Rakghoul Resurgence event guide [WIP]

Iwipe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide like normal. I thought with the return of the Rakghoul plague we would get another chance at getting Republic Containment Officer and Imperial Containment Officer sets.

looks like that was a one -off but you never know since it is coming back to tatooine as well. glad I got mine when I did :p

I really hope we can get a +41 power version of the black-green. my crit crystal has been sitting bound and unused in my inventory all this time :(

DNA Canisters are unfortunately BOP. No idea on length sorry but it does seems to be a recurring one as Alderaan is not the only planet with this event it appears.

In a game like SWTOR that has been designed around legacy characters and building that legacy, making these drops BOP so you can't use then on your main legacy toon just seems stupid.

Edited by Quraswren

In a game like SWTOR that has been designed around legacy characters and building that legacy, making these drops BOP so you can't use then on your main legacy toon just seems stupid.

well they did say a couple months ago that they were considering making the event tokens BtL and would partly base the decision on community feedback. so I'm still holding out hope.

well they did say a couple months ago that they were considering making the event tokens BtL and would partly base the decision on community feedback. so I'm still holding out hope.

The event is out. Their minds are made up. No BtL is going to happen.

It's not a content killer but it kinda sucks.

As I missed original one and get only rumors about...

- Is (and how) plague affect other players and how it is going to be removed (relics need reputation and are not on par for geared characters or going in raid and there was some vaccine on med vendors but is it work)?

- Could character die when plagued (and is it count as repair dead if die from plague not from mobs)?

- How exactly timed quest works on shared over populated area?

- Is there PvP area on PvE servers (there is no PvP marked quests)?

As far as I know.

(Sorry if I butcher the names)

Alderan Rakghoul Infection level range. 25. minimum

Tattoine Rakghoul infection level range. 35. minimum

Quest Rakghoul infection level range. 45. minimum

Corellia Rakghoul infection level range. 50. minimum

Now? Or later? A bit confused tbh :confused:

Is the H4 role neutral or do we need to spam for standard trinity?

I did it on my DPS merc with a healer friend and our companions so its definitely doable with 2 people provided the heals are there. The champion mobs do some damage and need to be interrupted to minimise this. I did not manage to get every interrupt on my own due to cooldowns. My healer was infected, which didn't help.... I don't think you would need to spam for a tank even though it would be nice to reduce the damage, just make sure there are enough people interrupting and some heals going out.

Can anyone confirm if the Barnacles that drop from the Eyeless are per player or per raid? (i.e., does everyone get some or are they items to roll for?) :rak_02:

As I understand it, 2 drop from 8mode, 4 from 16mode and they're not bound at all.

and yes, you roll for them.

Edited by Infernixx

For those that want to know how to get the pieces required for the mounts/pets Dulfy has it listed on their website and also where/what is the Catalyst.

The Catalyst

The Catalyst is a rare spawn that can replace any of the 5 Fungus Champions you need for the Hey! I’m a Fungi achievement. Like the Fungus Champions, it has a chance to drop the parts you need to purchase the mounts and pets from Jeelvic.

I have not had any of the parts drop yet from the champs, but I did however get a Fungal Rakling from one. But i've killed about 20 of them so far and only 1 dropped, along with 1 Rakghoul DNA Sample per mob.

are the DNA Samples that drop now the same as the old event (samples not cannisters)?

It says on the description of the DNA Samples you have to go to Tatooine for the vendor, is that correct? Or is the only option trading them in for Canisters?

Thanks