A Heartfelt Thank You

outcastangel

I just wanted to thank all of the true Star Wars fans who are remaining loyal to The Old Republic. With the launch of GW2 and all of the other competition out there it must be hard to retain customers, but I feel this game is by far, still the most entertaining and balanced game out there. I purchased and played GW2 and played at the early launch to make my hubby happy, but my hard earned money will continue to be spent here, even when the game goes Free 2 Play. I feel the people involved with this game really listen to their fans and work hard to accommodate them. The patches and down time is spread out reasonably so we can get back to playing, the bugs encountered and reported are dealt with quickly and though there are lag issues, that is a small price to pay, I feel, when you look at the graphics involved in this game, I enjoy the non-cartoonish realistic look and am willing to deal with a little lag or spend the $50 to upgrade my comp in exchange for the realistic look I get.

I also find that the questing cutscenes with the voice over acting really helps to make me feel that I am "living the fantasy" so to say. It really does the job as to giving me the illusion that I AM a Sith Lord or a Jedi and that I am making the decisions instead of just following along some quest line and that kind of feeling makes this game stand out from all the others.

Then there's the other players. You guys make the game even more enjoyable by taking the game more seriously then the fan base of many of the other games I have played. When I ask a legitimate question, I get a straight answer instead if a bunch of bull, and you guys are very helpful to new players trying to enjoy the game and learn the ropes instead of trolling them, you make it easy for new players to fit in and get down to playing. I know I really appreciated all of your help and suggestions when I 1st started playing. Unlike with other games, I'm never afraid to jump into an instance with other players that I don't know, because you guys don't nerd-rage at others, or ninja things that another player can clearly use, and that makes the game so much more fun. I can't say I have NEVER ran into a douche playing, but it is rare and that says something about the kind of people who choose to play this game. Bottom line is YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

Sorry I went on and on, but I really wanted to put my thoughts out here about how I feel about the people who work hard to keep bringing this game to us and about the other players who make this game so much fun to play.

I may only be one person, but I wanted to say Thank You all the same.

I just wanted to thank all of the true Star Wars fans who are remaining loyal to The Old Republic. With the launch of GW2 and all of the other competition out there it must be hard to retain customers, but I feel this game is by far, still the most entertaining and balanced game out there. I purchased and played GW2 and played at the early launch to make my hubby happy, but my hard earned money will continue to be spent here, even when the game goes Free 2 Play. I feel the people involved with this game really listen to their fans and work hard to accommodate them. The patches and down time is spread out reasonably so we can get back to playing, the bugs encountered and reported are dealt with quickly and though there are lag issues, that is a small price to pay, I feel, when you look at the graphics involved in this game, I enjoy the non-cartoonish realistic look and am willing to deal with a little lag or spend the $50 to upgrade my comp in exchange for the realistic look I get.

I also find that the questing cutscenes with the voice over acting really helps to make me feel that I am "living the fantasy" so to say. It really does the job as to giving me the illusion that I AM a Sith Lord or a Jedi and that I am making the decisions instead of just following along some quest line and that kind of feeling makes this game stand out from all the others.

Then there's the other players. You guys make the game even more enjoyable by taking the game more seriously then the fan base of many of the other games I have played. When I ask a legitimate question, I get a straight answer instead if a bunch of bull, and you guys are very helpful to new players trying to enjoy the game and learn the ropes instead of trolling them, you make it easy for new players to fit in and get down to playing. I know I really appreciated all of your help and suggestions when I 1st started playing. Unlike with other games, I'm never afraid to jump into an instance with other players that I don't know, because you guys don't nerd-rage at others, or ninja things that another player can clearly use, and that makes the game so much more fun. I can't say I have NEVER ran into a douche playing, but it is rare and that says something about the kind of people who choose to play this game. Bottom line is YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

Sorry I went on and on, but I really wanted to put my thoughts out here about how I feel about the people who work hard to keep bringing this game to us and about the other players who make this game so much fun to play.

YOU ARE AWESOME TOO! You can tell who the true Star Wars fans are on here. May the Force be with You.

I hereby nominate this as Best Post On The Forums. :)

I will say that the main reason I am here is because they shut down SWG.

Loved that game, and love playing in the SW universe!

I have played STO, DCUO, PotBS (among others) but none of them have given me the feeling of satisfaction I get when playing in the SW universe.

I really enjoyed the KotOR series (games and comics) and think this game does a good job of capturing that feel.

This game may not be perfect, but I am having a blast playing it!

And to me, that's worth the price of admission...

I will say that the main reason I am here is because they shut down SWG.

Um. Im sure you know that SWG's source code was released to the public. Programmers have already started to rebuild SWG as it was pre CU. Its in a Alpha right now, with the Beta coming right around the start of 2013. If you have a set of original SWG discs, you should be good to go. A friend of mine is currently involved with the game restoration and will keep me informed, which I will pass on to you when I get info.

What server are you on?? I want to meet you ! (in game, of course)

Um. Im sure you know that SWG's source code was released to the public. Programmers have already started to rebuild SWG as it was pre CU. Its in a Alpha right now, with the Beta coming right around the start of 2013. If you have a set of original SWG discs, you should be good to go. A friend of mine is currently involved with the game restoration and will keep me informed, which I will pass on to you when I get info.

I would definitely appreciate that.

Need to see if I have them, if not I know a place I can get some cheap.

Do they need to be the original Empire Divided, or will any of the SWG sets work (I had Complete Adventures and Rage of the Wookiees.) I know I can get a set of the JTL disks....

• 2 weeks later...
I would definitely appreciate that.

Need to see if I have them, if not I know a place I can get some cheap.

Do they need to be the original Empire Divided, or will any of the SWG sets work (I had Complete Adventures and Rage of the Wookiees.) I know I can get a set of the JTL disks....

I don't it matters which version you have, so long as you have the discs.

MTFBWY.

I completely agree with everything you said. This MMO is the first I have played since FF XI where the higher level players actually help the lower level players when either asked quetions or when they have needed help with a tough opponent, and if they need people for Heroic Missions. I have asked for and gotten help when needed and I definately plan to be there to help people when I am able to do so. Some of the things BioWare has done do frustrate me however I plan to stick it out with this game I have put too much money and time into it already might as well stay in for the long haul.

I have always been a fan of Star Wars and all of its content (Yes even episode I) and I always will be. I find that the people who play a game MAKE the game experience in MMOs. CHEERS TO THE OLD REPUBLIC!!!

/salute

WTB more players like the OP to ensure a bright and vibrant SWTOR community. :)