Watchman PvE 55: what would you like to get?

BogyOne

Yep! EZ Mode...which is not something we should be. Any dps can get on a sentinel and pull above average dps numbers. Not everyone can get on a Sentinel and do the OMGZSUPAOPMASSIVEDPSRAPEFACE that some of us can do. If everyone can do that....we would be even more powerful then we already are. I think there needs to be a dividing line here.

I agree...to some extent...however...the ramp up time for burn windows on hm/NM bosses is extremely slow compared to other trees. We are supposed to be great for pve raids...and with all the emphasis on burst now we're competitive at best in raids with slightly more utility. I love watchman...but I have to say combat is FAR more acclimated to current raid content.

If you can suggest a solution that decreases ramp up time...does not increase maximum dps noticeably...and is not an "ez mode" fix in your own eyes...I am all ears. Because I love watchman....I have thought long and hard about this. I am not saying annihilate should hit for 7-8k...I am saying we need less build up time...it takes 23 seconds to go from 0to 3 stacks of merciless operating fluidly without mistakes...that is not considering an appropriate opener to build focus and establish burns either....if you account for that it's 30 seconds basically. Where as combat is doing full damage in 4 or 5 GCD which is 6-8 seconds...and watchman is not so much more dps at peak that it's worth losing 80+% of a burn window or more to get to full speed.

THAT gentleman is our issue.

AOE knockBack is what i want

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! As a watchman...there is NO REASON to want to push things away...if your forceleap isn't talented to 0 range already....then you are flat out doing it wrong. There is no debating this point either. Some things are personal preference....that one is not.

I agree...to some extent...however...the ramp up time for burn windows on hm/NM bosses is extremely slow compared to other trees. We are supposed to be great for pve raids...and with all the emphasis on burst now we're competitive at best in raids with slightly more utility. I love watchman...but I have to say combat is FAR more acclimated to current raid content.

If you can suggest a solution that decreases ramp up time...does not increase maximum dps noticeably...and is not an "ez mode" fix in your own eyes...I am all ears. Because I love watchman....I have thought long and hard about this. I am not saying annihilate should hit for 7-8k...I am saying we need less build up time...it takes 23 seconds to go from 0to 3 stacks of merciless operating fluidly without mistakes...that is not considering an appropriate opener to build focus and establish burns either....if you account for that it's 30 seconds basically. Where as combat is doing full damage in 4 or 5 GCD which is 6-8 seconds...and watchman is not so much more dps at peak that it's worth losing 80+% of a burn window or more to get to full speed.

THAT gentleman is our issue.

So, you want a DoT tree that has its damage front-loaded? Sure, in the first 15 Seconds of a fight any burst tree will do more. Start dragging that out over a minute, two minutes and more.....Watchmen winds up winning.

We have to wind up our damage and sustain it. The fluidity and rotation changes we must account for at any given time is what makes this spec fun to play. Having to look at a fight and figure out how to maintain Merciless separates the men from the boys (so to speak). If I wanted to just hit 4 buttons and not worry about anything else I would play a different spec or class. Plain and simple.

I really don't understand people like you, the ones that essentially beg for homogenization.

Now some would say that's a WOW player. Each player can have everything so you have no more problems during setup.

I like the class as it is, and it also needs no updates. I think it's ok that we have the weakest AOE. We have one of the best single target dmg.

So, you want a DoT tree that has its damage front-loaded? Sure, in the first 15 Seconds of a fight any burst tree will do more. Start dragging that out over a minute, two minutes and more.....Watchmen winds up winning.

We have to wind up our damage and sustain it. The fluidity and rotation changes we must account for at any given time is what makes this spec fun to play. Having to look at a fight and figure out how to maintain Merciless separates the men from the boys (so to speak). If I wanted to just hit 4 buttons and not worry about anything else I would play a different spec or class. Plain and simple.

I know watchman wins...handily...but not 30 seconds at a time it doesn't. I don't want it frontloaded either...let me be as precise as I can be so you might finally get it:

Watchman needs ramp up time cut to about 1/2-2/3 of what it takes now. We should be able to hit full stride in about twice as much time as combat. (i.e. about 15+/- seconds).

