how are the points under the purple group icon awarder durrin conversations?

when you make your choice in a group conversation what is going on? sometimes the number under the group icon is 6 sometimes 2 or3 is die to all in the group picking the same conversation number gets a higher point under the icon?

What are these points do the relate to social points in some way?

in other words just what is going on as your flashpoint group is dealing with thes conversations?

I have the feeling I have missed something obvious here

daemian posted this in the old forums (pulled from google cache)

"another system designed to encourage the multiplayer aspect of MMO is 'Social Points,' a sort of ancillary experience bar. As you participate in conversations with a group, each person is allowed to select the dialogue response they'd like to see play out. A random number is then rolled for each player, with the highest winning, allowing their choice to play on-screen.

The winner also receives a small amount of social points -- a scaling value based on the number of players in your group -- which are visible in the character pane, displaying as a bar. As you 'rank up' through the various tiers you gain access to items on special social vendors in cities. Kaas City on Dromund Kaas, for example, has a social vendor which sells such items. We're not just talking fluff here, either -- there are real, quality pieces of equipment that you can purchase with the regular game currency, credits, just for leveling up your social rank."

http://www.curse.com/articles/swtor-en-news/950700.aspx

Looks like just winning a the multiplayer conversation roll (luck of the dice) gives more social points. I'm willing to bet the more that chose the winning choice, also grants a bonus. I'm sure more info will be available the coming weeks

You receive social points any time you choose a response while grouping. I think its a base of 2 points, and then if you Win the roll you get the # of people in your group times 2 points.

Example- You and a friend duo Black Talon, you will get 2 points for each losing roll, and 4 for each winning roll. If you had taken 4 people, you would have gotten 8 points for winning the roll.

AFAIK it's 1point per person in the group.

And if you win the roll, and got to say something, you get an extra 1 point per person in the group.

So loosing the roll: Points= number of people in the group

Win the roll: Points = number of people in the group x 2

OK thanks I thought perhaps everyone in the group had to agree to select option 2 every time or something like that and that some sort of timer was working to see how fat you selected something

:) glad it is not that complex

Not that complex at all. Additionally, since many of the conversation choices are Dark vs. Light you get dark/light points based solely on your choice no matter what the group choice ends up being. Which is good, a group can't screw up your personal progression.

Not that complex at all. Additionally, since many of the conversation choices are Dark vs. Light you get dark/light points based solely on your choice no matter what the group choice ends up being. Which is good, a group can't screw up your personal progression.

This is true. During beta, when I ran the Esseles flashpoint, we had 4 guys in the group. Every time I won a roll, I got 8 points. Every time I lost a roll I got 4 points. Also, losing a roll applies a bonus amount to each successive roll until you win one. IE my first roll was 22, but the next roll was 93 ( I still lost). The Next one was 127, and I won it. The next one was back to something like 64, which I won, and the next time everybody else had higher rolls than I did.

Also, I chose to space the crew in the flashpoint (for the darkside points) while everyone else chose the lightside option and won. They got lightside I got darkside points.

How that helps to explain the way the social points work.

AFAIK it's 1point per person in the group.

And if you win the roll, and got to say something, you get an extra 1 point per person in the group.

So loosing the roll: Points= number of people in the group

Win the roll: Points = number of people in the group x 2

This

2 person group

2 for the loser, 4 for the winner

3 person group

3 for each loser, 6 to the winner

4 person group

4 for each loser, 8 for the winner