Scheduled Maintenance: May 14th, 2013

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

On Tuesday May 14th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.1.0: Customization will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday May 14th, 2013

Duration: 5 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) to 8AM PDT (3PM UTC)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by AmberGreen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That the hell is UTC? Are you trying to make it harder for us to work out what time the maintenances are? What happened to GMT? I'm in Australia and have relatives in England so could easily work out the times for maintenance.

Remember when they used to list several time zones, that was great but that was clearly too much work for them.

Edited by ChuangTzu

That the hell is UTC? Are you trying to make it harder for us to work out what time the maintenances are? What happened to GMT? I'm in Australia and have relatives in England so could easily work out the times for maintenance.

Remember when they used to list several time zones, that was great but that was clearly too much work for them.

I had to go look it up cause I wasn't familiar either, but UTC is GMT from what I'm seeing.

It's the new trendy, politically correct way to say GMT.

I wholeheartedly agree with this poster.

Having to flip open a new browser and type in "UTC to EDT" took entirely too long, something like 10 seconds, and the resulting page which clearly instructed me to subtract 4 hours from the UTC to obtain the EDT time was like reading a graduate thesis in quantum mechanics.

Please, in the future, list the times of upcoming maintenances using a full color, detailed chart outlining all 24 time zones around the world and what the appropriate start time should be.

Having to flip open a new browser and type in "UTC to EDT" took entirely too long, something like 10 seconds, and the resulting page which clearly instructed me to subtract 4 hours from the UTC to obtain the EDT time was like reading a graduate thesis in quantum mechanics.

Please, in the future, list the times of upcoming maintenances using a full color, detailed chart outlining all 24 time zones around the world and what the appropriate start time should be.

And it's so hard for BW to post times for all the servers? Why do American and European time zones get included, but not any APAC time zones? We're not saying all of them (I'm sure if they just included AEST we could work it out), but why are we the region that gets ignored}? We pay the same money as anyone else.

If it's so easy to work out, then no one will mind if they only post AEST times now, will they?

Love the sarcasm. Being from Massachusetts, I speak fluent sarcasm and truly appreciate a well crafted sarcastic reply.

Edited by Baldak

On Tuesday May 14th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.1.0 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday May 14th, 2013

Duration: 5 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) to 8AM PDT (3PM UTC)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Thank you for the update Amber, I am sure many of us simply can't wait to try out the new features.

Don't forget to use IP geolocation to put a giant "You are here" arrow on the globe, cause knowing these kinds of things are hard.

I remember the last time someone had a hissy over all time zones not being displayed, another poster went and posted start times for ALL the local time designations in the world.

It was a formidable wall of text.

And they still will continue to whine about time zones even if every single zone was posted. It never ends

I don't know why they switched from CST (my zone) to PST, but seriously, it's not all that hard to remember that I'm 2 hours ahead of PST and 5 hours behind UTC. Just learn your offset and apply as needed.

Back on topic, I'm actually more interested in bugs fixes than in the customization stuff. Here's hoping there are a lot of them.

Oh, and +1 to Kubernetic for that great reply.

Edited by Kupo

Usually I'd complain about more cartel stuff and less bug fixes etc. That being said... I've been waiting at least 6 months for recustomization on my Assassin. I'm desperate to play my Assassin again, though right now I cannot force myself to as body type 3 is disgusting. Lost all motivation to do anything the past week as I know I'll be going back to my Assassin for sure.

CANNOT WAIT!!

You have an excellent point and they should list more time zones than they do now.

UTC - Universal Time Coordinated which is explained at http://www.wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/utc.htm

Anyone who served in the military in the past 30 years or so should have no problems converting UTC to their time zone. For example the US uses nine standard time zones. From east to west they are Atlantic Standard Time (AST) (UTC -3), Eastern Standard Time (EST) (UTC -4), Central Standard Time (CST) (UTC -5), Mountain Standard Time (MST) (UTC -6), Pacific Standard Time (PST) (UTC -7), Alaskan Standard Time (AKST) (UTC -8), Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HST) (UTC -10), Samoa standard time (UTC-11) and Chamorro Standard Time (UTC+10).

any chance at early patch notes?

Early I would settle for even after, I have kept checking and it seems this patch never happend, no notes, nothing. If I had not been booted off for the patch I would of assumed it did not take place.

So was anything done, fixed, broken, etc?