Autoassigned normal mode Ops loot

Got a group together and went into the two raids with nothing but a few videos to guide us. Beyond the numerous bug nothing was annoying my group more than having all the major loot autoassigned by the game. Basically for those who dont know what Im talking about, loot on the boss has a name on it and that person is the only person in the raid who can pick up said BoP item.

I think I read elsewhere that this is only preset in the Normal mode of operations. Im just hoping to find some insight as to how this system made it into the game. Its absolutely wonderful to have a piece of loot assigned to the player who didnt need the upgrade while two others in the raid did. /sarcasm

It is in the game because normals are ment to be pugable, and so the loot master can't ninja the loot. It does change in hard modes and allows you to loot master things.

I do agree with you though and my guild found it extremely annoying and pissed us off. As long as your guys are good just roll into hard modes straight from the get go.

If its true that it was put in to stop ninja looting it just feels like a system that punishes working with your guild/friends. While the group I was with probably will head into Hard mode next week (Normal mode felt WAY undertuned) it just doesnt seem fair to those guilds who only want to run Normal modes.

It feels like excessive DRM on software. Simply punishing those who are only trying to follow the rules.

Normal mode is tunned for people who go. Ding 50, lets run EV. Hard mode is tunned more to people who have done Hard mode flashpoints for a few days and have a brain. Oh there is fire on the ground let me move out of it instead of cuddling with it.

I do dislike auto assigned loot, but understand them wanting to stop pugs from ninjaing. The REALLY bad problem is when a piece of loot that I already have is auto assigned to me....

A possible solution would be to allow Master Looter in Normal modes that consist entirely of members of the same guild. Thoughts?