sorc sucks ***

CoolKillaZilla

so I main as a sorcerer and sage, one day I decided to try out my shadow and my operative. all I gotta say is: HOLY ****. those other two classes were so easy to get kills on its not even funny, then I go back to my sorc and think to myself "why is this even a class?" Is bioware dumb? Edited by CoolKillaZilla

well I mean I get the fact that kiting and dots can negate those disadvantages but when you get focused its just a squishy class

I have met sorcs in ranked that kited so well, that chose a different target instead. They can be very bloody hard to pin down.

After 2 years of consecutive buffs, the last nerf didnt do any dmg to the class that left it underrepresented. In fact, it left the survivability to still kite and heal at same time. What you cant do anymore, is standing in front just typing buttons as couple months before. Edited by leonlotus

well I mean I get the fact that kiting and dots can negate those disadvantages but when you get focused its just a squishy class

In all honesty, despite some sorcerers being great at kiting and using los it's easy to wipe them especially with stuns and several consecutive electro nets (merc bros teams aren't rarity).

Edited by Johrun

In all honesty, despite some sorcerers being great at kiting and using los it's easy to wipe them especially with stuns and several consecutive electro nets (merc bros teams aren't rarity).

Agreed mate.

Sorc is easily melted 1vs1 no matter how good you are at kiting,if the player directly at you is good with his char,your hp will be melted down fast. So stop with all those - SORC IS FINE. - YEAH Dps is fine indeed,I have no problem with that,but defences are pure laughter. It needs a defensive buff alone, this has been chewed since 5.0 was introduced.

Same as Powertechs,Sorcs need defences. Those 2 classes are melted down 1vs1.

It needs a defensive buff alone,

They really don't.... especially not madness. In fact it's DPS that needs a buff on both specs. This is very obvious for anyone that plays ranked with or against sorcerers. With the right utilities they can kite and survive much better than juggernaut, pt and even sniper. But they lack the damage to be a real treat, and that is why many dps sorcerers are now playing support and doing more healing than damage. Again this is all ranked.

Agreed mate.

Sorc is easily melted 1vs1 no matter how good you are at kiting,if the player directly at you is good with his char,your hp will be melted down fast. So stop with all those - SORC IS FINE. - YEAH Dps is fine indeed,I have no problem with that,but defences are pure laughter. It needs a defensive buff alone, this has been chewed since 5.0 was introduced.

Same as Powertechs,Sorcs need defences. Those 2 classes are melted down 1vs1.

The class imbalances and overall TTK would benefit from higher health pools. I honestly think that the tuning for damage-to-health ratio in 5.0 is out of whack.

1. Lower DCDs a bit

2. Lower Mobility a bit

3. Increase the trama debuff a bit

4. Increase the coefficient for endurance to HP

This would raise the base TTK but stop defenses and heals from making combat deadlock. Smoothing everything out with HP would dilute class imbalances.

in the beginning of the game, bubble was the center of ourdefense, and all was around.

now, bubble is ridiculous and all defensive utilities around bubble are now useless as ever (except stun bubble for heal).

bioware needs to fix it.

Edited by Thaladan

• 3 weeks later...

In 5.0, Sorc (and PT) are the kind of classes you play if you want to mess around in 8v8 warzones while laughing and having a good time with friends. I don't recommend playing them in 4's because their survivability is active rather than passive, and most of the other classes can maintain a ton of DPS while surviving.

OP, I have been recording some matches (against mostly bads, but that goes for both teams) if you want some ideas. It's not me in my prime (on the contrary, I barely play and am super rusty these days due to the lack of competition) but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTIDhR2XlTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkEc9o3snDw

In 1v1's they've fallen quite far since 4.0; you'll lose against operatives, mercenaries, and fury marauders in particular, but you stand a decent chance against most other specs if you execute well.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

I'm not sure what reality some people are playing in, but sorcs are pretty frail and the damage they put out isn't high enough to justify their squishiness. Even if you execute perfectly, you can still get rekt by someone on another class who isn't as good as you.

It's a fun class to mess about in regs, but anyone who plays this class and others at a high level can tell it's nowhere near as competitive as it needs to be.

Lightning sorcs need the CL bug fixed, then some more damage shifted into their Thundering blast so they have a big crit item (same DPS is fine, just move some dmg from the rotation into TB).

Madness needs death field back to 8m, max targets at 4.

I think they both need some kind of defensive mechanic that builds stacks as they use their main fillers (Lightning Bolt, Force Lightning) and which increases dodge chance or something when activated but is off the GCD (skill shot defensive ability).

Thats about it, IMO.

What the hell are you talking about. You have range and you can easily los people to heal to full. Then you make them pay for trying to kill you! It's not a problem with a class in this case, like with Guardians and Powertech dps. It seems that you may have a perception problem.

If Sorcs suck why does one have 3000 rating which is more than any player on any class atm? :D

Heals, syncs, win trades, hacks. ^^ Welcome to ranked.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• 2 weeks later...

Is people stupid to say something like "you can heal to full"

No you can't, as dps your heals sucks, you need more time to heal than anyone can get around and kill you.

"heal to full" is a meme from DEVs, they said that and become a joke.

Is people stupid to say something like "you can heal to full"

No you can't, as dps your heals sucks, you need more time to heal than anyone can get around and kill you.

"heal to full" is a meme from DEVs, they said that and become a joke.

You actually were able to ''heal to full'' back when sorcs were actually OP. Nowadays they're only a shadow of what they once were.

Sorcs are in a good place actually... they just can't face tank like nearly every other class can do. They need to move immediately after contact. Cool thing is, they've got tremendous mobility to help out with this. I think the tankiness of other ranged classes are skewing your perspective. They should also need to clear out/kite on contact just like sorcs although not as quickly.