Nerf the crap out of Sorcerers

Electroflux

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This class is so pathetically overpowered it's unbelievable. Plus you can't even play a warzone with less then 8 sorcerers.

Odd, we kicked the crap out of Imps last night and they had Sorcerers. I took one down with my Shadow. Interrupt, Mezz, Stone the dude for the win...

It is by and far the most played class in PVP IMO. I'm imperial and it always seem like there are more Sorcerers in PVP than anything else by a long shot.

Three or more of them in a group will destroy a group of players in short order with stun locks. I'm not sure they need nerfed but maybe a immunity timer on stuns would be a better fix.

Edited by MMOBrac

This class is so pathetically overpowered it's unbelievable. Plus you can't even play a warzone with less then 8 sorcerers.

Most played != OPed

State a specific reason you feel they are OPed with conditions that can be easily replicated along with Republic comparisons and maybe you'll be listened to

It is by and far the most played class in PVP IMO. I'm imperial and it always seem like there are more Sorcerers in PVP than anything else by a long shot.

Three or more of them in a group will destroy a group of players in short order with stun locks. I'm not sure they need nerfed but maybe a immunity timer on stuns would be a better fix.

Guess what's the method of keeping the numbers down ? I'll tell you, nerfbat. Then, overnight hordes of sorcerers will reroll something else. Haha.

Expect a nerf in around 3 months after launch, once BW will have solid statistics each class. Happens in every MMO, everytime.

Guess what's the method of keeping the numbers down ? I'll tell you, nerfbat. Then, overnight hordes of sorcerers will reroll something else. Haha.

Expect a nerf in around 3 months after launch, once BW will have solid statistics each class. Happens in every MMO, everytime.

If there is not justifiable reason to nerf them, they won't get nerfed. No one has yet provided numbers or specifics in this thread as to why a nerf is called for

Have you stopped to think that maybe many are playing for the while lightning thing? I know Rune-Keepers in LotRO were played by tons of people for the same reason

You now what else needs to get nerfed?

Stupid people posting about nerfs before the game launches, because 7 days is apparently enough time to learn your class. Learn others, reach level 50, and determine which class is op and which class is bad.

If there is not justifiable reason to nerf them, they won't get nerfed. No one has yet provided numbers or specifics in this thread as to why a nerf is called for

Have you stopped to think that maybe many are playing for the while lightning thing? I know Rune-Keepers in LotRO were played by tons of people for the same reason

As I said my problem with Sorcerers is in groups they can pretty much perma stun lock anyone. Given there is so many of them playing for whatever reason that happens a lot more often than you think. A stun immunity timer would fix that without affecting the class in any other way.

Honestly the fact that there isn't a stun immunity timer in game already seems odd to me. I guess classes where more balanced out in beta or something.

As I said my problem with Sorcerers is in groups they can pretty much perma stun lock anyone. Given there is so many of them playing for whatever reason that happens a lot more often than you think. A stun immunity timer would fix that without affecting the class in any other way.

Honestly the fact that there isn't a stun immunity timer in game already seems odd to me. I guess classes where more balanced out in beta or something.

This is not a reason to nerf Sorcs, it's a reason to add a temp immunity timer. I saw you mention it before and agree. There's a difference, OP, between calling for a nerf and calling for a mechanics review

This is not a reason to nerf Sorcs, it's a reason to add a temp immunity timer. I saw you mention it before and agree. There's a difference, OP, between calling for a nerf and calling for a mechanics review

You are right, I don't personally think anything beyond that is needed in PVP at this time myself. I might change my mind as time goes on but right now that's the only complaint I have about classes in PVP.

Well that and Huttball plays 3 times more often than anything else but that's because republic players don't pvp much on Space Slug it seems.

Too many sith sorcerers in this thread.

It's ridiculous how I can be a Trooper doing great damage but have terrible capabilities against sorcerers. I get a bubble that doesn't absorb all damage but some damage for a very short time which really doesn't help.

Sorcerers get a bubble on a short cooldown that can absorb a certain amount of damage, therefore they're able to absorb 3 of my abilities. On top of that, they get heals that heal them at least 1/4 their hp while i get some crap heals that are just pathetic there is no point in using them. Also, they get CC's that can make you incapable of even playing the game on top of getting continously hit for ridiculously high damage and DOT damage.

Bioware should have known this from EVERY OTHER MMORPG that has clearly failed to realize that mage classes are always overpowered. You can't have a class that can heal, have tons of cc, damage higher then every class in the game, amazing mobility and a bubble all in one and expect them to be perfectly fine. Sith Sorcerers are not perfectly fine and I can guarantee you they will get nerfed and when they do, we can finally stop seeing so many of this terrible class for people that don't know how to play the game.