I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

Danylko

So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

There ya have it, my guide to the 15 things you can do to cure your boredom in this game. (Waiting on forum trolls to come in with some retort now)

P.S.

If you're a DD Edition or CE, check out all the call things you can also get for end game or save up to buy yourself!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people like completing the game 100%, I don't really pursue that.

Things like all Codex entries are simply a complete waste of time to me.

I have all datacrons, I have all companions maxed out on story and affection, I got decent gear.

Completing the grey quests on some old planets? They aren't even worth the loading time, because most of them are not interesting one bit. Some side quests get really annoying at one point.

There's not really the feeling of accomplishment in the game for getting the Codex or completing all quests everywhere. I don't see the point.

Awww, I remember my first MMO too. This thread is cute!

He might be new, but he is right. The juvenile foaming at the mouth ******* that power through content, and expect everything to just be 2 clicks away, and have some unattainable amount of end-game content just so they can sit for 12 hours straight per day grinding away, is not the most exciting, or proper way to judge the quality of a game.

There are plenty of things to do when you hit 50, just because you choose not to embrace them, is not Bioware's fault. Did you clear all the raid content, and are in full raid gear? You can always level an alt. Heck, I cant wait to start leveling alts, you know... because its actually kind of enjoyable leveling chars in this, and not like getting your teeth pulled like in EQ, or just couldnt wait to get it out of the way like WoW. In fact, I wish I could keep leveling.. .and the story to go on.

I have all datacrons, I have all companions maxed out on story and affection, I got decent gear.

Completing the grey quests on some old planets? They aren't even worth the loading time, because most of them are not interesting one bit. Some side quests get really annoying at one point.

There's not really the feeling of accomplishment in the game for getting the Codex or completing all quests everywhere. I don't see the point.

AHHH the content locusts are coming!

OP has a point. I have a level 50 sage and level 50 IA, and while I'm focusing on leveling my other characters, I feel that I still have much to complete on my level 50s. I really want to find all the datacrons, complete the world arc and bonus series for Corellia, get 10k affection with my other companions experience their stories, finish the last 3 flashpoints I never even attempted, finish all the HM flashpoints (only did black talon), do OPs, (only got to Soa on EV with a PUG).

I log in to my sage and sniper to do a bit of this and a bit of that while I level my Trooper. IMO, endgame is perfect. Its not grindy or expansive enough to where you feel obligated to continue that character and go completionist, and its not bland or stale enough so that you drop your characters completely. Most people are having problems with the latter, as they are playing a single character only, 4+hours a day, which simply isnt fun in this game.

tl;dr, MMO players are annoying. roll an alt, or cancel your subscription.

So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before .... Blah blah blah !

At 50, pvp is a joke.

My class quest is broken. Bounty Hunter.

The rest is boring as hell. So I'm not going to spend my time doing things that I find boring.

I thrive on pvp's adrenaline rush, which this game lacks to provide at 50.

It's good to know that you've plenty of time on your hands.

Thats the thing, it's the SAME THING IN OTHER GAMES.

Why do I want to run the wheel again, when I can log onto my 85 arc mage and be leaps and bounds ahead of anything I could achieve in SWTOR?

Your list entails nothing but grinding/farming - boring.

Thats the thing, it's the SAME THING IN OTHER GAMES.

Why do I want to run the wheel again, when I can log onto my 85 arc mage and be leaps and bounds ahead of anything I could achieve in SWTOR?

Your list entails nothing but grinding/farming - boring.

right, leaps and bounds ahead on your 1 button wonder.

So your rationale for not liking this game is that you already are geared in WoW. Good job. Thank you for purchasing this game despite the fact that you never actually intended on subbing. I'm sure you came in with a negative attitude and only played because all your WoW friends were trying it, like most haters here.

I've got a level 50 BH Merc healer (the class quest isn't broken, I've finished the story, and yes I chose the darkside choice), full champ set, about level 33 valor right now, doing dailies and weekly's on him, and hard modes with guildies, then switching to alts. The stories are so different on each alt that I really don't feel like im doing any overlapping content unless I choose to. for someone who likes alts, this game is terrific. Plus, on my BH, I skipped some planets and just did the story quests there, so as to leave them open for alts, and I'm finding that to be one of the best ideas ever. Balmorra i breezed through and now on my sith jugg I'm doing everything on it, and finding it to be way more interesting than I thought.

Essentially, the only people complaining about this game with ferocity, and nothing constructive, are the ones who I dug out above. They only bought the game because their mmo buddies were all doing it, they didn't want to leave their max level decked out toon from mmo X that they put time into (nothing wrong with this), and so they sit around and do nothing but talk negatively about the game so they can go back to it, and bring anyone they can with them.

they'll go eventually.

Edited by Dillingor

Now what? What do you think OP? What have you done in other games? Do you purchase a game from Gamestop and play it all the way through once and never play it again? No, you play it again and again and again. Here, in TOR, you can do that with friends, level alts, craft items for them, for others, work on your Legacy... etc... etc. QQ more pew pew :D ttfn :p

You didnt read the OP..... did you?

I just hit 50 on my main two nights ago, and I am still rolling. Cannot wait to see the end of the agent story... Bioware better be working on chapter 4!!!!

Light side ending is super ******, dunno if your playing it. It just got done throwing you through a few hoops I expect, and its about to out you on a roller coaster, buckle up man.

You didnt read the OP..... did you?

Hmm, now that you mention it... lol... I read enough... the wall of text blinded me from it. Pardon me, I'm human :p Sorry OP, should've paid closer attention to it. My bad. Been a long day and all that.

You have all companions maxed out?! Through all EIGHT classes? I find it hard to believe.

Sometimes I'd just wish to see that all the "no content" "this content is boring and the same as all the other games" people start pumping out all those really interesting and revolutionary and never ending amount of ideas they missing and think should be in the game. Of course all of the just one click away in the station so they don't have to travel becouse it's boring, and hopefully it doesnt take too much time and repeat becouse that's boring too.

Seriously.

Start the suggestions, don't just whine. Some of them maybe good and makes it to the game.

Edited by Meglivorn

Awww, I remember my first MMO too. This thread is cute!

this is no where near my first MMO and i agree with the OP...

ive been level 50 for several weeks and i am in no way able to do the amount of things that are available for me to do on any particular day.

Yea ive done all the heroics and all the raids so far too but im looking forward to doing them all again. Honestly i think most people jsut put their expectations waaaaay to high for things and are let down when it turns out that this is just a game and not the second coming of christ.