Lots of BW Hate & Yet We Still Sub.....Why?

Josewales

Meh...

1. Casual friendly for us real lifers.

2. All new gen RvRs are still broken. Camelot Unchained still a few years away. There is still time for hope here.

3. I prefer light sticks over gnomes and elfs. It's still a lazy arse WoW clone...but hey, it's got charm.

4. Josey Wales for once in 14 years of pvping, gets to dual pistols in a cowboy hat.

You...

I was as disappointed in the answers as anyone, but when it comes right down to it, I like playing the game. I have fun. So I keep playing (and paying). I absolutely wish they would do more for PvP, at least basic stuff like let us pick what WZs we queue for. But when it comes to it, I prefer to play this game to others.

I would not go to the newer MMOs in any event, that's a fool's errand. Next month when I become a subscriber to all of SOE's titles for one sub price, I will play around in their library. DCUO is kinda fun, if a bit grindy.

You just need a game that you actually like to come out. That's what did it for me. Hell; it isn't even out yet, but I have been busy planning what I'm going to do first rather than log into this game. 1 more week for me. Some have a few weeks and others may be a couple more years. Then there are some who so far have no hope to look forward to.

5. Wildstar hasn't been released yet.

Wrong time of the season for me to care about it. Warm weather incoming! If all we get is fluffy housing, new gear grinds and an increase to level cap. Then this fall I probably will check it out.

But one thing that will definitely make me not care about WS or EoS....are RvR events similar to the Bounty event model, where players are scattered all over the planets picking their poison (easy cure for SWTOR engine blues & pop imbalance). And pvping in the actual game for once in an actual carrot war...the sideshow instances has been old since BC.

Edited by Josewales

I don't hate bioware, just have annoyance towards them. On one hand I love them for the annoucement of strongholds and guild ships, on the other hand, I hate how they seem to just throw PvP to the dogs. But I still play because one way or another, I love this game.

The hate is undeserved. They haven't done as good a job as they could have or probably should have or even as good a job as their marketing said they would (;>) but that's no reason to hate. The deck was stacked heavily against them and what they did deliver isn't nearly as bad as some very immature sorts have lamented here. Even if I move on soon and I probably will, I did get thousands of hours of fun here so I can't really complain (or "hate").

IMO The only reason this game has survived past launch was because of the Star Wars IP. If it wasnt for that I doubt this game would have lasted a year without dropping below 100k subscriptions. If it wasnt for the SW skinned WoW clone that it is with light sabers and blaster pistols it would probably be below Rift. Though atleast I was able to play this to end game when it first came out due to story lines and voice overs >.<

No hate here. I had the most fun in SWTOR leveling. I still like to level characters. I am not a big raider, but what I have seen, the pve content is fun and well done. The total amount of content in this game for as young as it is and the cut backs they have had is pretty impressive.

But it is true also that the pvp is very limited. I have not done space so can't comment. I should try it.

I do play other games, most notably The Secret World, and will continue to do so.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Duran'del here:

1. Dude, Star Wars :p

2. Its fun.

3. I've got 3 55s and I'm working on leveling all my alt to at least 50.

4. No other MMO has voice-acting like this game.

5. I don't like any of the other MMOs.

Agreed.

And I'm not mad at the answers, mostly because none of its news. They just condensed 2 years of rare Dev comments into one post.

1. Star Wars MMO

2.Continuation of a timeline I really loved since KotOR

3.Operations are challenging and fun, even if the players can be tedious

4.PVP is a team-based sport-like experience I can really get behind. Not a complete Spam war, clusterfuk that WoW is. Honestly, they could do ranked Huttball matches, especially with multiple maps, and turn this game into a legitimate E-Sport. Same thing with their Arena's.

5.More involving story lines than i have seen in any MMO's to date.

Look it has it's issues, but really, I have got my moneys worth out of this game ten fold, and I recommend it to all my friends constantly.

1. Lack of, IMO, interesting options. I guess I could stop playing games althogether but what it really comes down to is my work schedule. I work nights and I can't just go home and jump straight in bed in the mornings. So I play. The options at those hours are very limited because other people are either heading to work or at sleep. I post on the forums from work btw, in lack of better things to do there.

2. Laziness. Even if I came across a game that I considered to be on par I'd probably be too lazy to just give up on swtor and start on something new. I know that I'll never play a MMO again, that's for sure, because leveling really isnt my thing.

Oh and I didnt start playing this game because it has the SW logo. SW is probably the reason to why I discovered it (ads, commercials etc) but not why I play it. Hell, I'm not even a big fan of SW and from the little I've watched of the story cinematics I'd have to say that it doesnt feel particulary SW. The game doesnt look like I imagined a SW game to look either. I think they should have created much darker settings a la' Gears of War to capture the feeling of it being a war.

Edited by MidichIorian

1. I'm actually not a star wars fan-to me it's just meh-but I really like the individual and planet stories in this game. AFAIK no other mmo goes into so much dept and detail for every single class.

2. I've seen and read about the pvp on other games, there is not as much difference there. Some of them are even worse.

3. I don't really hate the pvp in this game. There are a lot of issues, but none that I absolutely can't forgive or look past.

4. I really like some of the new outfits.

5. I like the design of many planets.

6. ops are fun.

The only thing I hate about this game are some of the people. But that would happen in any game.

Although I'm Exrtemely disgruntled with biowares attitude and ability to get pvp

Working on the level of say wow for example the 1thing that keeps me loggin in each day is

My guild mates.

We have a damn good time carrying on in Ts and if this is the game that keeps us altogether

Then so be it.

Typical love it - hate it situation for me.

It seems half the dev team did great job (storyline, voice acting, costumes, etc.), while the other half, well, ...

But what I hate the most and find despicable is knowing how great PVP could be if there was some effort put into it.

Cross server or server merge would make matchmaking possible, so finally there would be no more warzones without healers and an ELO system could be implemented as well instead of killing specs owing to whining.

Anyway, I decided I would only leave if it turned out my full Conqueror sets became inferior to Bolstered PVE gear (which is in fact quite likely). Regardless, I had a lot of fun with this game and do not regret the time spent with it, but I will always be sad when I look back and think of the possibilites wasted.

The amount of people blowing their loads over Wildstar is shocking to me...

I know a few people that have been participating in the beta

Tests and everyone of thinks it blows chunks

I'm sure it will pull players looking for somthing new