Do not mistake that as wanting more burst...I think having a Zen for a "burst" phase is fine paired with merciless. No arguments there. However...there are times when you simply cannot sustain stacks because there is really nothing to keep it up on. EV comes to mind instantly against Soa in the bottom of the pit, when he goes invincible even mind traps don't last long enough under focused fire to keep merciless stacks up. In the minefield at denova also comes to mind...I am sure if I think about more fights I can come up with more examples.

Edited by planet_J

I know watchman wins...handily...but not 30 seconds at a time it doesn't. I don't want it frontloaded either...let me be as precise as I can be so you might finally get it:

Watchman needs ramp up time cut to about 1/2-2/3 of what it takes now. We should be able to hit full stride in about twice as much time as combat. (i.e. about 15+/- seconds)

I simply disagree. After the initial ramp up you are set. By the time the second Merc Slash hits you are into your damage. You just maintain it. If I get that ramp up time sooner I would be doing more damage and make the spec easier to control.

I simply disagree. After the initial ramp up you are set. By the time the second Merc Slash hits you are into your damage. You just maintain it. If I get that ramp up time sooner I would be doing more damage and make the spec easier to control.

They can't go back and make fewer burn windows for longer time on a boss because specs like MM or Lethality sniper and carnage/combat sent/Mara have so much burst...

Making fullspeed damage available sooner wouldn't change the balance of dps...you would just do it sooner. Over a 5 min parse you're talking about an average increase less than 10 dps likely...whooptie doo.

They can't go back and make fewer burn windows for longer time on a boss because specs like MM or Lethality sniper and carnage/combat sent/Mara have so much burst...

Making fullspeed damage available sooner wouldn't change the balance of dps...you would just do it sooner. Over a 5 min parse you're talking about an average increase less than 10 dps likely...whooptie doo.

Maybe on a dummy, but when we come down to target switching and mechanics it will shoot that number up for players that are not very skilled. I don't want Watchmen to become a Gunnery Commando spec.

Have y'all seen some of the Datamined **** on darth hater? (note, some of the focus stuff is geared towards guardians).

Focus:

Force Exhaustion: Progressively slows the target from 50% to 5% movement speed over <<x>> seconds and deals <<y>> kinetic damage each second. At the end of the duration, the target is crushed and takes an additional <<z>> kinetic damage. Ticks 3 times.

Singularity: Stacks to 3 times, instead of 4. Requires Shii-Cho form to be active.

Force Guard: Reduces damage taken from Force attacks by <<x>>%. In addition, whenever you reflect Force damage with Saber Reflect, you build <<y>> focus.

Force Health: Reduces the health spent by Guarded by the Force by <<x>>%. In addition, Dual Saber Throw builds <<y>> focus.

Heightened Power: Increases all damage dealt by <<x>>% for <<y>> seconds after using Force Sweep.

Incisor: Force Leap and Zealous Leap have a <<x>>% chance to snare the target, reducing it's movement speed by 50% for <<y>> seconds.

Intervention: Force Leap, Zealous Leap, and Guardian Leap have a <<x>>% chance to grant Intervention, which makes your next Freezing Force cost no focus and activate with a 0.5 second global cooldown.

Jedi Enforcer: Increases the damage dealt by Rebuke by <<x>>% and increases it's duration by <<y>> seconds.

Sokan: Combat Focus has a <<x>>% chance to grant Sokan, removing and granting immunity to all movement slowing effects for the duration.

Sentinel - Combat:

Blade Fan: Increases the damage of Blade Storm and Blade Rush by 3/6/9%.

Contemplation: Reduces the cooldown of Awe by 7.5/15 seconds. In addition, you build up to <<x>> Centering over the course of using Introspection. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

Hand of Justice: Increases the damage dealt by Slash and Blade Rush by 1/2%. In addition, your Ataru Form damage has a 15/30% chance to trigger Hand of Justice, which finishes the cooldown on Dispatch and makes your next Dispatch free and usable on a target with any health level. This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds.

Saber Screen: When your Ataru Form deals damage, your damage reduction and melee and ranged defenses are increased by <<x>>%. Stacks up to 3 times, lasts <<y>> seconds.

Sentinel - Watchman:

Inexhaustible Zeal: Juyo Form can now stack up to 6 times, and Merciless Slash can now stack up to 4 times in total.

Weakening Wounds: Applying a burn effect to your target reduces it's damage dealt by 2.5/5% for <<x>> seconds.

Zealous Ward: Getting attacked while Saber Ward is active heals you for <<x>>% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds.

Sentinel - Watchman:

Inexhaustible Zeal: Juyo Form can now stack up to 6 times, and Merciless Slash can now stack up to 4 times in total.

Weakening Wounds: Applying a burn effect to your target reduces it's damage dealt by 2.5/5% for <<x>> seconds.

Ok and what about nerfs?^^ *rofl*

Ok and what about nerfs?^^ *rofl*
Personally I consider 1 more Merciless stack as nerf or rather sign of lowering its damage and cost.

Maybe extra stack of Juyo is intended to keep us on exactly same level: higher overall damage from 1 more stack, extra 3% crit which ratings can in turn be converted to power. So MS damage should be reduced to balance overall damage output but to convince players that it is a 'buff' we would get one more stack to Merciless but due to Focus starvation we would be able to use it mostly like we use now unless its cost is also reduced. If not, we would loose 4 stacks more frequent than we loose 3 now. But if cost and frequency would be reduced then we're back at reducing damage.

Weakening Wounds? Heal during Saber Ward? Am I tank or what? Are there no healers in raids? It may be PvP relevant only...

Pessimistic scenario: we may get exactly what we already have and be expected to be grateful for the new stuff. Some buff, huh? ;)

Edited by BogyOne

Gree event kept me from collecting your replies in OP, thanks again. :)

I was also thinking about idea for another new skill:

Force Stasis/Choke slightly buffs the burn damage taken by the target - so the overall damage with burns is bigger than 2 Strikes but smaller when no burns are present. As further incentive it could add (only) 1 more focus in case any of the ticks crit while burns are present on target.

It would act as mini Zen, rotating with it sometimes but at same time would be weaker, would not apply OS stack (prolonging its application and ticks) would allow to build focus (alternative to Zealous Strike and Force Leap when on CD) and add 10m range ability to frequently used ones.

I have mixed feelings about this but sharing the idea anyway. :)

Edited by BogyOne

Gree event kept me from collecting your replies in OP, thanks again. :)

I was also thinking about idea for another new skill:

Force Stasis/Choke slightly buffs the burn damage taken by the target - so the overall damage with burns is bigger than 2 Strikes but smaller when no burns are present. As further incentive it could add (only) 1 more focus in case any of the ticks crit while burns are present on target.

It would act as mini Zen, rotating with it sometimes but at same time would be weaker, would not apply OS stack (prolonging its application and ticks) would allow to build focus (alternative to Zealous Strike and Force Leap when on CD) and add 10m range ability to frequently used ones.

I have mixed feelings about this but sharing the idea anyway. :)

Hmmm, I actually like the idea of this. During the 3 second channel of Force Stasis, Burn damage would be increased x%. Just that. It would allow for DoT stacking spacing without loosing too much damage and it would add a tool to increase our damage for 3 seconds every minute. I think it would add a nice synergy with how the class plays.

Personally I consider 1 more Merciless stack as nerf or rather sign of lowering its damage and cost.

;)

Now you just have to play more accurately. The buff can run out much faster which increases the requirement to play a Sentinel well.

This could for the whole FOTM player sometimes be a nerf. Especially in PVP :D

Now you just have to play more accurately. The buff can run out much faster which increases the requirement to play a Sentinel well.

This could for the whole FOTM player sometimes be a nerf. Especially in PVP :D

I'd say: let's see what they do with MS before discussing any further whether 1 more stack is buff or nerf until we learn about more MS changes. Definitely, it lacks imagination and in third expansion we'll have to spam it every GCD. Blast, we can even enter timewarp and have to cast second next MS before next one with negative CD on MS! ;)

On the front of preventing loss of Merciless buff I came up with following idea:

New talent point ability, off GCD: burn crits would build its stacks up to 15(?), not more often than once per 6 second. When used it consumes the stacks to maintain Merciless for duration in seconds corresponding to ability stacks. Cooldown 30 seconds or 1 minute, next Merciless Slash resets the ability.

It could serve as emergency during phase switches. It would however be much simpler if we would gain and lose stacks by 1. :) We would still suffer from loss but not be too OP through duration of fight.

Cheers,

Bogy

Edited by BogyOne