Good guilds still accused of hacks

Spliffy-TreesOG

if i understood it correctly, you flip the lag switch while stealthed. then you can unstealth and cap the door and the server still shows you being stealthed. In essence, you cap the door while in stealth.

I could be wrong, but i had my camera on the door the whole time, and there was nobody there. as soon as the bomb was capped he appeared for an instant then stealthed again...

Again this was on the first server i was on. and it was a long time ago.

this would obviously only work if u were host.. which ur not so..

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i understood it correctly, you flip the lag switch while stealthed. then you can unstealth and cap the door and the server still shows you being stealthed. In essence, you cap the door while in stealth.

I could be wrong, but i had my camera on the door the whole time, and there was nobody there. as soon as the bomb was capped he appeared for an instant then stealthed again...

Again this was on the first server i was on. and it was a long time ago.

They fixed this AWHILE back and it wasnt a lag switch some people did it without even knowing aka guild vs guild. There was A LOT of bugs back in the day their is still an issue with some mechanics I.E. Juggs leaping and making it seem like they are lagging out/untargeteable when in reality its a server issue and not the person pressing something or flipping a switch its been out since launch still have yet to fix it :(

They fixed this AWHILE back and it wasnt a lag switch some people did it without even knowing aka guild vs guild. There was A LOT of bugs back in the day their is still an issue with some mechanics I.E. Juggs leaping and making it seem like they are lagging out/untargeteable when in reality its a server issue and not the person pressing something or flipping a switch its been out since launch still have yet to fix it :(

I am aware of the exact bug you are speaking of. This was after that bug was smashed. I'm not certain it was a lag switch. His dad said that's what he was using.

Either way, if you read about what a lag switch does it seems very possible that you can appear stealthed to everyone else but actually be capping the door. (Even when not the host) nit saying I'm right by any means. Just sharing what I've read.

Not just guilds...I was told I hack. By a teammate. When I ask how so, they responded that I was using a stealth hack on my toon in the sig. Said there was no reason for me to be popping in and out of stealth and then staying stealthed after I did it a few times. On the run. Going to the objective...

My 2 cents.. I've been pvp'ing a decent amount on the imp side for the last few weeks. I've played with or against all the listed guilds. I've never seen anything I thought was a hack or a cheat. At best, DH mod comment was oddly worded for his stated intent. Would i know one if i saw one? Other than a blatant speed hack? Probably not. I've never accused anybody of hacking however. Good pvp guilds are good. I'm in a mostly PVE guild so I almost exclusively solo que and mostly wind up with pugs. I still finish my weekly without too much issue. Very often I take my lumps and begrudgingly tip my cap.

Not sure if that helps anybody lol.

See you in game

Not just guilds...I was told I hack. By a teammate. When I ask how so, they responded that I was using a stealth hack on my toon in the sig. Said there was no reason for me to be popping in and out of stealth and then staying stealthed after I did it a few times. On the run. Going to the objective...

people these days....

?

I didn't realize Nekron, Vullesh, Dragis, Sheemie, Lainon and Psiebral were all on your "b" team.

Just like you guys, we had some on our A team and some who aren't.

I can probe that lainon was COMPLETE SMASHED drunk that day.. :D:rak_03: