taral V - Maelstrom Prison / Boarding Party - The Foundry, and then as you get closer to level 50, Directive 7. The combat support droid provided for these flashpoints practically does all the work.

Planetary heroics also give high quality gear, although there's some RNG involved as far as getting exactly what you want.

EDIT: >>get the main mission-run to the boss ignoring all the enemy fire-kill the boss in 10 sec-watch the cutscene-repeat <<

No, this will not be feasible even with a level 70 token, sorry.

Edited by HollyUSEC

I am glad I decided to read the forums today, I had no idea a datacron existed that could bump my level to 70. I have a level 20 Powertech tank that is in limbo because EAWARE raised the level needed to get Jet Charge, now I can buy this Datacron and enjoy.

PS I still kind of dislike EAWARE but at least they are not ACTIVISION BLIZZARD 'Free Hong Kong revolution of our tme"

"That's it man, game over man, game over"